Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Fun and Enjoyable
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 30, 2019
It was a fun and enjoyable job for a couple of years, travelling the world and earning money! Without having to bring work home. You do get a little homesick sometimes but overall it was a fun and exciting job.
Fun Workplace
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 26, 2019
I was a Cabin Crew back then in 2001. I loved meeting people. Definitely Singapore Airlines trained me up to be one. I loved my experience with Singapore Airlines and would like to work there again. Thank You.
New generation work ethics
Flight Stewardess (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportDecember 22, 2019
A generally stress free work environment. A lot of benefits for ourselves and families and with yearly bonus.
The company however still holds on to old habits and old work culture ethics that should be remove or at least reviewed into a better environment for new generations.
Great way to fly
Senior Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 20, 2019
It was a great opportunity to be a part of one of the best airline in the world. Donning the uniform brings a certain pride, and transform each and everyone of us to be a gracious host.
Service is what we deliver best, second to our priority: safety.
Always go beyond to delight passengers
Negotiation and problem solving is part of the job
Most of the crew are fun and outgoing people and we will miss each other after every flight
Suitable for people who's easygoing and love to meet people
Lifestyle and salary is great but no work/life balance
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 13, 2019
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 12, 2019
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, Need to improve culture more, Since it airlines. The last year changed a lot. Still, need to improve a lot , Overall if good package, other benefits sub load SIA airlines including Scoot
Enjoyable
Air stewardess (Former Employee) –  Changi airportSeptember 30, 2019
Managed to gain a lot of experiences from this company throughout almost four years . Really grateful to get to be a part of it and to get to see the world & not to forget to get to learn people’s culture.
well-organised company
Coach, mentor and develop staff (Former Employee) –  ChangiSeptember 24, 2019
Every working day is a fruitful day. Learnt how to make impossible become possible with limited resources. The essence of teamwork. Always get to learn new things every other day.
Fun workplace
Cabin Crew (Current Employee) –  ChangiSeptember 21, 2019
Singapore Airlines Economy Class, Los Angeles to Singapore via Seoul, Boeing 777-300ER. ... From comfortable seats and attentive service to quality on-demand entertainment with hundreds of movies and TV shows, Singapore Airlines makes flying economy class a pleasurable experience.
Best work experience
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 4, 2019
It is a very challenging environment when you are working with Singapore Airlines but i have gained lots of experience about the Customer Service mostly, especially something that you will need it in every work place. Stressful, fast pace, in the end of the day, you will pat your back that you are the best of all since you learn how to be patient, professional, and a lot more especially you can get to fly of first class Airline carrier in the world and enjoy the off time out side of the country. Missed that moment, don't mind to come back to work with if they have opening for US locations.
Typical day at work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  ChangiAugust 28, 2019
Sometimes guest Alredy booked tickets and forget to assign seat. The time checking in guest will start arguing about the seat and everything.. Not easy to handle guest with temper.. Patient need more
Typical local company of Singapore
Project Management (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 9, 2019
Company has alot of people which are not working, lazy and causing issues with constant useless complaints. Poor management of head of departments which some of them does not turn up for work, poor foresight of advancement for staff and department.

Company lacks technology and cost cutting is top on the list.

Company offers very low market salary, poor merit increment if you join as a general stuff with no chance of having a same salary benchmark even after you obtain a degree and promoted to an executive.

Benefits are factored into salaries which means lower salary.
It’s a good and reputable company .It take good care of his employees.Concerned staff well being and welfare .Encourage staff to upgrade and excelled
SENIOR CHIEF STEWARD (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 20, 2019
Singapore Airlines is a reputable and good company
It encouraged staff to excelled and upgrade by rostering them for courses .It look into staff well being and welfare.There is always open communication between staff and management.
Pros
During special occasions F&b will be served
Cons
Working hours are confirmed with Air safety and regulation.
Opportunity to see the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  SIngaporeJune 8, 2019
The job was a good way to travel and see the world. Being a global airline, there were lots of great destinations and staying at 4-5 star hotels were a big bonus as well. The hard part was adjusting to extreme climates as I can be in 40 celcius Dubai desert to -10 in Russia the next week. The off hours also takes a toll on the body.
Excellent work culture and environment
REGIONAL SALES PLANNING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 2, 2019
Colleagues are generally friendly and willing to go out of the way to help. There is a 'family' atmosphere but salary is generally not as competitive as the industry standards but is compensated by free annual air ticket.
Great experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportMay 31, 2019
Good experience to learn about different culture and how to deal with people from all over the world. While having the benefit of travelling on the side.
Services
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi airportMay 14, 2019
Good company to get attached to. Nevertheless not a perfect job due company is situated at Changi when I am located in the north west area. Would recommend others.
Gain Indépendance and Service Skills
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 29, 2019
Very understanding and friendly passengers, Nice uniform, I got to experience a lot of different cultures and live like the locals when I'm overseas. Grew up a lot at this job and gained a lot of independence at a young age.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Crew Attitude
Efficient, fun and diverse workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 12, 2019
It is always a pleasure working for Singapore Airlines. I experience a new found love to serve people from all walks of life, embracing new cultures as we learn to communicate with different types of people and still provide the best service to make them feel
comfortable.
There are some days that the passengers can be demanding but with patience and grace, we learn to settle such situation calmly and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable moments is when you are able to immerse yourself in the energy of the destinations, with your colleagues and feel less homesick!
Pros
Able to travel to the destination of your choice
Cons
Missing out on important Family events
Aircraft Line Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 21, 2019
I worked everyday doing maintenance checks in operation, such as arrival, transit checks, and departure. Reassigned aircraft bay to another, sometime do stay-over checks and weekly checks. Servicing of an aircraft engine oil, APU and hydraulics, we planned every day in our task and assignments, we must prepare, motivated and must be productive while doing our jobs.