Singapore General Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  OutramAugust 19, 2019
As i worked in SGH in Transplant Ctr for 5 years, I im also crossed trained in different discipline such as
- Pre & PostTransplant
-Vascular Surgery
-Diabetes & Endocrinology
-Dermatology
-Hematology
-Osteoporosis Clinic
-Gastro clinic
-Liver transplant Clinic
You need to suck up to higher up in order to be promoted
Senior Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  MedicineJune 20, 2019
I don’t like the fact that the management promotes staff based on their liking. They are very personal to people and will only promote the person if the person is a yes man. The salary is not equivalent to workload. So many patients yet less pay. I find it ridiculous that you can only wear pure black shoes. I don’t think nursing care will be affected if your wear coloured shifts. Patients and relatives tend to be very rude too. And the management will always side the patient and relatives. They will always blame the staffs and put them at fault. The old people still rule the whole place. Overall, bad place to work. Unhappy environment. Bad culture.
Pros
bonus twice a year
Cons
Blaming culture.
Hectic
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  OutramApril 24, 2019
Basically Hospital you have to put in your 200% of effort and must be on the go. Assisting Doctors and booking of appointment for the patients. Closing of accounts and tallying the balance. Counter checking the patients report and forms to be submitted to the department.
Pros
medical
Cons
Job i have been experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  SinagporeApril 18, 2019
1. Ensure accuracy of receiving and updating medical records.
2. Rectify any error and confirm on the returned casenotes tally with the inpatient discharge list.
3. Inpatient cases should be accurate complete with full HIDS and arranged neatly and bundled up properly before despatch to updating.
4. Discharge list should not be recycled for future cases.
A good company for job security
Senior Associate (Education) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 20, 2019
It is a fast-paced environment with high pressure and it is highly recommended for those who seek challenges. You need to always be on your toes and to anticipate what the clinicians need.
Pros
Good colleagues, good remuneration.
Cons
Too demanding
Dispensing medicines
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  OutramFebruary 18, 2019
Picking & packing meds. Preparing extemporaneous preparations, Verifying accuracy a prescription identifying incorrect or ambiguous orders. Performing interventions. Doing reception and advising patients on the type of medications that can be covered by a third party payer. Typing a prescription. I dispense medications to patients in Blk 4 & Block 7 Pharmacy where patients come from musculoskeletal and plastic surgery clinic. Do inpatient duty whereby we supply milk feeds and dressings to patients who are warded or are ready for discharge.
Build good relationships and productive environment.
Associate Executive in August (Current Employee) –  Outram RoadJanuary 14, 2019
Build good relationships and productive environment. Able to expose talent and ideas for better operation workflow. Welcome suggestions for better company rapport.
Good learning experience
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  OutramJanuary 7, 2019
The work environment really pushes one to excel. It is also a very educational environment which, one could learn a lot in a short period. Was glad to have been there.
Teamwork
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  OutramJanuary 6, 2019
Working together and respect each other is very important . Be understanding to staffs need is aslo important. Give and take as well as good health is also play and important part in our job
Pros
Understanding colleagues
Cons
Short of manpower
Emergency Nursing Skills
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 3, 2019
*SGH ED sees an average of 300 to 500 patients a day, its always busy but teamwork has always been the key to treat patient promptly which is our utmost priority
*I have learned Emergency Nursing skills including management of patients in Emergency Cardiac Care Unit
*Management is doing their best to treat all the employee fairly and give importance on employee's professional growth
*Dealing with multiple nursing task lists
*Witnessing how my patients improve with the prompt intervention rendered in ED
Productive workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  OutramDecember 13, 2018
I was able to upgrade myself in SGH as i learned more about the area i’m specialised in, which is Plastic Surgery & Eye. However, when i wanted to upgrade myself further by studying Degree, i was not able to balance my shift work life with my student life as there were days i end work much later than expected.
Pros
Shift work hours
Cons
Tends to work overtime almost everyday.
Dependent on dept you work in
Executive (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 4, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Certain dept have better worklife balance than others. Very slow career progression. As its a big company, there are alot of red tapes for any initiative.
Great place to work at
Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 19, 2018
Great place to work at, busy and constantly being challenged. There is never a dull moment. Colleagues are great although due to legacy, you need to be sensitive of the unwritten 'rules'.
a day at work
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  clinicOctober 11, 2018
The day at work typically starts with earlybird patients, assisting doctors , counter management and cross deployment .Co workers here are the best you can as for-supportive and fun-loving.
Pros
good location, loveable colleagues
Cons
monthly wages
The following errors occurred
Temp Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  OutramAugust 1, 2018
Your review nonsense is really getting on my nerves.

Do I really have to write all this?

You are definitely wasting my time.

There, I reached 150.
No comments
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 27, 2018
This is a hospital catered for foreign talents, Singaporean lower class like healthcare attendants and healthcare assistants is always a easy targets of bullies to these FTs like the Filipina senior staff nurse in ward 46.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Politics
na
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OutramJuly 14, 2018
Benefit wise, SGH is good, but the workload is tough. It is challenging to work in the wards, but you will learn a lot.
They give more benefits to local despite the same workload with foreigners. Promotion for local is fast, for foreigners are very slow
Meaningful Workplace
Neonatal Nurse (Current Employee) –  OutramJune 18, 2018
I enjoy interacting, empowering the parents to take care of their infants. I truly love having such privilege to be nursing these newborn babies, and assisting mothers to adjust with breastfeeding, bathing and care for baby.

My nurse manager always open the opportunities to further studies, and I am thankful for that. Due to family commitments, and the need for office hours, the shift hours is the hardest part of this job. Given my experience in the wards, I hope to explore other aspects of healthcare as well.

Hence, I need to find a new job in the healthcare industry which is able to allow me to work office hours.
Cons
Shift Work
Great Place to Have Worked
Executive Clinical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 8, 2018
Performed various other duties such as internal auditing of case notes, on the job training of clinical coders regarding Australian Coding Standards and Singapore Coding Directives. Participated in relevant courses and educational sessions. Loved my time here.
High workload
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 22, 2018
less work/life balance.
lesser staff.
long working hours.
high work load that the actual JD.
good place for experience but must be prepared for the challenges ahead.
Cons
high workload