Swissotel Employee Reviews

normal working environment
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarke QuayApril 20, 2017
Fun and good place to work at. Staffs are all very welcoming and warm. Most customer are nice and friendly. Food are provided but pay is not high. Shift work
Pros
free meals
Cons
low pay
Fun environtment
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  City HallApril 16, 2017
Handling guest enquiries and learn to use the ECG machine for payment. Allocated at different locations to try-out to understand the operations of the hotel.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Shift work
Good learning environment
Assistant Manager, Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  City HallFebruary 28, 2017
This organisation allows an individual to develop excellent skills.Almost 3 years at this organisation, I have learnt a lot and would definitely want to further my career.
Hoteliers Start up
Concierge (Current Employee) –  City HallJanuary 4, 2017
its a good stepping stone for any people who would love to be in the hospitality industry. Learning the ropes is the best thing of the job.
Pros
Good place for networking
Cons
Not family orientated
interesting and fun workplace
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  RafflesJune 12, 2016
i have learned to communicate well with my colleagues , able to work as a team . Everyday at work was tiring but fun, my colleagues are fun to work with . The enjoyable part is i get to work as a team
Pros
lunch breaks
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 29, 2016
A good leader deserves to be respected by his/her staff. I experienced a good leader in this company that's why I've learned the proper way of handling different kinds of people and how to value guests.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
The place that you can meet international co-workers.
Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 28, 2016
They have group training for all the staffs.
You can learn about multi-cultural.
The colleagues are good and have help each other.
Pros
free meals for each shift.
Great people to work with!
Housekeeping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 11, 2016
Definitely a place to be if you would like to bond with people, made great friends. Secretarial and administrative jobs. Fostering great relationship with people around me.
Pros
Free Meals
the best place i work so far
Senior Bartender (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 1, 2015
always busy at this hotel club.
learned about being more attentive, because all the guest are hi-end guest and also in busy bar you need to be always focus.
my co-workers are all working professionals who know how to handle guest properly
Management is amazing.
We always hit the target with flying colors.
A friendly environment
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  rafflesSeptember 25, 2015
A nice and homely environment. My colleagues are very friendly and we always worked well in teams. A great place to get experience
Pros
Na
Cons
Shift Hours
Great job culture
Assistant HR Executive (Former Employee) –  Clarke QuayAugust 3, 2015
Going to work is as though working with your family. Everyone knows you, you know everyone. There is never monday blues when you are working there.
Tough and typically busy but an enjoyable place to work with.
Doorman (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 29, 2015
Swissotel the Stamford is located at the center of the city of Singapore. One the tallest five star hotel. The hotel has 1,261 guest rooms and luxurious suites,15 restaurants, bars and disco located on the top of the hotel. As a doorman, it's a tough and challenging job since the hotel has an access entrance to the shopping mall and entertainment district. I enjoyed meeting different types of guests. The hardest or difficult part was during rainy and peak hours because of events and holidays but I was able to handle the situations by keeping my patience and with the support of my superior and colleagues. The happy part of my job was whenever I have done my task well and satisfactions of the guests. As a Doorman or Bellman we are the first and last impression of the hotel. Should always keep the smile and professional image. In this position I gained more knowledge and enhances self confidence.
Pros
free meals, uniforms and shoes, insurance, medical, transpotations, 13th month pay
Productive and interesting workplace
Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00January 20, 2015
Here I learned all of my basic knowledge in Food and beverage service as a fast pace restaurant the cafe was a nice training ground for me all the basic courtesy and procedures for service was taught to us.
working here was a very nice experience.
Unproductive
Assistant Manager/Duty Manager, Reception (Current Employee) –  City HallDecember 4, 2014
Old method and unproductive system. Too many long loyalty colleague that have work very long with the company and unwilling to leave. Slow career advancement. fast employment turnover, long hours and unbalance of work life balance. Fast Pace work environment.
Pros
Destination rate worldwide
Greta learning place and happy enviourment
Concierge and Bellman (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00April 22, 2014
My first day at the job was great for me that I started my internship and moreover i have learned a lot from this place with the guidance of my seniors. The management was fully managed their employees .well the hardest part of the job was working in night shift first time in my life and the most enjoyable part was near around chines new year because we did a lot off fun out their
this is a best hotel
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00March 30, 2014
here they teach me everything, like hotel operation, food and beverage, and then rooms management and also in kitchen and bar operation
we have free spa and free buffet every month good for 2
Fine Dinning Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00March 6, 2014
Attend to multiple customers by sitting them down,take detailed order from the customers,send the orders to table.

i learned service comes first,

talking to rude people but still u need to be patience and give as much possible the good service.
Pros
free buffet every month for 2
Fun workplace
Part- time server in Private dining room (Former Employee) –  city hallFebruary 28, 2014
Perform good customer service, adapt to different kind of events as there are different roles to play.
It's a nice work place we change our menu by seasonal and by special day or events
Commis 1 (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 18, 2014
In this restaurant we do at least 70 to 110 covers a day. I can't say that this is fine dining. Maybe semi fine dining because we can't handle 100+ pax in 4 hours of service specially the man power is not enough. I enjoy my job if the mis en place and especially the service is very smooth considering doing a lot of covers. Co-workers are all Asain but my chef is British. Speed, timing, technique, communication that's what we do.