Singapore University of Technology and Design Employee Reviews

My review
Learning Systems Administrator, 6 months contract (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 24, 2017
JD is not a good description as to what was done. Not much of what's being described in JD's being assigned.

Asked for more jobs but none was given. If you want to earn free money, come join. There's no satisfaction to the job at all. Started with "fire" wanting to contribute but as time goes by, the "fire" within died partly because most of the colleagues fend for themselves instead of working as a team.
Pros
Flexible work hours to choose from.
Cons
Got to work till the specific time given before you can knock off. Slow paced.
productive
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChangiJuly 6, 2017
It is good place to learn. We can get lots of knowledge. We can get more experience from the university. And there many other opportunities. We can participate to many competitions.
Pros
Free wifi
Good working environment with supportive team and opportunities for career advancement
Senior Executive > Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 17, 2017
In my opinion, all working environment and culture is created by the people. As long everyone maintain a positive attitude and willingness to learn, the team is strong and bonded to overcome all challenges. So far in my career journey, I have been blessed with supportive boss and good team players. Everyday is learning and sharing. The higher the level, the bigger is the team, the more contribution is committed. Everyone do our part, everyone feels motivated to come to work.
Pros
Learning exposure and opportunities for career advancement
Best place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  iTrust cyber security labDecember 7, 2016
Best for research and work. Esp for cyber security, IoT, Cyber physical system and other domain as well. Nice colleagues as well. Overall it is young and innovative university for research and study.
Family like culture
Associate, Career Development Centre (Former Employee) –  Somapah RoadAugust 1, 2016
Spent 3 years working at SUTD and I must say I have learnt alot from this start up university. Taking over the temporary building at ITE Dover to the current campus at Somapah Road, I have seen the university grow from its humble beginnings to where it is now. Being in the education industry where you meet and engage with students on a daily basis, can be fun and exciting. You can expect to be involve in several events,at least for me, working in the Career Development Centre.

Organizing Career Fairs and seminars has been a great experience and I learnt skills such as time management, organisation and to multi-task.

Great colleagues-turned-friends.
Pros
Laidback working environment, colleagues are like family, good work life balance, benefits.
工作环境舒适
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 5, 2016
advantage: I learn how to work independently
disadvantage: I can not learn new knowledge or practical skills quickly
Unproductive workplace
Deputy Manager (Procurement) (Current Employee) –  ChangiNovember 21, 2015
Limited resources and limited opportunities for advancement. Location is inaccessible and not much staff benefits.
Pros
not much staff benefits
Cons
not applicable
Innovative
Researcher (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 24, 2015
Collaboration wit MIT,US. You can find latest innovation practicals by students. Fast growing university in singapore. Research and Innovation are very good here.
It is a place with open culture. It is easy to know people as the community is small
Director, Office of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Dover RoadFebruary 13, 2014
My work involves recuitment of students. I like to work with young people and I felt great heping them to make important decisions involving their lives and future.

As the Head of Department, I learnt about Managing a team, handling conflicts, soft skills and working with co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is getting enough resouces e.g. fundind and manpower to carry out the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing lives of young people being transformed through having a good education in the University.