Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Review

View all Singapore Airlines reviews

Lifestyle and salary is great but no work/life balance
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 13, 2019
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression

Other Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

It's a very competitive workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 20, 2020
Over the 20 years I have worked there, I have learnt many valuable life lessons. There were episodes that taught me the importance of team building, networking and collaboration.
professionalism and Hardwork
Air Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 18, 2020
Singapore airline job was like my dream come true moments.
have learned to provide professional approach towards the customers problems and queries.