Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Typical local company of Singapore
Project Management (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 9, 2019
Company has alot of people which are not working, lazy and causing issues with constant useless complaints. Poor management of head of departments which some of them does not turn up for work, poor foresight of advancement for staff and department.

Company lacks technology and cost cutting is top on the list.

Company offers very low market salary, poor merit increment if you join as a general stuff with no chance of having a same salary benchmark even after you obtain a degree and promoted to an executive.

Benefits are factored into salaries which means lower salary.
Opportunity to see the world
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  SIngaporeJune 8, 2019
The job was a good way to travel and see the world. Being a global airline, there were lots of great destinations and staying at 4-5 star hotels were a big bonus as well. The hard part was adjusting to extreme climates as I can be in 40 celcius Dubai desert to -10 in Russia the next week. The off hours also takes a toll on the body.
Excellent work culture and environment
REGIONAL SALES PLANNING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 2, 2019
Colleagues are generally friendly and willing to go out of the way to help. There is a 'family' atmosphere but salary is generally not as competitive as the industry standards but is compensated by free annual air ticket.
Great experience
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportMay 31, 2019
Good experience to learn about different culture and how to deal with people from all over the world. While having the benefit of travelling on the side.
Services
Singapore Airlines Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi airportMay 14, 2019
Good company to get attached to. Nevertheless not a perfect job due company is situated at Changi when I am located in the north west area. Would recommend others.
Gain Indépendance and Service Skills
Flight Stewardess (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 29, 2019
Very understanding and friendly passengers, Nice uniform, I got to experience a lot of different cultures and live like the locals when I'm overseas. Grew up a lot at this job and gained a lot of independence at a young age.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Crew Attitude
Efficient, fun and diverse workplace
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 12, 2019
It is always a pleasure working for Singapore Airlines. I experience a new found love to serve people from all walks of life, embracing new cultures as we learn to communicate with different types of people and still provide the best service to make them feel
comfortable.
There are some days that the passengers can be demanding but with patience and grace, we learn to settle such situation calmly and in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable moments is when you are able to immerse yourself in the energy of the destinations, with your colleagues and feel less homesick!
Pros
Able to travel to the destination of your choice
Cons
Missing out on important Family events
Aircraft Line Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 21, 2019
I worked everyday doing maintenance checks in operation, such as arrival, transit checks, and departure. Reassigned aircraft bay to another, sometime do stay-over checks and weekly checks. Servicing of an aircraft engine oil, APU and hydraulics, we planned every day in our task and assignments, we must prepare, motivated and must be productive while doing our jobs.
Nothing Long Term
FLIGHT STEWARD (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportFebruary 9, 2019
Only way to get promoted is to have zero MC's and by soliciting for compliments from senior colleagues and passengers. Expected to contribute to events/clubs during off days.
A great company
Captain (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 23, 2019
SIA is a great company with a solid track record in awards and passenger satisfaction. SIA cancelled all the Expat contracts which forced us to relocate
Pros
Great network, great fleet
Cons
Cost of living too high
Fun workplace
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  AirportJanuary 17, 2019
Fun work place at my birth country in the International airport in Sri Lanka. One of the best Airlines, small group of staff and one flight a day! Learned to supervise handling agents
productive
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 16, 2019
1. flexi working hours
2. learn to communicate with various characters of human beings
3. management structure
4. hardest part in working environment when launches new products with less instruction provided to staff
Pros
good environment
Cons
Very interesting since it was the first Career
Technician (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportDecember 28, 2018
Balance work hours.
New things on Aircraft Operations.
Good Management with many years of experience.
Work Culture was fair
Meeting deadlines and schedule
Always learning new things.
Working over 30,000ft
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportDecember 8, 2018
It was a challenging work environment, in terms of the job culture and seniority. I felt that my potential was never met. After 6 months I felt unchallenged and the job was not making me any happier. I was doing the same thing day in and day out.
Pros
Great benefits, Dentist and Medical. 6th Month Bonus
Cons
Long Hours. Seniority. Poor Work Ethic and motivation from Management
productive and fun place
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Changi AirportDecember 6, 2018
Work can't get any better if you are travelling and having fun at the same time. Culture is an important part of being in a cabin crew environment! Hardest part of the job is the odd working hours
Great workplace!
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 6, 2018
Amazing colleagues met who has taught me on the job skills as well as the culture of the company. It was an excellent experience which has brought me to places that I am privileged to have travelled to.
Pros
Travel benefits
Family-like work culture, Okay benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  NovenaDecember 5, 2018
Family-like work culture at the working level. Okay benefits - free air tickets for you and your spouse + children. Pay should be at mean/median level, but generally does not go above market rate.
Good salary but limited progression
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 3, 2018
Job scope mainly covers serving passengers and ensuring their safety on flight. As you work with different set of crew on each flight, you'd learn to adapt. Communication skills will be tested. Pretty hierarchical culture where juniors have to suck up to seniors sometimes. Hardest part of the job is having to adjust to different timezones and being away from home most of the time. You can't really choose your roster and may miss many important occasions back home. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to travel to different places and enjoying the albeit short offdays outstation. Moreover, you'd be earning a really decent salary.
Pros
Travel opportunity, Good Salary
Cons
Hierarchical culture, Away from home, Limited progression
Very demanding job
Leading Steward (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportNovember 29, 2018
Promotion criteria is very competitive. Demand of productivity is very high. Never ending of learning process as crew are required to always update themselves with new updates and changes to service requirements.
Pros
Off days
Cons
Pay do not increase in tandem with years of service
Fun and eye opening environment.
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Singapore Changi AirportNovember 27, 2018
Feel satisfied after a day at work.
Learn people management.
Eye opening working environment.
Hardest part of the job is jet lag.
Most enjoyable part of the job is to travel around the world.
Pros
Free travel, free hotel.
Cons
Jet lag.