StarHub Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tai SengAugust 9, 2018
Became more proficient in Microsoft Words and Excel after joining the company. Colleagues are really friendly, a good working culture. The management there is quite ok.
Bad industry outlook
Employee (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 8, 2018
Bad industry outlook might mean poorer compensation in the short term.

Bad management with no clear direction.

Work life balance is ok. Within individual teams, people are nice.
StarHub has a very friendly work culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  UbiApril 8, 2018
With the advances in digital technology and the shift in consumption patterns, there are many opportunities for me to try new stuff, work with talented individuals and constantly come up with innovative ways to meet the business's objectives while still promoting the company's vision and values.
Gained me great work experience
operations consultant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 14, 2018
I joined starhub when the role i was hired for was so challenging that anyone who took up the role could not manage to hold on for more than a months time.

I took up the role when the backlogs for NGN commercial NGN connection hit very high where in the role required developing strategies from time to time to have the backlogs cleared. My role involved coordination with sale operations, service delivery, sales teams channel partners and many other bodies responsible to have the network connections completed.
Pros
exposure to work under very high pressure and fast paced environment
Cons
had no time to even lunch
company that provides good pay and room for development
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed my stay with the company for 3 years and have gained knowledge and skills in customer service and sales techniques.

From customer after sales and mobile, broadband & land line bundle re-contract.
1st contract job. No CPFs
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 18, 2018
I learn to set up and troubleshoot Starhub products at customers home, eg, set top boxes, modem and routers. It was fun and a good experience to be meeting the customers and sometimes i get tips.
customer retention
Customer Retention Officer (Former Employee) –  Tai SengSeptember 28, 2017
Nice place to work at. provided to enjoy interacting with customers over the phone. at times working here can be tough, as there are nasty customers that demand freebie.
Pros
nice and helpful colleagues
Cons
irregular hours
Challenging and fulfulling
Senior Business Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  UbiSeptember 15, 2017
Work life is well balanced in StarHub, there are occassional early knock offs for employees to spend quality family time. Free TV channels for staff and free mobile line .
Can be more fun
Segment Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tai SengSeptember 3, 2017
Focusing on SMB, a day at work can be quite fun with own department colleagues, doing marketing programs targeting at the masses.

But there is lacking cooperation with the inter-departments which is quite a pity
Pros
subsidized mobile bills
Cons
inter-department are not very cooperative
Conducive working environment
Finance Executive - Credit control (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2017
Conducive working environment. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. Able to achieve a balanced work life here.
Job scope is manageable and the office is within walking distance to mrt. Its very convenient.
Customer and sales oriented culture
Telemarketing Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2017
In star hub it was always about hitting the target for the day for sales. I had to always ensure that I speak well and explain all details of the promotions.

The hardest part of the job would be hitting weekly sales target there are time we do hit the target and we go through a series of lectures and team building exercises.
Pros
free titbits and Gym
Cons
very Stressful working environment
A cold industry
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 7, 2017
Like typical sales roles, you must be prepared to endure harsh criticism and customers' complaints. In an environment where every man is for himself, you must learn to advance on your own because time is too precious for others to be assisting you.
Colourful Staffs and Customer alike
1-Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Town AreaJune 19, 2017
Managing day to day operation of the shop from staffs issue/customers/rostering/ad hoc

I find satisfaction in learning how to build the business in line with the company vision and values. And I am constantly on the floor gaining feedback and maintaining visibility on the selling floor to answer customer’s questions and support selling for my staffs. Also I am heavily involved with the staff’s welfare from development training, roster planning, recruitment and appraisal.

Wonderful collegues are the most enjoyable part of the job as well as being involved with the day to day dynamic ever changing promotions.

Hardest part of the job is the empowerment given to manage very very very disputive customers.
Pros
Dynamic working environment
Cons
Disputiuve Customers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong PagarFebruary 12, 2017
You will be compensated based on how hard you perform. Hard work means more dollars for your pocket. However, if everyone seems like hitting the target set, they will increase it again.
fun and friendly working staff
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ubi aveSeptember 29, 2016
Hi, i have been working in StarHub for almost 17 years since I graduate from my studies.
I enjoys working there and my hardest part is to leave StarHub , as I have a group of friendly friend and working environment. and I enjoys everyday going to work.
Pros
nice working enviroment
Cons
salary too low
Very good working environment
Software Test Engineer, test analyst (Current Employee) –  UbiSeptember 21, 2016
You can see the initiative and creative things everywhere, name of meeting room, design the walls, open desk ... That will make you have more energy to work to enjoy the work.
Pros
Small party to celebrate birthday monthly
Proactive and Fun Workplace
Senior Customer Relationship Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tai SengJuly 5, 2016
- Work and play hard as there are activities lined up for us
- Learned to adapt to multi-tasking and fast paced environment
- Exposed to all types of customers
- Provide customers with a good customer service experience
Exciting work place
IS Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  67 Ubi Ave 1June 29, 2016
A routine day to day work, monitoring and troubleshooting issues and projects to run with specific date lines. Working with a good pool of cooperative team. Good team work. The most challenging task is to meet the user expectation. Where high expectation is the main concerned. The most enjoyable is the successfully closure of one task or project that shows a job satisfaction where your challenges finally meet with success in the end.
Cons
long working hours
High Salary
Consumer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 31, 2016
This is the company which paid me well. In exchange of bringing more business thru sales.

Long hours of working and shifting off is difficult and sometimes no time to rest well.
Full control of the job
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  MaphersonMay 15, 2016
Daily task is the handle the emails from customer and internal department enquiring the order status. The main role is to find out the status and chase the vendor for update. Hardest part is to get the order moving which is beyond control at times. Most fun is that the job is easily adapted after few months.
Pros
Independant
Cons
Need to answer to internal customers for delay.