StarHub Employee Reviews

customer retention
Customer Retention Officer (Former Employee) –  Tai SengSeptember 28, 2017
Nice place to work at. provided to enjoy interacting with customers over the phone. at times working here can be tough, as there are nasty customers that demand freebie.
Pros
nice and helpful colleagues
Cons
irregular hours
Can be more fun
Segment Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tai SengSeptember 3, 2017
Focusing on SMB, a day at work can be quite fun with own department colleagues, doing marketing programs targeting at the masses.

But there is lacking cooperation with the inter-departments which is quite a pity
Pros
subsidized mobile bills
Cons
inter-department are not very cooperative
Conducive working environment
Finance Executive - Credit control (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2017
Conducive working environment. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. Able to achieve a balanced work life here.
Job scope is manageable and the office is within walking distance to mrt. Its very convenient.
Customer and sales oriented culture
Telemarketing Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2017
In star hub it was always about hitting the target for the day for sales. I had to always ensure that I speak well and explain all details of the promotions.

The hardest part of the job would be hitting weekly sales target there are time we do hit the target and we go through a series of lectures and team building exercises.
Pros
free titbits and Gym
Cons
very Stressful working environment
A cold industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 7, 2017
Like typical sales roles, you must be prepared to endure harsh criticism and customers' complaints. In an environment where every man is for himself, you must learn to advance on your own because time is too precious for others to be assisting you.
Colourful Staffs and Customer alike
1-Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Town AreaJune 19, 2017
Managing day to day operation of the shop from staffs issue/customers/rostering/ad hoc

I find satisfaction in learning how to build the business in line with the company vision and values. And I am constantly on the floor gaining feedback and maintaining visibility on the selling floor to answer customer’s questions and support selling for my staffs. Also I am heavily involved with the staff’s welfare from development training, roster planning, recruitment and appraisal.

Wonderful collegues are the most enjoyable part of the job as well as being involved with the day to day dynamic ever changing promotions.

Hardest part of the job is the empowerment given to manage very very very disputive customers.
Pros
Dynamic working environment
Cons
Disputiuve Customers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong PagarFebruary 12, 2017
You will be compensated based on how hard you perform. Hard work means more dollars for your pocket. However, if everyone seems like hitting the target set, they will increase it again.
fun and friendly working staff
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ubi aveSeptember 29, 2016
Hi, i have been working in StarHub for almost 17 years since I graduate from my studies.
I enjoys working there and my hardest part is to leave StarHub , as I have a group of friendly friend and working environment. and I enjoys everyday going to work.
Pros
nice working enviroment
Cons
salary too low
Very good working environment
Software Test Engineer, test analyst (Current Employee) –  UbiSeptember 21, 2016
You can see the initiative and creative things everywhere, name of meeting room, design the walls, open desk ... That will make you have more energy to work to enjoy the work.
Pros
Small party to celebrate birthday monthly
Proactive and Fun Workplace
Senior Customer Relationship Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tai SengJuly 5, 2016
- Work and play hard as there are activities lined up for us
- Learned to adapt to multi-tasking and fast paced environment
- Exposed to all types of customers
- Provide customers with a good customer service experience
Exciting work place
IS Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  67 Ubi Ave 1June 29, 2016
A routine day to day work, monitoring and troubleshooting issues and projects to run with specific date lines. Working with a good pool of cooperative team. Good team work. The most challenging task is to meet the user expectation. Where high expectation is the main concerned. The most enjoyable is the successfully closure of one task or project that shows a job satisfaction where your challenges finally meet with success in the end.
Cons
long working hours
Full control of the job
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  MaphersonMay 15, 2016
Daily task is the handle the emails from customer and internal department enquiring the order status. The main role is to find out the status and chase the vendor for update. Hardest part is to get the order moving which is beyond control at times. Most fun is that the job is easily adapted after few months.
Pros
Independant
Cons
Need to answer to internal customers for delay.
Productive / objective
Business Operation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ubi Avenue 1March 15, 2016
It is very different from my previous job. It is actually more family oriented company. It is very supportive of its employees from the welfare management, benefits and also the workscope assigned.

Each staff is well managed and work is objective and hence a win win situation for all parties.
One stop solution
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Town SingaporeMarch 6, 2016
It is great being able to offer services to customers and resolving their issues. Colleagues are always ready to lend a helping hand.
Must able to handle stress
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 4, 2016
Nice place to work. Not all are friendly or helpful tho.
Must able to learn fast as training provided is only very basic. Everyday is a learning process. Target to hit is the most stressful part as quality is as important as quantity. So much product and information to absorb. Average pay. Not worth the stress you brought home everyday.
Pros
Events, free buffet
Cons
Average pay not worth the stress. Target to hit each day.
Happy & Conducive environment
Senior Business Support Analyst (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  67 Ubi Ave 1 StarHub GreenDecember 27, 2015
Everyday is a learning day for me at StarHub The environment is dynamic and ever changing. Co Workers are great to work with, the business units stakeholders I am supporting are professional and knowledgeable. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with third parties like vendors etc. Most enjoyable part of the job is that learning is non-stop and everyday I get to learn something about my work be it technical knowledge or skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Backend Provisioning (Former Employee) –  3 Tai Seng DriveNovember 10, 2015
Nice superiors who are patient in teaching, team members who are great to work with despite the long hours. Computers that we use are rather old however, making it a bit difficult in getting jobs done smoothly.
Pros
Attractive overtime pay
Cons
Shift Work
Productive & work life balance.
Application Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  UbiMay 7, 2015
The environment and colleagues are nice.
Work process can be completed in a mannerly and efficient way.
Learning opportunities available.
highly pressure
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tai Seng, S00March 14, 2015
- normal working environment
- face a lot of customer
- boring / less fun
- hardest part is when customer is scolding and do not want to talk to you .
- enjoy part will be when you talk with a really good customer.
full of challenge and fun,a lot of international customers
Sales (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 23, 2014
Provided a full range of services over mobile, internet and fixed platform

Service a lot of customers who come from different countries.
Pros
good team work