The Walt Disney Company Employee Reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the search See all 4,577 reviews
Creating happiness in a not so happy place
Product development (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 19, 2019
This is a "prestigious" place to work given its been on the forbes list of companies people want to work for
It has its pros and cons like any other companies but right is not a good time to be here as the company is majorly cutting costs
And people are expected to take on more work when colleagues have been fired and even interns have been cut out of the budget

Despite being an American company, the way of working in this Asian office is not as forward and open to having dialogues.
Hierachy is prevalent and you are not encouraged to speak your mind.
Townhalls have been cut, for good reasons I guess, since the MD was not transparent in his speech anyway.
Management is biased toward finance and other dept such as marketing.

HR hires sometimes fails because they favour hiring external parties from other brands to join the company instead of promoting internally.
To which I have seen a couple of people fail terribly, which is a shame and truly a waste of time and resources.
Leadership is mostly comprised of British and Indians. Lack of racial diversity in a company catering to all races worldwide

Contract workers are about 50 percent
The company does not convert good performers who are in the creative dept to be permanent staff.

The best part of working here is that you have the opportunity to bring happiness to consumers.
Pros
Fruits available everyday, fitness programs, health care, clean office
Cons
Employment terms, poor management, lack of transparency, complicated processes, lack of racial diversity in leadership team
Great workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 21, 2019
Good work environment and culture, people are passionate about the brand. Employees benefits are great as well. You are not an employee, you are a cast member !
Without having to relocate in another country, I would have kept my job within Disney.
Very pleasant and clean working environment
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 29, 2017
I wished I could be renewed as permanent position instead. Nevertheless I will try again if the permanent position is being offered. Great colleagues and respectful VP in charged.
Pros
Fun and joyful working environment
Cons
Contract position
Mix of Good and Bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  LoyangSeptember 5, 2016
Great company as there are very good staff medical benefits. The company provides fruits twice a week.

Not all units operate like an MNC. The business units at One-North is great and you can have exposure to multi-national environment. If you are looking for MNC environment, this business unit is great for exposure.

The technical unit is not at One-North and if you are an IT trained person, this place may not suit well. They are not that pro-IT. This office does not run like an MNC. The head is not towards IT matters.
Pros
Fruits provided. Good medical benefits
Cons
Depends on office location. Not much exposure for IT if restricted to technical unit
Great working environment and great colleagues
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 29, 2016
Lovely place to work with. Colleagues are very supportive.
Very pleasant working environment.
Wish I was offered the permanent position instead.
CEO is a great and powerful lady, I like her a lot.
Pros
Pantry with all snacks and beverages
Cons
Contract term
Great Company
Media Distribution (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 26, 2016
Great company to work for in terms of learning the industry and how the leading business was built and is still being operated today
Pros
Disney Brand
Cons
Poor Management
Good workplace
Manager, (Current Employee) –  One NorthSeptember 10, 2015
Fun place to work as long as personal and company goals are aligned.

Good exposure to the workings of a global MNC. Sometimes the Disney Wars are a reality and can prove to be a Strain.
Worked for 7 years with DQ Entertainment Ltd
Sr. Animator (Current Employee) –  singaporeAugust 28, 2014
Driven by passion and ability to perform in the field of 3D Character Animation, I wish to administer my skills in the productivity and profitability of the organization.
Multi-cultural workforce
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeNovember 26, 2013
My work is never boring because my colleagues are from all over the world. The Disney customer service standards are interesting.