Stanford University Employee Review

View all Stanford University reviews

Excellent working environment
Finance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CADecember 5, 2017
Everyone is proud to work at Stanford University. People with diversified culture background and different religions, treat each other with respect. Tremendous career advancement opportunities.

Other Stanford University Employee Reviews

Good and not-so-good
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAOctober 16, 2018
Overall Stanford is a decent place to work, depending on what you want in a job/career. As with most companies, the department where you work, and whom you work with, are key factors. My most recent position at Stanford was in a small office that was part of a bigger department. Other than meetings, I felt isolated. My manager was fine in terms of having an open-door policy and being easy to talk to, but I concluded that I wouldn't get a chance to learn anything beyond what I had been doing. There is definitely a lot of "office politics" in certain departments. The campus itself is stunning; I never got tired of seeing it. If you want to work with the latest technology, however, Stanford is probably not the place for you. The bureaucracy can be frustrating; things that seem relatively easy to accomplish take longer than they should.
Pros
Free CalTrain pass, 403(B) plan
Cons
Health insurance is kind of expensive
This is not a review
CNS Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2018
I am typing because some fool at Indeed though it would be a good idea to make this a requirement. Well, if you are doing to think that irrationally, here you do.