Republic Services Employee Reviews for Dispatcher

Chula Vista, CA
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 1, 2018
Management here is atrocious. Hours cut and increased workload made it extremely stressful. No one works together which just caused problems for all in operations.

Felt harassed by one supervisor and GM in training. HR did nothing when I brought these issues to them.
Pros
Cons
Mangement.
Close to home and a great Manager.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJune 22, 2018
The job was great working with truck drivers, doing data entry, troubleshooting problems, maintaining records and DOT logs. The position taught me patience, you have to have patience when dealing with people. The hardest part of the job was staying to all hours of the night for the last truck and the most enjoyable part was the data entry, loved to do that.
Pros
Close to home, loved my Manager, did so many different tasks you never got sick of any one of them, the manager was always buying lunch
Cons
No breaks, just a lunch if you were lucky, supervisor that did not like me and cause me all sorts of problems, too long of hours
Long Hours, Stressful
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 29, 2018
Long Hours and high stress job. Low moral at our division. Very demanding. Not much supporting help. Nobody to fill in when you take time off. You felt as if you could not leave early or take time off because the job would not get done.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, not compensated the same for vacation, too demanding
Productive Work Place
Dispatcher (Frontload) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFMay 9, 2018
A typical day at Republic Service was making sure all routes are covered and all containers were dumped. I learned the true mean of team work. The culture of the work place was very pleasant. The hardest part of the job were co-workers causing conflict. The most enjoy part of the job was the team-work Front load driver shared with each other,
An interesting place to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 14, 2018
Fast paced work but not enough help to do the job at hand.Often asked to work more and more and no incentive to do so.Management knows the problems but refuse to correct them and thus you are left in a hole that you can't get out of.
Pros
A job
Cons
No help and bad equipment
Operational Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 3, 2018
This is one of the best companies to work at if you wish to find somewhere to get an entry level position and be able to move up quickly. They love to train within.
Overtime good, life none
Full-Time Dispatcher / Temp (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2018
No life in there your a slave to that job. One day off, management very unorganized. Training is very bad. Over time is good. They didnt trained me well I had it to learn on my own. Theirs no communication there.
Pros
over time
Cons
no life
fast pace environment quick problem solving some math req.
Operations-Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 10, 2018
multi-tasking such as answering phones customers at front windows and Motorola chirp talk system make sure all trash is picked up at the end of day from every area proof read paper work tally up total trash for the day as well as pick ups for tomorrow
excel spreadsheets
learned how to manage my time efficiently work day goes by quickly
management was okay easy to get along with
culture was great drivers had been there for years all known each other for years
Pros
easy once routine is down
Cons
na
good place to work
Dispatcher/Timekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
There's a lot of politics but keep your opinion to yourself and you'll be fine, On lunch and breaks you can watch television. They are very strict on attendance, and being on time.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
employee bar-b-ques
Fair enviroment depending your manager
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2018
not all advancements are fair many are given on personal relationship levels
many daily hours work in a high paced environment with many personalities
Pros
money, enviroment
Cons
limited advancement

Want to know more about Republic Services?

Ask a question
San Diego division
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Upper Management was really bad starting from the operations manager on up. They do not care about employees, its all about the bottom line and the morale was bad.
Work out in gym, take break with coworkers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
start at 6 am. Check with early drivers, make sure all routes are covered. Request tomorrow auto schedule hauls. Start on review yesterdays route, make sure everything was serviced. Start on payroll. Dispatch same day service when sales or customer service sales that way. Check on hours worked per driver. Close route sheets in computer. Driver check in as they finish their route and come to yard. Make sure DVR is filled out properly
good company
Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 7, 2017
working in the trash business is hard work & long hrs anywhere but this is the better of the company's out there. there big so they can offer decent pay & benefits yet they don,t micromanage to the extent of the other big trash company,s.
Overall, great company. Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 18, 2017
Managers have no accountability. As soon as they are unable to delegate things to you, you have no value to them. Item's which employee's are concerned about are often overlooked, and even mocked. Human Resources is also very little help, often defending management and patronizing employees.
Pros
Lots of food all of the time
Bad Management
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2017
Expect to have no life!
Bad Management not understanding the demands of operations.
Need more employees to get the job done and nobody should
ever work so so so late for a garbage company. Trucks break down all day every day. Not enough Supervisors, Dispatchers or Drivers or Trucks.
Management is very weak.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management with no guts
Overall excellent work enviroment
Dispatcher-Rolloff/Residential (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2017
Job is based on customer to company relations
Highly stressful at times
Responsible for all driver and equipment issues
Worked together daily with sales and maintenance teams
Pros
Very experienced and professional drivers
Cons
long hours daily
excellent place to work if your a go gitter!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2017
An excellent place to work ,I have been a part of the republic family for 8 years Excellent place to work ,great management ,wonderful employees, I absolutely love my job , I absolutely love republic and the culture ,I've had a lot of drivers happily retire from here ,the turnover is not bad because people love there jobs. the company always brings positive changes to its employees, and I love the training they offer and also how they treat us here, management always makes us feel part of a team and also there very involved in our needs and they listen , I don't now what else to say other than that, if you work for republic services you work for a great company.
Pros
employee engagement, great pay, wonderful people to work with
good people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNJuly 20, 2017
good people to work with. Set schedule for office workers, Monday thru Friday. Pay is alright. They offer vacation time and sick pay and free service for employees.
Great employees. Horriable management and life/work balance.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 23, 2017
Managers in my department had very large egos and were always bumping heads with one another. Lack of communication among managers. Employees and workplace culture is amazing. A lot of overtime.
Pros
Free lunches, great employees.
Cons
Bad management and life/work balance.
Great company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJune 16, 2017
I left the company and came back because I missed the work environment and the company.. Great benefits and pay. Good working environment and professional management
Pros
Believes in their employees
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.