Stanford University Employee Reviews

Stanford
Lead Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 30, 2018
Working for Stanford is a great opportunity I wish everyone could get a chance to be a part of. The environment is inspiring and the people I am surrounded by are some of the most educationally advanced in their fields. The only thing I found to be frustrating at times was the culture of the silicon valley which tends to be very work- focused and not so much life balance focused.
Pros
Full benefit coverage, caring management, strong relationships
Cons
commute traffic with little commuter benefits/ no public transportation benefits, no company perks
exellent
SYSTEMS ANALYST, DEPT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAJuly 25, 2018
Best place in the world to work. Worked with the best people and was able to keep up with the technology. Most enjoyable part of the job was going to work each day
Great place
BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 24, 2018
fantastic opportunity to exhibit my data visualization skills. All were open for recommendations People easy to get along with. Pay as great. great contract.
Pros
remote
Cons
too far to visit
Filled with smart, motivated people
Ph.D. Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 23, 2018
Generally a good place to work. The Biochemistry Department is a close-knit group where constructive criticism is the norm. While it can be harsh at times, it is all for the best.
Volunteering
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 19, 2018
Lots of interesting complex work, creating code for projects.

Friendly, busy culture, with lots going on.

Hardest part of the job: dealing with new, difficult to understand concepts.
Working
Tech Operations (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 19, 2018
During my time, I would run various positions trying to learn all that I can. The producers were on top of everything going on and would continue to set the expectation high of what was to be done. This would be both a positive and a negative. Negatively only if you are new to the position in which case, you need to learn quick in order to stay in the loop.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low chance of promotion
Competitive environment, extraordinary opportunities
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CAJuly 18, 2018
While the culture at Stanford is highly competitive and can tend towards entitlement (especially among the undergraduates), the opportunities afforded by Stanford to reach beyond your immediate field and build interdisciplinary networks is unrivaled.
Stanford
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 17, 2018
I was at Stanford for 1 year at SLAC unit. I found that I did not have the work life balance I needed. The pay was low to average.
However, the benefits were good.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Contribution to research and teaching that makes a difference
Business Manager/Senior Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 16, 2018
Stanford University and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory are amazing environments and I know I contribute to research and teaching that solve world problems. The other staff are intelligent, friendly and work well on teams.
Fun and Supportive Environment
Administrative Associate II (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJuly 13, 2018
Fun and supportive place to work. Not efficient with growth opportunities, depending on the department. Positive environment for longevity. Some policies and procedures are confusing as they seem to be open for interpretation. Loved my colleagues.
Pros
Group activites, Employee appreciation events, friendly staff, health coverage/benefits
Cons
professional mobility, compensation
Workplace Culture
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 11, 2018
A very collaborative, innovative, and congenial environment! This is a fantastic place to work, and I highly recommend the Stanford family to those seeking a stimulating environment.
Great place to work!
Administrative Associate II (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJuly 11, 2018
A great place to work where excellent benefits are provided. Friendly, helpful co-workers. Positive environment. They are also very caring and helpful when it comes to the BeWell program.
Pros
Daycare grants, BeWell program, Incentives, transportation for commuters, work from home
Cons
Busy, stressful days
Competetive salaries and lot's of opportunity
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 25, 2018
Good benefits and ability to move around within the organization. The problem is that the hospital is trying to do more with less and has cut their staffing in all units leading to unsafe working situations at times. Overall a good place to work if you can afford the cost of living in the bay area.
Events Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 18, 2018
Stanford is a great place to work and room for advancement. They also offer school tuition and health benefits. There is a lot of room for advancement and various jobs available.
Pros
Full-time, family oriented, health benefits
Cons
Too far if living in the central valley
Highly recommend!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 15, 2018
Excellent place to learn, collaborate and make friendship. Biomedical science at Stanford is one of the best world wide. I do not think you will find a bigger green campus elsewhere. Highly recommend!
Great Productive and friendly enviornment
Academic Admin Associate III (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 14, 2018
Stanford is a wonderful company to work for. It is a huge organization with great benefits and perks. The commute is rough if you live in the North side, but the people and environment are awesome! Lots of resources for growth.
Pros
free stanford gym if you a university employee
Cons
does not allow telecomute
With two different positions
Clinical Research Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 11, 2018
The best at Stanford is the ability to work and meet amazing people. The worst is the politics that can decrease the efficiency of potential growth.
I really enjoyed being able to take classes and working with people that taught me new things.
Stanford Is Family Oriented
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stanford, CaJune 10, 2018
Working at Stanford allowed for growth as well as family time. They strive to allow their employees a balance of family and employment which I think is unique in the Bay Area. Friendships and collaboration are vital parts to the University's vision.
Pros
Upward Mobility, Diversity, Culture
Cons
Bay Area Commute
Events
Part-Time Safety Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 6, 2018
Working at Stanford was very rewarding on most days. The cultural is very diverse. The management needs improvement.
The hardest part of the job was standing on your feet all day.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
The clicks in the departments
A great place to work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Stanford, CAJune 3, 2018
I loved my job as a Groundskeeper At Stanford. Great people, A management team that genuinely tried to make things better for everyone.
If they paid better i never would have left.