Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews for Service Associate

Fun place to work
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  OutramAugust 19, 2019
As i worked in SGH in Transplant Ctr for 5 years, I im also crossed trained in different discipline such as
- Pre & PostTransplant
-Gastro clinic
-Liver transplant Clinic
Teamwork
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  OutramJanuary 6, 2019
Working together and respect each other is very important . Be understanding to staffs need is aslo important. Give and take as well as good health is also play and important part in our job
Pros
Understanding colleagues
Cons
Short of manpower
a day at work
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  clinicOctober 11, 2018
The day at work typically starts with earlybird patients, assisting doctors , counter management and cross deployment .Co workers here are the best you can as for-supportive and fun-loving.
Pros
good location, loveable colleagues
Cons
monthly wages
Fast paced environment
Patient Service Associate Executive (Former Employee) –  OutramDecember 23, 2017
Endless registration for outpatient emergency department as well as admissions to ward. With 3 shifts working for 7 years, I must have enough rest to work full charged for the next day.

I have learned to put myself in their shoes as they are not well. Especially for Non Resident of Foreign Residents, they maybe shocked for the admission charges are high.

Working in fast pace, with my strong teammates, we did our best to accomplished to clear the admissions.

Hardest part of the job is when the waiting time for admission can be more than 1hr. The NOK of patients are also tired, they have arrest the registration counter to expedite.

The most enjoyable part is having the team around as family. As team, we always have planned outing together on our off days.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Long waiting time for consultation or admissions
No comment
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bukit MerahNovember 15, 2017
Basically the SGH is very good and nice place to work. However I am not very satisfied with my management as I felt there is not an equal attention given to all the staff. There is some favours happening here. I need an happy working environment, however I failed to get it here in call centre.
Pros
no benefit
Cons
management problem
Its a healthcare environment but not a friendly place to work because we are unable to be sick
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  OutramJuly 9, 2017
I learn lots of nursing medical terms
The hardest thing about this job is you cannot fall sick even if you do then you are still expected to come. No welfare .
Pros
nil
Cons
no overtime pay only claim hours that are hard to claim
Fun place, friendly colleagues
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Orthopaedic clinicAugust 22, 2016
Working in sgh is overall a good experience.
Friendly colleagues, professional Doctors, fast paced work environment. Will be willing to contribute more.
fast paced working environment
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Outram RoadJune 20, 2016
Everyday is a busy day. A typical day at work can be very noisy and busy. We can assist about 500 patients on average.
I have learned that each and every patients has their own needs. Some can be of a nasty patients while others can be very understanding.
Sometimes, I feel that the hardest part of the job is following the doctor's speed. Not only I have to do the paper work but also change the paper sheet after every patient after each examination.
Lastly, I love the job because of my friends I meet. And some patients are nice and they put a smile on my face and so will I.
Pros
Some occasions, Doctors will give us a treat
Cons
Unfairness in deligating of workload.
Good Environment
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Specialist Outpatient ClinicDecember 28, 2014
5 days work in a week and one Saturday in a month.
Everyday is a learning process for me. I am the one and only PSA (Patient Service Associate) so I will go around or call help from other clinic staff if I encounter difficulties about the cashiering or updating patients details.
Pros
Free lunches at least once a month, 2.5 bonuses in a year exclude 13mth bonuses
Cons
Salary slightly low
Good working collegues
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00September 27, 2014
Team work importance.
good communication skill is important too.
jovial fun loving colleagues