Shimizu Corporation Employee Reviews

Equal Gender Opportunity
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 25, 2019
Shimizu Corporation provides equal gender opportunity to all employees for career advancement.
Trainings are being granted to employees with passion with work.
Although there are days that are really busy with weekend works and business trips that are demanding, Shimizu is promoting work family balance and encourage employees to take exact 8hrs works once a week.
Pros
free dental insurance
Cons
long working hours
productive
Supervisor (mechanical and electrical) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 31, 2019
toolbox meeting daily routine
learned the individual trade in mechanical and electrical
all resources given by management
once project done transfer to other project
Pros
annual bonus and salary increase
Cons
a lot of meeting to attend
Its a excellent company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 29, 2019
Its a nice compan. Always maintainthe safety procedur. Every month 25th date given salary. OT, Bonus has given by them.Excellent working syste. Boss excellent behaviou.
Pros
Night shift work dinner given
Cons
Duty is ok
Collaborative Work Place
Planning Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 24, 2019
In a day will need to review documents and attend meetings, I had learnt that I being a Manager would need to be more proactive in engaging people around me.
A very good company
Asst. Manager (BIM) (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 5, 2018
Overall, a good company to work for. Good environment. Good Benefits. For new employees, they will learn a lot of things in this company. Support from supervisor is excellent.
Pros
Provide Career Advancement / Benefits
Cons
Changing of schedules
Good working environment.
M&E Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 1, 2018
Provide movie treat, fun run, environmental awareness program, and corporate discount on handphone. Monthly safety promotion and slogan. Participate on government activities.
Pros
movie treats
Cons
need to extend working hours
Safety Coordinator
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jurong IslandJanuary 29, 2018
I have work almost 6 months with shimizu in Jurong Island. I have learn how to handle their sub-contractors safety violation and educate safe work practices.
Pros
Management fail to support safety.
Cons
Working long hours but not paid.
Work hard place
Senior Tunnel engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 11, 2017
To work at Shimizu Corporation, employees must ready to sacrifice his/her life. The environment among employees is good even still have some cultural issue in the working atmosphere.
Productive and good environment with safety
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 20, 2017
The company will mold you as a good engineer with special qualities.you will have a confidence to work anywhere with safety and neat environment. you can involve in social works also.
Pros
good entertainment
fun workplace
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasir PanjangSeptember 12, 2017
Shimizu Corporation is a good employer to work for. I enjoyed my 3 years' stay there as a site engineer. I had good relationships with my colleagues. The whole package is quite competitive.
High pressure work culture
Tunnel Surveyor (Former Employee) –  MalysiaSeptember 8, 2017
I worked in the steel structural department. There can be said , work life is not balance. I have travelled about two hours from my house to the work place.
The work place was very challenging
WSH Manager (Former Employee) –  Thomson East Coast MRT Line, T207September 2, 2017
It was very interesting and challenging to work as WSH Manager. Talking about Shimizu Corporation, it is a place to work. The workplace culture was very good. The working relations with my management and my colleagues are outstanding.

Leaving the company is the hardest part.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
My salary not on par with the market value, perhaps due to i have started working with Shimizu in Building Project(Capitol Theater, Commercial Complex and Condominium)
Well organized company and Good workplace
M&E Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Development Project (City Hall)July 21, 2017
SHIMIZU Corporation is well organized and founded systematically.Different working hour based on individual contract .When I was in Shimizu , My working hour is from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and 5 days per week. Good Salary and medical benifit .
Pros
Full medical check up per half a year
Cons
fare working hour
Week end partys
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City HallMarch 29, 2017
Good constructed company with more work stress with minimum work guarantee. There is some sudden termination is also possible. But there is many things to learn
Pros
Partys
Cons
Unsufficient overtimes
Great working environment
QUANTITY SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 26, 2017
Different techniques were thought to every staff so to enhance each and everyone's capabilities. Camaraderie among staffs is the most enjoyable part in working with this company.
Training
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Singapore, SGMarch 15, 2017
A good workplace to learn about the ins and outs of a construction industry.

They provide an excellent working experience and through the job assigned will learn a lot about the construction procedures, processes, techniques that are often not learned from the book but can only be gain through exposure and hands on experience.
Pros
Professional Trainings
Cons
Too long working hours
A systematic, organized thus productive work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 28, 2017
Working in a Japanese company is a great experience for me, whereas productivity, punctuality, quality, planning and safety are some of the practice in their culture.

Management wise, I can say that of my 8 hours/10hrs of working per day, most of it were spent productively. Where as planning stage was most important than application itself, because I have learned in this company that through planning accident and mistakes can be lessen or eliminated.

Though everyday is a challenge working in Oil and Gas, I can say that everyday I am learning something new.
Pros
Technical Training
Cons
Long working hours
Systematic and progressive platform
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jurong IslandFebruary 27, 2017
A good platform for construction base career progress. Good employers and systematic workflow. Employees benefits are given fairly.
Pros
Claims and other benefits available
Cons
transportation hours
Productive and Systematic workplace
Planning Manager at Punggol Reservoir Project (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 6, 2017
Shimizu have very systematic system, all the works are well organized, each party play his roles. I am providing planning and technical support during tender and construction stage. Most importance, we work as a term to make our target success, that is the most proud part when I stay at Shimizu.
Pros
Syatematic
Cons
Japanese company has their own culture and most of the time not open to local people
Professional way of approaching the employees
Tower Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Paya LebarFebruary 5, 2017
The working culture with SHMIZU is very professional. I have been nearly 10 years in a nice working culture. They have awarded employee of the year 2014 for my sincere and dedication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shimizu Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2