Stanford University Employee Reviews

Top university in the world for EE, CS, and many others
Research Associate, Electrical Engineering (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 8, 2017
I was a research associate at the Center for Radar Astronomy (now STAR Labs), it was the highlight of my research life. Stanford's environment and the school's administration is second to none.
Pros
Best university culture in the world
Cons
Hard to get faculty position
Great place to work!
Administrative Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 5, 2017
Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management, Job Culture were all excellent.

I recommend working at Stanford to anybody, no matter what your skill set or experience level.
Nice place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 3, 2017
Stanford University School of Medicine is a nice place to work, however, pay increases are difficult to come by. Hard work, extra effort are difficulty for the institution to reward.
Pros
beautiful
Cons
tight with money
Zone Engineer - Facility Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 2, 2017
No complains. Friendly, Silicon valley environment, fast paced, with excellent benefits program. My team was always supportive, they care for the mission of the Institution.
Work in acedemia that is rewarding and challenging
Desktop Support Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 30, 2017
Open door policy
Tasks are learly defined
team meetings to discuss pressing issues
Work on customer (Stanford community) issue.
Working with latest desktop technologies
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 25, 2017
During the two summers that I worked at Stanford University I spent my time putting data into an excel spreadsheet for documenting and studying coral samples and seeing how EL Nino patterns affected them. The grad students and professors there were great and I learned a lot about geology as well.
Pros
Experience
Great entry level job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 23, 2017
Stanford was a great place to work. The only reason I left was that Stanford can not compete with the salary's biotech offers. As far a science, the benefit to working here is doing cutting edge work.
3D Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 20, 2017
Felt right at home here. Only left to be closer to family on the East coast. Lots of perks. Able to take the train to work instead of driving in CA traffic!
Great Workplace!
Men's Basketball Intern (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CA 94305May 13, 2017
Great workplace!

Easy to show up to work and perform to your highest potential. Friendly staff who are encouraging and helpful. Best athletic department in the country!
Great Place To Start Your Career
Associate Director of Major Gifts (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 10, 2017
I had a very good experience at Stanford, working there 13 years and starting in events management before moving into a role as a development officer (fundraising).
Pros
beautiful campus, very strong benefits, 401K match, ability to monitor some classes, work-life balance
Cons
pay scale is lower relative to similar work in for-profit Silicon Valley

Want to know more about Stanford University?

Ask a question
temporary workers
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAMay 8, 2017
Nice, relaxed atmosphere with good benefits.
A bit behind with technology
Very insular. Hiring is done from within
Excellent workplace setting and campus
A day in a life at Stanford Health Care
Clinical Application Analyst Sr (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 8, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers and especially my managers. I have the opportunity to work on innovating healthcare technologies. The physicians and support staff is passionate in their work and they strive to increase productivity and provide favorable results when treating the patients.
My research work was enjoyable
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 4, 2017
Nice place to work. Enjoyable part was my research work. Hardest part was that there was little opportunity and support to progress and start independent research carrier.
Great Company to Work For
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 1, 2017
Working independently for Stanford given all the support needed to get job done and progress nicely in my career. Highly recommend working for this University.
Terrible workplace
Director of Curriculum Design and Development (Current Employee) –  SchoolApril 26, 2017
Professors are terrible managers, leaders of supervisors. Their ego is greater than the vision they may potentially have for whatever projects they are doing. Their main aim is to use your labor as a resource to increase their fame, NOT TO HELP YOU GROW. in fact, because they feel threatened by your youth, talents, creativity and curiosity, they must push you down, so they can remain on top. I DO NOT recommend anyone with a degree of self-worth and thirst for their future to work for a famous professor at Stanford research facilities.
Pros
401K is generous
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE - The commute, the lack of parking space, the cost to park, the work environment, the red tape, the politics, their ego.
Flexible and Productive place
Systems Administrator Intern (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 25, 2017
I learnt a lot while working at Stanford. My manager and my mentors were very helpful people. It is a very friendly environment. I always got most of the help I needed to finish any given task from my mentors or my team's documentation. I resolved a considerable number of tickets and that helped me learn how to monitor the systems my team owned.
Pros
Bagel Tuesdays, beautiful campus
An exquisite experience in tech
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  naApril 25, 2017
In this environment you will be exposed to a range of amazing talents from various fields. From mechanical engineers to molecular biology to project management, you will be able to articulate your talent to some of the most important research body of America. Take the time to discover your environment and you will be rewarded with the latest technologies built in the Silicon Valley.
Pros
Amazing campus
Cons
not for profit
Stanford is a marvelous environment to work; dormitories are energetic environments in which to live and interact with students
Educator/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 24, 2017
Resident fellow program provided housing benefit to professors and spouses at Stanford University in exchange for dormitory services
Resident fellows selected and supervised student resident assistants
Resident fellows planned programs for students and worked closely with resident assistants
Pros
Resident fellow program provided housing to faculty and spouses in a very expensive community
Cons
Resident fellow program required 24 hour a day availability
Great Environment to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 24, 2017
Good work balance and great benefit. Depending on management the culture can be good or bad. Employees tend to stay at Stanford for a long time. Thanks
Pros
Good work balance and great benefits
Cons
Pay is lower than industry
Loved work temp at Stanford
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAApril 21, 2017
I was a temporary Office Assistant at Stanford. Loved working there, Love the campus! my ratings we just ok only because of the Staffing Agency/Office Team who sent me out there. Their pay is low. But Stanford is great.
Pros
Great campus, relaxed and happy employees
Cons
no cons, all good