Stanford University Employee Reviews for Administrative Associate

Excellent place to work
Clerkship Coordinator/ Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 12, 2017
Stanford University is an excellent prlace to work. I learned a lot and was promoted to an position with more responsibility during my time there. I had a great time working with students, staff and faculty.
Pros
Learning opportunites & advancement opportunites
Cons
Laid-off
Arrogant People Work Here
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 23, 2017
Stanford overall is a great place to work because of good benefits, but you have to get in with the right group/team, otherwise you'll be miserable, as there are a lot of pretentious people working here. Seems as if they all were born with a bottle of grey poupon in one hand and a gold spoon in the other.
Pros
great benefits, free classes
Cons
Poor management
Fun work environment.
Administrative Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAFebruary 17, 2017
I really enjoyed working on campus because you were able to be involved with alot of the new futuristic ideas that were evolving in the silicon valley.
Great job stability, paycheck and benefits. Not so great for growth in career.
Administrative Associate III (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Overall, Stanford is a great place to work as far as stability and a steady paycheck, not to mention the wonderful benefits the University offers to staff. From experience in two positions at Stanford, growth and advancement was not offered to me in two different departments. Speaking with others throughout campus, it appears that this is somewhat accepted as the 'culture' for certain positions at Stanford.

My co-workers were all in all a great group of people. Most of them are close friends now.
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic work/life balance, steady paycheck
Cons
no room for advacement, growth is hard to come by
Executive Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  MENLO PARK CASeptember 22, 2016
Enjoyable envireoment. Learning room to grow in a comapny to suceed. Training provided. Productive. Enjoyable temporary job I had
The Stanford Community was amazing!
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 24, 2016
I can't recommend this University enough for potential job hunters. You can't beat their benefits and salaries when it comes to working in academia. The work culture was fantastic and truly loved being a part of the community.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Work/Life Balance
great place to work
administrative associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 12, 2015
great place to work but need to personally focus on grow and develop with in department not outside people.but overall a great people you work with.
Learning while being productive
Administrative Associate, Department of Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 11, 2015
My day in he Division of Pediatrics, Neonatology consist of provided administrative support to physicians and faculty members in Neonatal Division,handled all administrative tasks including travel arrangements, processing maintenance orders, and preparing and maintaining conference rooms for office-wide meetings and events.
Created, edited, and proofread documents ensuring accuracy, which included articles, invoices and presentations.Managed all office correspondence including answering phones, creating and maintaining filing systems, managing emails and office memos, and performing database entry. Managed financial and inventory control for the office, including monitoring office and lab supplies, and processing purchase orders and staff reimbursements. Arranged and set up meetings in the Lucille Packard and Stanford Hospitals. Stanford is a teaching school and in the Division of Neonatology there where different physicians working on different projects. For example, one of my doctors I supported (Dr. Vinny Bhutani) was working on a study with Jaundice at the time I had a new baby so a lot of the findings related to my new situation. I really enjoyed working for the 16 doctors I supported. The hardest part of this position was the constant change in office management. This was difficult because the new management did not understand the work I was doing or that the physician ask of me and I had to always explain.
Pros
Learning experience and great benefits
Cons
Change in Management
great work/life balance
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 14, 2014
depends on your department and supervisors, as always, but generally a great environment! get $$ for taking the bus/biking, many staff/university events, beautiful campus
Stable employment, nice place to work, management does not seem to support advancement.
Financial and Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 7, 2014
A great place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMarch 3, 2014
I enjoyed working here and learned a great deal while doing so.
Busy, exciting and upbeat.
Administrative Associate/Research Management Group (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Typical work day was very busy, as we where deadline driven.
Pros
Reputation of Stanford
Cons
Being off campus was a downside to working for the University.
loved my job
Admin. Assoc IV (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 3, 2013
life was good as long as you get your job done
made great friends and great benefits
loved to go to work everyday
Pros
everything
Cons
new boss who didn't know her job- had to train her
Wonderful culture and work ethics
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CANovember 7, 2012
Typihcal day at work invoived supporting 38 HVAC technicians as well as two other shops (as needed). Wondreful group to work for and with. Loved being the vein of the university and being able to provide and assist with servicing the university
Pros
a well renowned organization
Great place to work where you can advance your career, they value education and self improvement
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAAugust 17, 2012
Amazing, you can take classes on campus that benefit your career so you can move up and get into a new/higher position.

All employees were good to work with, compatible. We had weekly meetings within our team to keep communication open and know what others were up to and expectations.
Pros
great benefits!