Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

work at fun place
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  SentosaMarch 4, 2017
I’m looking for some career to set up and reach my goal. I rather stay tired than broke of career, in addiction I could give all my effort, energy and my time to accomplish my goal.
Pros
provided
Cons
long hour
Good Experience
Customer Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  SentosaFebruary 24, 2017
• Handling phone call and email enquiries

• Prepare weekly & monthly report to Supervisor

• Develop positive relationship with clients for further
business opportunities
Pros
Getting to meet new people on a daily basis
Cons
Job Advancement
Excellent environment to work in.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  OrchardJanuary 6, 2017
Work routine was well demonstrated by the senior.manager are firm with expectations. Standard are high. Working cliques are approachable. Overall are excellent.
Pros
Good lunch provided
Cons
Complicated route to drive in
Productive and Fun workplace
F&B (Former Employee) –  OrchardDecember 9, 2016
Shangri La Hotel has a very sophisticated yet friendly environment. They hold onto their professionalism but at the same time ensure that the guest feels at home even if they have to go out of their way to do it.
Job summary
Public cleaner (Former Employee) –  OrchardOctober 19, 2016
In chage at public area and maintance the cleanness. We also take care of room carpet and public carpet. Do the syampoo carpet above area.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
Can work long time
High class ambience workplace
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  OrchardSeptember 1, 2016
I've learned the way they manage and motivate their staff. The hardest part of the job is long working hours, the most enjoyable part is the ambience there.
Pros
free meals
Perfect Training Ground
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  OrchardAugust 8, 2016
Pleasantly 'hectic' on a typical day but the challenges are truly rewarding for personnel development and job satisfaction! I have learnt that customers overtime have increasingly higher expectations of service due to the wide array of accommodation and brand choices in the hospitality industry. We should never efface any possibility or opinions as to how we can do things differently in this dynamic society. Flexibility and adaptability is key to create unorthodox ways to keep our guests happy. It is essential not to always blindly adhere to the way the business runs just because it is customary or commonly accepted. I am proud to say our management has been nothing but supportive! It it truly amazing to see them fight the battles alongside with us to keep not only our guests delighted but us, the body of the organisation. Our opinions matter and their trust in our capabilities is evident from the empowerment given to the team. And because of this, the staff morale is pretty good and my co-workers are driven for results. I will not lie and talk about what an 'A team' we are. We have our disagreements from time to time and up till today, there are some days some of us will never totally get onto the same page. That is the inevitable flaw of any human relationship! This has to be the hardest part of the job: People. The complications of people interactions, differences in perspectives and to learn how to have mutual respect to resolve differences. Nevertheless, being the professionals we are, our work goes on with a fair share of laughter, pressure and sweat. People are our most  more... important asset and I believe although we can never please the whole world, we can always find ways to 'integrate' and communicate better. As for the most enjoyable part of my job, it has got to be when a guest or colleague acknowledges my service or assistance. It could be a simple 'Thank you for making my day!', 'Thank me for making my stay a wonderful one!' or 'Thank you for assisting with the group check in!'. When I am done fighting all the 'battles' on the floor, these simple kind words of appreciation never fail to warm my heart and put a big smile on my face :)  less
Pros
Good stepping stone to learn and grow
Cons
Long hours and relatively low salary
Fun ANd productive
Part - time banquet houseman and waiter (Former Employee) –  orchardJuly 4, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive management and also able to witness a lot of international and goverment events. overall experience is fantastic.
Mulitasking Job
Part time Banquet Service Staff (Former Employee) –  OrchardApril 8, 2015
Job Scope:

- Attend to customer needs promptly
- Serving of food and beverages
- Housekeeping duties

Experiences Gained:

- Learning how to liaise between event organizers and banquet manager for efficient service to customers for their meetings and business events
- Able to multitask and work in a fast pace and stressful environment
- Able to confidently communicate with people from all walks of life
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Job Review on Shangri-La as a trainee chef.
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  Shangri-La OrchardDecember 7, 2014
Workload was heavy but enjoyed it. Learnt more about food preparation and also customer relations as we had to interact with customers during functions. Learnt about being independent and handling functions by myself. Also learnt how to work smart and efficiently
Pros
Getting to interact with customers
Cons
Low pay
Active and Energetic Workplace
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 29, 2014
A typical day at work

I worked as a management trainee in production team. In daily basis, I worked with our sous chef, mice in place, prepared menus of the day, assists in cleanliness and orderliness in the kitchen, prepares orders from the ala carte kitchen.

What you learned

Im not doing as a typical trainee did. I make sure that I can learn outside the box of being a trainee. Because of too much aggressive, my boss teach me every single thing until I learned everything. Fulfilling that I was rewarded by thy company of "Silver Award".

This company of mine, everything is standard. Benefits are all given.

Your co-workers

Supportive and Proactive

The hardest part of the job

None. I love to work in any kind of pressure.

The most enjoyable

Doing things behind expectations of our boss, boss of our boss and everybody.
Pros
Free Meals, Medical Benefits, Ph
Cons
Long Hours of Duty
productive and fun workplace
Waitress and Supervisor (part-time). (Former Employee) –  OrchardJune 21, 2013
It's a part time job,need to work with whole team members.
Working in the F&B sector, i got make a lot of friends who are from different part of the world. We work and communicate with each other, knowing different culture of the world.
To become a senior and professional staff in a five star hotel i was been trained, and passed the management skill paper test and practices test.

i was enjoyed that time.