The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 1,138 reviews
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NovenaSeptember 23, 2019
A typical day at work for me is communicating with customers on their enquiries. I have learned how to use the cash register and checking on stocks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends that I have made along the way.
Was ok
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardJuly 10, 2019
nothing too good about the company other than the staff benefits. i feel there are better companies out there with better management & have better knowledge on customer service. pay rate is ok as well.
Pros
good staff benefits, very flexible timing
Cons
unorganised, poor management
A fun workplace with endless opportunities
Part Time sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 11, 2018
Cotton on focuses on creating a fun, loving and positive working environment while aiming to create global footprints. This company has taught me a lot about workplace culture and team work. They have created the perfect work life balance for a lot of their young employees, like myself, who struggle between work and university.
Pros
several employee benefits, well paid job.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  JemApril 5, 2018
The job is a fast paced environment, lots of customers coming in and out all the time. Lots of thing to do requires time to adapt to. Overall a good environment.
Pros
1 hour break, choose your working hours
Cons
Sometimes need to work more than you request
It was fun, flexible and understanding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  MytownJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there, I wouldnt want to quit but for reasons I need to finish my study but If I have a chance to work with them again I would. out if all retail companies they gave the best benefit
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short wages
An exciting place to work at!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boon LayOctober 1, 2017
I have the best colleagues ever .
I always look forward to work for my shift and to meet the needs and wants of Cotton On precious customers ! Harderst part of the job? Would be on sales days . Its a hectic but a fun day !
interactive, fun
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  WoodlandsJune 1, 2017
as a sales assistant at cotton on, my job scope included engaging customers, helping with queries, maintaining store housekeeping, up selling products and assisting in achieving the store's daily KPI.
Pros
interactive, fun
Cons
shift work
Fun place to work with.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  SuntecMarch 27, 2017
The people there are great! Love how bonded we are as a team. And we would always find ways to increase our daily sales and the number of charity products we sold in a day to help kids in south uganda.
Sucks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore changi airportJanuary 1, 2017
Working part time at cotton on in the past few months was the worst, on the first month i have worked for only less than 30 hours my pay was less that $200 a month considering the high work load expected from the supervisors wanting everything to be perfect even the smallest of things.

But still the staff dicount was kinda worth it and the co worker weren't all that bad so the life there would be tolarable.
Pros
co-workers, Staff disounts
Cons
management
It's always different everyday
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jurong EastJune 1, 2016
Three years in cotton on really gave me a lot to remember, good memories especially. A day at work would always be different. The different type of people we encountered, the amount of workload we have to complete, the crazy peak hour crowds and not to mention the sales period. Everyday is always something new.

Despite being just a part timer, the outlet that i'm at is always short of manpower, and due to that, I sometimes have to step up my game and be doing in charge when my manager is on her off days. I do more than just what is required and to me that is something i actually feel challenged at first, however i like that challenge and i overcame that fast and adapt well. To the extent whereby now, my other senior part timers and I are training and teaching the new colleagues and the new full timer with us on how the system is at work.

The hardest part of any day at work would be the type of customers who would messed up the whole store or even be demanding, some might even be both, not forgetting those impatient ones. Plus, those customers who just have the mindset whereby "Customers are always right", well, they are wrong. The kind of treatment they gave us are really harsh and it's never a good feeling especially when we are just doing our jobs and following the company policy. However, despite whatever bad situation we faced, these are also the part of the day we will always remember.
Pros
As a part timer, i can have any off days i want.
Cons
Sometimes when the store is in a mess, we have to clear it up and prepare for the next day. Which ended up with us leaving work late.
Super fun working experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vivo CityMarch 18, 2016
The hardest part of the job is that i have to fold a lot of clothes. If it's not done i cannot leave work. But overall i really love working here because the colleagues there is very fun and easy to communicate.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Had to stand for long period of time
Fun working environment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Causeway Point; WoodlandsMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be folding the clothes on the table and arranging the wall stocks, serving the customers and assisting them while ensuring the store's cleanliness.

I picked up a lot of skills throughout my 2 years of working here. Examples would be opening and closing the store, folding the clothes according to the standards, organizing and packing of stocks in the backroom, operating the cash registers and also, doing the monthly visual merchandizing changes.

Management wise was fine. I am very thankful that I got to work with managers, who are very understanding and friendly and always made work fun to come to.

My co-workers were an awesome bunch of people to work with. There's never a single day at work where I don't smile, laugh and have fun while I'm working because they made the environment fun to work in.

The hardest part of the job would be during sales period, where the store will be packed with staff and customers alike and the store will be in a mess. Often, we would only leave the store past midnight during sales period, just to ensure the store's cleanliness.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have fun while working. I would always dance to the music that is being played within the store while I'm racking up, in a bid to keep the customers entertained and make them smile or laugh.
productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sembawang Estate, S00March 3, 2015
i love working in retail. i love cotton on clothes and i love the way they run the shop. it is very productive and fun place to work in. i learnt how to fold clothes in different ways and how to fold fast. i also learn how to be more observant and pay attention where the clothes are placed at so when running the clothes, i can be fast. the people i work with, are so friendly and helpful. i love working in cotton on.
Pros
50% discount for staff purchase