ST Electronics Employee Reviews

Team Work
IT Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChangiFebruary 2, 2016
Nice Infrastructure, Good Team work, friendly co workers,under contract, Maintaining Data Center, Monitoring Tools, Troubleshooting
Re-start my career
System Administrator, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ang Mo KioNovember 17, 2015
I consider the company my ground for a new direction in my IT career, in particular, the technical stream.

The company's emphasis is on punctuality and a committed work ethics.Not to be considered as a training ground, at the same the plentiful of opportunities to sharpen your skills as well as learn new skills.

The management is very supportive of our initiative and efforts and takes the opportunity to empathize with us wherever possible.They will also support and tend to our needs to better our work environment wherever feasible.

My co-workers are a delight to work with and most of them are quite co-operative, since they are very busy professionals.

The most challenging part of the job is dealing with the project team that does not understand operations requirement.

The best part of job is the new challenges I face everyday.
Pros
Culture although needs adjusting to is quite suitable for my lifestyle
Cons
Clarity and reward is lacking a bit
Fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Ang Mo Kio, S00November 17, 2015
A great experience working there and my co-worker are friendly. I learned to manage the team and the task given has help me to gain my confidence in taking a leadership role. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people as they make the workplace more enjoyable and support me to grow and develop into a person that I never knew I can be.
Pros
Knowledge gain
Team Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yio Chu KangNovember 9, 2015
Work place with understanding management but it develop with leadership skill and team work with amount of stress. Management with politics with LTA and contractors. Working with colleagues was the most enjoyable was to complete without any mistake and see the completed work done but sometimes things goes wrong making our life most headache and for hardest part was to complete work within the time line but each day facing variety of tasks make project more challenging but number of overtime make us without any daily life.
Pros
claim ot and transport
Cons
long and flexible hours
Average
Associate Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ang Mo KioOctober 29, 2015
The work place is really very busy and there is no time to even eat lunch. 24/7 we have something to do.This place is an average place to work. However, the management of this workplace is average as well. Not very good nor not very bad. However I have learned how to cope with ultimate stress in the work place as we are working with the Down town line train project ( C956) where we have to work with the Government , LTA and other contractors. It is really stressful as we need to work a lot of OT and works keeps piling up non-stop. I have to thank this work place as we have to face a lot of situation whereby we have to think at the very moment to come up with solutions and rectify problems immediately. I have become such a fast - thinker and multitask real well as there is no chance of thinking slowly in this place. The hardest part of this job is facing the LTA BOSS during the meeting for all contractors as she will shoot all the questions during the meeting and it's not easy to handle those questions. However can be managed. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you have successfully finish part of your project with your team and the joy of victory is the best. Also we have all the different kind of workers here as many of them are from different countries and different way of responding but i can get along with anyone and getting to know them is fun.
Pros
Learn a lot of skills
Cons
Super long hour
My co workers
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singapore, Changi Navel BaseOctober 15, 2015
They are driven and motivated in my work. they are very clear about what i own within the department. It would benefit the entire department if i paid more attention to the delivery and tone of some of their comments.Assigning a duty or responsibility sometimes comes across as a harshdirective instead of a transition of duties or responsibilities
Low Paid and multi-tasking
Admin Executive (Current Employee) –  Jurong EastSeptember 14, 2015
The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.

Enjoy and feel fulfilling jobs when i get to complete multitasking at the end..
Challenging
Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  SINGAPORE GOVERNMENTAugust 6, 2015
challenging
independent
time management
changing opinions about the project to co-workers
getting the target time to finish the project
the most enjoyable part is when then the project is successfully done.
Enterprise Level Projects abound
Senior Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  12 Ang Mo Kio St 65July 14, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to be involved in multi-million projects, plenty of opportunities to gain valuable experience.
Was under a Project Manager who is easily the nicest manager I have encountered in my past 7 years of working in the IT industry.
challenging and interesing places to work in
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  ang mo kioJuly 8, 2015
begins with interesting colleagues and a challenging and stable jobs having to do measurements and tuning of modules and assisting the engineers.
Pros
comapany benefits
Cons
lots of ot
Fun Workplace
Test Specialist (Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastJune 22, 2015
I Learn a lot of stuff in this company, I work with all the project manager with other site of the projects. I manage 1 project of MCN2. People are Nice and Co-workers too, Friendly environment, all are helpful to each other. The hardest part is to keep track of the project dates. The best part of the job is, you get to see people use the equipment that u set up with a smile face.
Pros
Free Transports
Cons
Long Hours
 Going ahead with facing new challenges.  Providing potentiality through working under pressure.  Providing service for humanity through innovati
i m elecironics engineer (Former Employee) –  anywhere in singaporeMay 2, 2015
Hardware Maintenance & Troubleshooting Abdullah Computer Center, Kotbari, comilla 7July-12Dec 2013 (06 month)
Computer Aplication And Graphics Design BangladeshTechnical,Education,Board. Dhaka January - June 2014 (06 month)
Basic Internship course And Factory Greenpower Electrical And Electronics Company .Hemayetpur A - June 2014 (06 month)
Too Far for me
IT Operations Specialist (Assistant Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  ChangiMarch 5, 2015
Managing day to day DC operations.
Job assigned done with no errors, that enjoyable part. Checking emails during day shift & attend to user requests,
Pros
Nice Manager
Cons
Too far distance from my place, too long hours..
Productive and very busy environment
Temp Site Project Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastFebruary 13, 2015
As it just a temp job from 8th Dec - 21st Jan 15 cannot really review
so much. Just a typical day at work same as other offices.
Work on project that is confidential.
Pros
Lunch timing not fixed - most enjoyable time
Cons
Busy for permanent staff have to work long hours for the project
A fruitful work experience
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  tanjong pagarJanuary 9, 2015
Just like any jobs there are bound to have things that I have learnt.

As a fresh entrant into the safety industry, I have learnt some things such as what is risk assessment and management, a very important part in the safety industry. Some other things are how to conduct an inspection, example is the safety lapses in the workplace.

The management is considered fairly organised other than some areas that may require minor improvements.

Co-workers are definitely very friendly and easy to work with and get along.

The hardest part of the job I would say is some people are difficult to handle.

Most enjoyable part will be to conduct site inspection with regards to safety
Hard work is not recongnised by HOD.
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ang Mo Kio Electronics Park RdNovember 10, 2014
Work Life balance is insufficient because work is more important than attending to my child or my wife who was not well. Too much of sarcastic and irrelevant remarks by HOD.
Pros
Good rapport with process teams who are willing to problem solve issues.
Cons
Information not passed down promptly and effectively.
Fast Paced and Productive
Senior Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  JurongSeptember 22, 2014
Good environment.
Very understanding colleagues and supervisors.
Good Management.
Part Time Job
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 5, 2014
Requires one to know the system well to operate.
High stress level
Challenging environment and culture
Project Manager/System Manager (Current Employee) –  Ang Mo KioJuly 29, 2014
As a Project Manager/System manager, the daily activity is to manage resources, interact with customer, motivate team member and review system design. Due to share resources matrix, it help me to learn to plan the resources more carefully under this environment. There are two levels of co-workers I interact with, the senior staff and young and fresh graduate colleague. Its a challenge to seek balance between this two level but it is also fun park to understand the gap in between and seek the neutral point.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Bad Work Life balance
Nil
Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  AMKJuly 13, 2014
Have to deal with daily challenges. Learn to be resourceful.