Republic Services Employee Reviews for Operations Supervisor

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Stressful with long hours
Operations Supervisor-Hauling-Transportation (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 28, 2018
Early morning start and late evening finishes with administrative duties and demanding to be on the road at the same time. Not enough support for the role.
Pros
Frequent emloyee functions or cookouts. Benefits
Cons
hours and manangement support
Managing drivers and customers
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2018
Challenging role in a variety of settings and relentless demands of the daily job duties. Customer service is paramount. Safety and quality is a key focus area.
a lot of hours
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 9, 2018
a lot of hours, high stress environment, very fast paced with a lot of cross functional responsibility, purchasing, h/r, dot regulations, hours of service, safety, productivity, retention
Republic can't figure out how to treat all employees
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 3, 2018
After being a driver and a supervisor, even though I was hired to be a supervisor, I asked about the bonus and was told I had yet to do anything exceptional. Myself and another supervisor carried the extra workload during the summer, violating company policy. Operations Manager would not hire appropriate number of drivers to cover the extra work. Then I was told I was not performing my supervisory reports adequately on the days I was stuck in a truck.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Very poor management, complaints and suggestions ignored.
Good company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2017
I was an operations supervisor which is pretty much the same task wherever you work. Basically I was an adult day care worker who had to motivate employees to do some of the most basic task known to mankind.
Pros
The pay was excellent and there is opportunity to move up.
Cons
Long hours because the demand is high.
Overworked and stressful
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2017
Work 12-16 a day, very minimal training, incompetent managers, and dealing with rude drivers. Tasks are repetitive and personal development is uncommon.
Pros
Compensation is reasonable
Cons
Long hours and no training.
Great Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work and advance in a career. If you work hard and show up for work every day with the intent to do your best. If you have a positive attitude with management and your team. You can go far at this company.
The most dysfunctional work environment you will ever work in.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CANovember 20, 2017
If you want to be miserable, sad, unhappy, stressed, unfulfilled...then this is the company for you. One of my colleagues said last week...coming into work is a traumatic experience. Please save yourself the headache and steer clear of this company.
Republic Services
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2017
Republic Services tries to be a quality employer, but compensation, training and opportunities for advancement are weak and could easily be much better.
Overall Republic is a Great company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 8, 2017
A typical day is none stop trying to make sure all customers are serviced and make sure your team makes it home ok.

My manager sucked at promoting a healthy non toxic environment. He breed turmoil and ruled by fear.

The hardest part of the job putting out the fires my manager set.
and the constant calls for missed garbage.

My Team. Best Crew Ever
Pros
Travel
Cons
Expense reports
work/life balance
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2017
I would like to see different territories of the company to get a full productive view of the company however I can only go by what I know. The views are very old-school and misogynistic. There is no tuition reimbursement so not much room for advancement.
Pros
build your own healthcare
Cons
old-school culture
Fundamental Flaws
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILSeptember 24, 2017
If you ever have a day that you work less than 10 hours expect to hear "Are you leaving early?" from someone.

Safety is just a signature on a roster.

Equipment is awful, so many downed trucks

Very high turnover

Funny, management says they understand what's going on and tell everyone that we are $1 million+ ahead of budget and can't see how upset all the workers are since their wages have been dropping all year.
Pros
Good Pay & Benefits
Cons
It's just a glorified sweatshop
poor leadership
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2017
18 hr days treated to constant scrutiny about work performed. never given objective opinion on status of day. way overworked.should allow for work/life balance
Pros
the money
Cons
poor leadership
Fast paced environment.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 28, 2017
A normal day was at least 10 hours with a Saturday involved every 5 weeks. The environment allowed for additional knowledge but generally not through training. The Senior management was professional but I had three bosses in 2.5 years. The hardest part of the job was receiving phone calls and e mails well after the end of the normal work day. As an example, as the Commercial Operations Supervisor the day began at 12:30AM and usually ended around 11:00AM. But Customer Service works until 5:00PM so there were always calls and e mails that usually required going back to work to resolve a Customer Service site visit. But the Customer's always come first, regardless.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Lone work weeks.
Good Job Security
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 14, 2017
Great working environment. Lots of hours. The management is stressed and lacks consistence. Equipment failures hinder job flows. Good benefits and retirement.
benefits
Cons
management
Great place to be a driver
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Erie, MIJuly 10, 2017
Being a driver at Republic Services is great! Great pay, good benefits and extra perks such as safety vouchers and free family events and Cedar Point.
Good Career
Operations Supervisor Hauling (Current Employee) –  Sarona, WIJune 4, 2017
Job is satisfying, just expect a lot of hours working short handed. Oversee drivers and find ways to keep customer meet customer expectations. With less hours this would be a great job.
Pros
great benifits
Ridiculous and Unethical
Ops Supervisor Hauling-Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 27, 2017
I applied for 2 different positions with this company. Both through the same recruiter. The first position I was stood up by the interviewing manager the first attempt at an interview, and ignored by the recruiter until I sent an email to corporate HR. Then the hiring manager for the first position calls me to tell me to apply for the 2nd position, as he had to hire someone else because they had previously mishandled his application. On the 2nd position, that I was told to apply to, I never heard from the recruiter anything about the position, despite leaving 3 voicemails. There is no wonder the turnover is so bad here. I am fortunate to have a place of employment, but I felt anyone who applies should know what kind of experience they are in for.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, Incompetent Recruiters
Hard Life
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 28, 2017
Pay was good but you will be working all the time. Just like any other business there is good and bad. Just deal with it on a daily basis and go from there.
Great
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 23, 2017
Many opportunities there a lot of room for advancement. Work balance is a little off. You travel is paid for in full and you stay in nice hotels. I would recommend this job to others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.