Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 115 reviews matching the search See all 38,180 reviews
Na
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaSeptember 19, 2019
Fun, challenging at times
No time for interaction with other colleagues.
Unbalanced work lifestyle.

Stressful environment
Less communication between colleagues
Fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  singaporeSeptember 10, 2019
fun work place, good management, good mentors, able to give ideas, learnt to provide good customer service and also to listen to customers feedback, build relationships with regular customers
Fun workplace and team
Part time barista (Former Employee) –  WoodlSeptember 9, 2019
Working at Starbucks gave me a unique opportunity to be a barista. However, as Starbucks is a cafe, there is a lot of work to do, such as serving customers and cleaning up after them. Even though it is rewarding to finish a day of service, the work to pay ratio is not balanced as we do not get any pay increase regardless of working on public holidays or OT.
Pros
Staff meals, Transport fee
Cons
Long hours, sometimes understaffed
Fun
BARISTA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportAugust 27, 2019
Was a barista at Starbucks Singapore, Changi airport. This was on a part time basis. Worked there for close to 3 years. Left due to National Service commitments.
Fun Workplace with interest of individual growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 10, 2019
Growth and creativity on each partners are highly demostrated in the company. Able to learn skills by professional trainer that help to improve ourselves in managing people and customer to meet the company KPI. Overall it is one of the best company to work in term of benefit to the employee. The company culture is rich and policy from states build the passion on each indivdual, however there is a huge gap on the execution on the current selected leadership in the company.
Pros
Professional Training & Walfare of partners are taken care of
Cons
Reality Profit & Loss Vs Company mission statement
It’s a good working culture if you value fun among the people you work with
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportJuly 28, 2019
The people you work with will always be fun, the job is fun, time passes on too quick. However, the pay is too low to do it full time, the management takes care of your well being and would always want career advancements for yourself.
Pros
people, job culture, company culture
Cons
salary
Fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Choa Chu KangJuly 23, 2019
Fun and flexible job.
During peak hours, there will be crowds and I have learn how to cope with the stress during work and how to handle customers as well as interpersonal skills.
Not a place to stay forever in
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 23, 2019
Not a job u want to retire in. They don't value long time partners. U leave and thats it. They treat u like your disposable and replaceable just like any corporation. If it wasn't for the people. I would have left earlier. These good people kept my sanity where it shud be. Glad I left.
People are very halpfull
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  IGI airportJuly 16, 2019
Starbucks is a great place to work like customer service and partner oriented company. Starbucks provide all types of benifit to the partner and customer comes first for it. It says customer is always right makes them happy. Thanks
Pros
3 beverages and 1 food
Cons
8 hours
Fun working place to work
Part Time Barista (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceJune 23, 2019
*I've learn how a coffee bean made from.Because different types of coffee beans, will came from different region.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is that the customer will say thank you because the customer appreciates your services.
Pros
Free meal and drinks
Very productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tanjong PagarJune 1, 2019
Starbucks is a excellent to jump start in the career world with good environmet, well balance work load and fast pace. They uphold tightly on their mission and vision to provide best experience for their customers and well as the employees
Pros
Employee meals given
Cons
Juggling of tasks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
It was a productive place to be in as it was a very busy place for sure there were opportunities to learn and grow at the same time as well as also learn the opportunities
Pros
Free drinks and food
Fun work at Starbucks
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
A typical day at work would be arranging the food display, checking stocks, checking mark-out dates, preparing coffee and ingredients, managing the cashier and orders.
I learnt how to handle food and the importance of hygiene (Starbucks let me go through a hygiene course), I had to study about the basics of coffee tasting and food pairing so I can recommend to customers if they ever ask for recommendations. I also learnt to do what I need to more effectively and the I learnt the importance behind time management. Workplace culture was great as my manager took care of me and my colleagues very well. All of us got along with each other. The hardest part of the job was actually leaving Starbucks due to school. And the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked together with.
Pros
Free food and drink item to claim per shift
Cons
Sometimes can be quite hectic during the peak hours, not suitable for people who cannot take high levels of stress
Different experience everyday
Barista (Current Employee) –  Holland VillageApril 16, 2019
busy environment yet mood of daily shift depends on coworkers. Relatively low waged job judging from the amount of work that is expected of us. Most suitable for students who wish to take up a flexible part-time job.
Pros
free coffee!!
Cons
underpaid
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 15, 2019
i learned many things like customer relationships,working in teams,handle the problem.the workplace culture is quite energetic.in my point of view the hardest part of the job is when some customer reacting on uneccessary things like they were upset with their life and they remove all the anger at their to control them at that situation is difficult.Most enjoyable thing is in this job is working with a team
Pros
free lunches
Fun Workplace
Barista (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  SentosaApril 13, 2019
- Take the customer's order
- Make the drink for the customer
- Clear the tables and arrange the tables and chairs
- Wash the dishes
- Mop and sweep the floor
- Coffee Tasting
I learned how to handle customers, stay calm even when there's a long queue. I learned how to make the drinks and how to do coffee tasting. I feel that the hardest part of the job is not panicking regardless of the situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Good first job for students!
Part-time Barista (Former Employee) –  CBDApril 1, 2019
Being a part-time starbucks barista was my first job out of secondary school. I recommend it as it's good for students who want a decent paying job that is fun and requires low commitment. Job schedule is very flexible and is dependant on when you're free to work. Overall, a great job!
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Cons
Pay is not the best
Positive culture
Barista (Former Employee) –  Bukit TimahMarch 28, 2019
Everyday is a new beginning for a great day.
I learned a lot and really helped me gain my confidence in everything i do that encourage me to give more effort to make achieve a perfect result.
The management are well manage.
All staff are very supportive to each other.
I took the challenges that I faced before as a learning process.
Pros
Great incentive
Cons
Travelling from Malaysia
fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  City HallMarch 17, 2019
fun workplace/partners
customers are normally rude
fastpaced working environment
tiring
long hours of standing
requires a lot of energy
learnt how to do latte art
Fun and Enthusiastic workplace
PART-TIME BARISTA (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 15, 2019
Working in the town area can be hectic. The team of employees at Paragon Outlet often work hard together to hit the sales target. Overall, a driven team of people which made it an enjoyable workplace. Often, we also make good connections with customers from different race/religion/countries through a cup of coffee!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.2K