Republic Services Employee Reviews for Driver

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
loved driving frontload commercial trash truck
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INDecember 16, 2017
i enjoyed driving third / first shift. driving around for commercial trash pick-up. really enjoyed my job there. staying busy out in the area. getting the job done properly.
Pros
doing my job, with very little supervision
Cons
bad managment
productive
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2017
management right now needs improving the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new customers..the hardest part of this job is being slowed down because of traffic in the city
Great money tuff job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PADecember 4, 2017
If you can get into the union and drive commercial frontload the pay is amazing. The roll off department pays great as well. Be prepared to work hard if your are in residential or commercial rearload.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Little time spent with family because of exhaustion.
Terrible management
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 28, 2017
Don't work for them! It is a terrible work environment, with unbelievably terrible management! Such a joke! Always the management against the employees, never a team effort.
N/a
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Jordan, MNNovember 26, 2017
Currently you are not guaranteed 40 hours per week. Consider pay to be under par. Management of the Jordan location is in way over her head. Other employees are why I stayed.
great place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas city, KSNovember 22, 2017
Great work place attitude, Great work place, Great Management Take care of the employs and provide them with lunch sometimes, and just a great place to work.
Very good work place
Roll off Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 19, 2017
Overall Republic was a job in which we worked hard and at a fast pace. Management was fair with good employees. The hours could be long but the pay was exceptional.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long days
Potential to make unlimited income.
Roll off driver (Current Employee) –  DelawareNovember 19, 2017
Good company to work for but each business unit is ran independently. So depenadant upon your relationship with your supervisors and manager ( if you are a yes man) you could either flourish or suffer. I have to say work ethic is a huge role in your paychecks if you are on an incentive pay scale but recently we were put on an hourly pay and the secret formula they used they do let you know. And the base the hourly rate off of your previous years gross w2 earnings and then to add insult they based on a 50 hour work week. So your gross divided by 52 weeks that number divided by 50 hours that’s what they pay you. ??? So they have literally capped how much you can make so unless you move on somewhere else or become a supervisor your stuck. No forward progress. The people that bring the money into the yard are the ones who suffer monetarily while the entire support staff , office personnel , collect their regular salaries and bonuses increase due to the savings by reducing drivers pay. So tell me how this company could get 5 stars?
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Long hours minimal wages.
Lots of hours and no one wanted to help you, every one for thenselves.
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CANovember 10, 2017
Lots of favoritism, lots of snakes that work there that pose as your friends until something happens, then they act as if they don't know you, And management will lie on you just to cover there own butts. If your looking for a place to work at to be Depressed, miserable, Gossiping, Lazy people, and a cut throat environment then this is your lucky day ? If not then don't apply.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Phony people, liers, lazy, management thats second to Dung.
Sanitation job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day consist of routing and you an a rider completing an assignment of about 800 houses of trash content, Leaned how to deal with some very rude people. I learned how to stay nice. even when they used profanity. I learned to stay nice. Even when it was not your fault they sometimes would treat you bad, but I learned to stay polite. I learned control, Management was fair, to they help us with our jobs, made sure we were good and had what we need to do our job. The hardest part of the job for me was jumping in and out of the truck to pick up garbage. The most enjoyable part of the day was when your route was complete,.
Pros
Good work week
Cons
Labor
Keep looking!
Waste Hauler / Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 25, 2017
First off they start you off at $15 an hour, then after a couple months they do some sort of slide of hand tell you that you are getting paid by the ton and that bring your check down to almost $10 an hour. And if you get too much overtime they cut that pay down too. They dock 30 minutes lunch time daily but don't want you to take it. It is very cut throat, supervisors are only out to save themselves, drivers are only a number to them. The trucks are old, they brake down daily, and the mechanics do not properly fix them, they band - aid them just to get them out of the shop.
Pros
Cons
Read the review
Your days vary some are long some are short
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2017
A typical day starts pretty early. I have become a much better driver in my time at Republic. The most challenging part of the job is the conditions.
Pros
Work place freedom
Cons
Trucks breakdown frequently
needs better management
Residential Driver (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 10, 2017
company and pay are good but have poor management work day is busy and sometimes long. Plus side is your to busy to really notice the time you have been working
Never enough employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Worked on average 50 to 60 hours per week. Never got much help to finish my job if I needed it. Best part of job was the people I worked with. Still short employees to this day
It was a good learning expierence
Roll off driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Learned a lot. A typical work day consisted of starting at 6am and going to approximately 4:30. Management was fair for the most part but there was a lot of favoritism from the dispatch. The workplace culture is cool for the most part. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the rats and roaches. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new.
not a good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Such a great company to work for but people on management is what is running this company to the ground. Supervisors are two face,they will make your life miserable.
Hard work, long hours and wages not that great.
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Driving a commercial motor vehicle can be very mentally draining when working long hours 5-6 days a week while working in all kinds of weather conditions. The work was very physically demanding and the work days were long. I did not mind the hard work or long hours but better employment came my way with General Motors.
Pros
Benefits were good and working safely without supervision.
Cons
Hard work, long hours and low wages.
I'm impressed with the company so far. I've only been working here for two weeks and I have met many nice people.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 11, 2017
Nice friendly people. I have more respect for all the waste management people. It's not easy getting to everyone's house and businesses with all the obstacles in the way. I have been learning so much. I look forward to many years with this company. Competitive pay. Great benefits.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Dirty job
Great place to work great supervisor REY great co workers and everyone willing to help
Driver (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 10, 2017
This is a great place to work good pay great benefits really good management Rey is a great supervisor and Brian is also a great Manager when ever you need anything there willing to help out great place to work
To much talk
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCSeptember 7, 2017
They talked a lot about caring for the drivers. But when it came down to actually taking care of the drivers it didnt happen unless upper management was there to see it . It should have happened all the time . Trucks are not taken care of . Regardless of the type of job this is the drivers should not have been made to drive in those. Pre - post trip paperwork was all lies . Drivers jumped right in trucks , wrote down the miles and left . And on the rare day that something was written up by someone that actually cared it was never fixed . This place is very poorly ran and I do not recommend anyone get a job here. The management is in total denial .
Pros
ok money for the area
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9