Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 122 reviews matching the search See all 39,740 reviews
Productive and fast-paced
CAFÉ BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeNovember 30, 2019
A typical day at work would start with me clearing tables and rubbish at the front of the house followed by wiping down the glass doors then proceeding inside to start taking and making orders. The most enjoyable part would be interacting with regular customers.
Pros and cons to it.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  HougangNovember 4, 2019
It was a fun and productive workplace. Ample learning opportunities. However, the stores that you are posted to can destroy you physically and mentally.
Good
Barista (Current Employee) –  AirportNovember 1, 2019
Good excellent nice atmosphere good team nice customer everyone nice with you good wages funny colleagues good culture management nice get benefits all good
Fun workplace but low pay
Part-time Barista (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 27, 2019
Pros:
Fun relaxing place to work with your friends.
Best to work as part-time
Lots of outing and creative competition

Cons:
Low pay (even though you work as a barista, but you have to do everything in store such as cleaning counting stocks, so pay is too low for all the great efforts)
BARISTA /CASHIER (Former Employee) –  airportOctober 27, 2019
I really enjoy working there; making the different drinks for customers and making them happy and just learning new things there helped me a lot. very busy place
A good first-job
Part-Time Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 21, 2019
Starbucks is a place where you can really learn a lot about the service industry while having fun on shift. I highly recommend the company for students looking for a part-time and also for a lengthy full-time career, as advancement is slow but sure.
Fun working environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 29, 2019
I was given the chance to learn more about coffee during my time in Starbucks and was awarded the black apron, given the title of a coffee master. I had a lot of fun working here.
Na
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaSeptember 19, 2019
Fun, challenging at times
No time for interaction with other colleagues.
Unbalanced work lifestyle.

Stressful environment
Less communication between colleagues
Fun work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  singaporeSeptember 10, 2019
fun work place, good management, good mentors, able to give ideas, learnt to provide good customer service and also to listen to customers feedback, build relationships with regular customers
Fun workplace and team
Part time barista (Former Employee) –  WoodlSeptember 9, 2019
Working at Starbucks gave me a unique opportunity to be a barista. However, as Starbucks is a cafe, there is a lot of work to do, such as serving customers and cleaning up after them. Even though it is rewarding to finish a day of service, the work to pay ratio is not balanced as we do not get any pay increase regardless of working on public holidays or OT.
Pros
Staff meals, Transport fee
Cons
Long hours, sometimes understaffed
Fun
BARISTA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportAugust 27, 2019
Was a barista at Starbucks Singapore, Changi airport. This was on a part time basis. Worked there for close to 3 years. Left due to National Service commitments.
Fun Workplace with interest of individual growth
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 10, 2019
Growth and creativity on each partners are highly demostrated in the company. Able to learn skills by professional trainer that help to improve ourselves in managing people and customer to meet the company KPI. Overall it is one of the best company to work in term of benefit to the employee. The company culture is rich and policy from states build the passion on each indivdual, however there is a huge gap on the execution on the current selected leadership in the company.
Pros
Professional Training & Walfare of partners are taken care of
Cons
Reality Profit & Loss Vs Company mission statement
It’s a good working culture if you value fun among the people you work with
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportJuly 28, 2019
The people you work with will always be fun, the job is fun, time passes on too quick. However, the pay is too low to do it full time, the management takes care of your well being and would always want career advancements for yourself.
Pros
people, job culture, company culture
Cons
salary
Fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Choa Chu KangJuly 23, 2019
Fun and flexible job.
During peak hours, there will be crowds and I have learn how to cope with the stress during work and how to handle customers as well as interpersonal skills.
Not a place to stay forever in
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 23, 2019
Not a job u want to retire in. They don't value long time partners. U leave and thats it. They treat u like your disposable and replaceable just like any corporation. If it wasn't for the people. I would have left earlier. These good people kept my sanity where it shud be. Glad I left.
People are very halpfull
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  IGI airportJuly 16, 2019
Starbucks is a great place to work like customer service and partner oriented company. Starbucks provide all types of benifit to the partner and customer comes first for it. It says customer is always right makes them happy. Thanks
Pros
3 beverages and 1 food
Cons
8 hours
Fun working place to work
Part Time Barista (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceJune 23, 2019
*I've learn how a coffee bean made from.Because different types of coffee beans, will came from different region.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is that the customer will say thank you because the customer appreciates your services.
Pros
Free meal and drinks
Very productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tanjong PagarJune 1, 2019
Starbucks is a excellent to jump start in the career world with good environmet, well balance work load and fast pace. They uphold tightly on their mission and vision to provide best experience for their customers and well as the employees
Pros
Employee meals given
Cons
Juggling of tasks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
It was a productive place to be in as it was a very busy place for sure there were opportunities to learn and grow at the same time as well as also learn the opportunities
Pros
Free drinks and food
Fun work at Starbucks
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 30, 2019
A typical day at work would be arranging the food display, checking stocks, checking mark-out dates, preparing coffee and ingredients, managing the cashier and orders.
I learnt how to handle food and the importance of hygiene (Starbucks let me go through a hygiene course), I had to study about the basics of coffee tasting and food pairing so I can recommend to customers if they ever ask for recommendations. I also learnt to do what I need to more effectively and the I learnt the importance behind time management. Workplace culture was great as my manager took care of me and my colleagues very well. All of us got along with each other. The hardest part of the job was actually leaving Starbucks due to school. And the most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked together with.
Pros
Free food and drink item to claim per shift
Cons
Sometimes can be quite hectic during the peak hours, not suitable for people who cannot take high levels of stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.7K