The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  NovenaSeptember 23, 2019
A typical day at work for me is communicating with customers on their enquiries. I have learned how to use the cash register and checking on stocks. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friends that I have made along the way.
terrible working experience
Area Manager - Retail (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 6, 2019
The company is professing values and employees benefits but the situation in Singapore is way worse than it is in Australia. They have no respect for people only for the products, they have no remorses in firing a person on the spot without any benefits and majority of ex-colleagues left the company. If you are in supply and merchandising chain, it could be a great fit as that is the focus of it but I would never recommend this company to begin with. Don't be disguised by their easy-going attitude, it is only a surface.
Pros
Cons
no respect for employees
Was ok
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardJuly 10, 2019
nothing too good about the company other than the staff benefits. i feel there are better companies out there with better management & have better knowledge on customer service. pay rate is ok as well.
Pros
good staff benefits, very flexible timing
Cons
unorganised, poor management
Very fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plaza SingapuraApril 5, 2019
As a part timer for 2 years in Cotton On, i had lots of fun working in the different outlets. The people there are very friendly and open minded. Even though it’s a retail job, there are a number of benefits and will learn a lot about fashion.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Fast pace
the environment is too hot and a lot of dust
full-time logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastFebruary 22, 2019
I learned how to manage the team and team spirit in the company, the company also rewards employees every month.it is very hot and a lot of dust in the company ,the goods are heavy .the company has free fruit to eat . the company plans to travel every year.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
the goods are too heavy
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  OrchardFebruary 6, 2019
Daily morning routine would be opening cartons, ensure best sellers are at eye level and sufficiently stocked. Ensure the store is in world class condition before opening.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours, manpower
fun workplace
Part-time Worker (Former Employee) –  Cotton on, BedokJanuary 28, 2019
the workers there were friendly to me, i learnt how to manage customers and the crowds especially in the fitting room area. although it was difficult for me from the start i still manage in the end.
Memorable Experience
Management Trainee (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 11, 2018
Overall it was a memorable experience. Got to experience first hand experience of how a world renounce retail firm is being run. From back end all the way to the front end sales floor.

Able to experience all the pro's and con's. Flaws of how a business may shift to a wrong direction with the slightest most innocent "mistakes".
Pros
learning how a retail firm is being run.
Cons
lack of leadership
A fun workplace with endless opportunities
Part Time sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 11, 2018
Cotton on focuses on creating a fun, loving and positive working environment while aiming to create global footprints. This company has taught me a lot about workplace culture and team work. They have created the perfect work life balance for a lot of their young employees, like myself, who struggle between work and university.
Pros
several employee benefits, well paid job.
Cons
Fun and fast paced retail company.
Sales Associate (Part-Timer) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 20, 2018
Management is okay. The staff benefits are what really attracted people to work here. The culture is mostly fun and positive, also depends on your store manager actually. Sometimes must compete for shifts and working hours as there's too many part-timers
Pros
Staff benefits.
Cons
Slow career progression
Best working environment.
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KallangAugust 30, 2018
The environment and working experience are memorable. Able to communicate with colleagues and subordinates/ management easily as mostly are open minded and willing to help. No issues or difficulties faced.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Nil
Warm welcoming working environment.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  bedok mallAugust 30, 2018
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Always receive short working hours.
A casual environment but with caution
Retail Assistant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  clementi mallJune 24, 2018
My experience there was fairly okay. However, doing the actual paperwork really needs a lot of getting used to. It is also a job that requires a lot of number thinking. So if you are a person that is slow in numbers, practice a lot. ( TAKING DOWN NOTES IS A MUST!)

The casual environment is good, however with caution, as some arear managers are strict and have high expectations of how things should be done.

Also if you are a person who makes a lot of mistakes and is a bit slow in numbers gets ready to be picked on (Depending on how your store manager handle things).
Pros
The casual environment
Cons
High standard of SOP
Flexible Work Environment
Senior Retail Associate (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 11, 2018
i've been working with this company for over 5 years as a part-time retail associate while pursuing my diploma to then degree. Fortunately, i have a great store management. Easy-going crowd to work with.
Pros
Staff discounts, Flexible Hours
Cons
None.
Working at The Cotton On Group is basically flexible and Vibrant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  JemApril 29, 2018
Working at The Cotton On Group is basically fun and joyful environment. Its more of a teamwork daily achievements with each an everyone contributing to the daily sales target, the condition of the store. Based on my experience, working at The Cotton On Group makes me feel like coming to home instead of going to work . My colleagues are like a family to me.
Pros
on time on target and easy to meet daily sales target
Cons
workload may not be the least
Productive and Fun workplace
Part - Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marine ParadeApril 11, 2018
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that really productive. We really have a teamwork. We helped each other in workplace as well as outside of work.

- Time management over Cotton On is really flexible.
Pros
Shift Works
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  JemApril 5, 2018
The job is a fast paced environment, lots of customers coming in and out all the time. Lots of thing to do requires time to adapt to. Overall a good environment.
Pros
1 hour break, choose your working hours
Cons
Sometimes need to work more than you request
Productive and Fun Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ang Mo KioMarch 4, 2018
People there are friendly and the manager when i was working there was super fun and understanding .. songs were played when we work greeting customers ..
Pros
Learn a lot of things
Cons
Rude customers
Fast pace
Ø Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dhoby GhautFebruary 13, 2018
I have met a few friendly colleagues, but i was being put in different outlets to help around. i fixed my own available shift timing since i am doing part time and wait for it to be approve by the management.
Pros
great employee's discount items.
Cons
Need to cover colleague at the last minute
It was fun, flexible and understanding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  MytownJanuary 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there, I wouldnt want to quit but for reasons I need to finish my study but If I have a chance to work with them again I would. out if all retail companies they gave the best benefit
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cotton On Group Reviews by Location