Republic Services Employee Reviews for Dispatcher

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
San Diego division
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Upper Management was really bad starting from the operations manager on up. They do not care about employees, its all about the bottom line and the morale was bad.
Work out in gym, take break with coworkers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
start at 6 am. Check with early drivers, make sure all routes are covered. Request tomorrow auto schedule hauls. Start on review yesterdays route, make sure everything was serviced. Start on payroll. Dispatch same day service when sales or customer service sales that way. Check on hours worked per driver. Close route sheets in computer. Driver check in as they finish their route and come to yard. Make sure DVR is filled out properly
good company
Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 7, 2017
working in the trash business is hard work & long hrs anywhere but this is the better of the company's out there. there big so they can offer decent pay & benefits yet they don,t micromanage to the extent of the other big trash company,s.
Overall, great company. Poor Management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 18, 2017
Managers have no accountability. As soon as they are unable to delegate things to you, you have no value to them. Item's which employee's are concerned about are often overlooked, and even mocked. Human Resources is also very little help, often defending management and patronizing employees.
Pros
Lots of food all of the time
Bad Management
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 27, 2017
Expect to have no life!
Bad Management not understanding the demands of operations.
Need more employees to get the job done and nobody should
ever work so so so late for a garbage company. Trucks break down all day every day. Not enough Supervisors, Dispatchers or Drivers or Trucks.
Management is very weak.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management with no guts
Overall excellent work enviroment
Dispatcher-Rolloff/Residential (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2017
Job is based on customer to company relations
Highly stressful at times
Responsible for all driver and equipment issues
Worked together daily with sales and maintenance teams
Pros
Very experienced and professional drivers
Cons
long hours daily
excellent place to work if your a go gitter!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2017
An excellent place to work ,I have been a part of the republic family for 8 years Excellent place to work ,great management ,wonderful employees, I absolutely love my job , I absolutely love republic and the culture ,I've had a lot of drivers happily retire from here ,the turnover is not bad because people love there jobs. the company always brings positive changes to its employees, and I love the training they offer and also how they treat us here, management always makes us feel part of a team and also there very involved in our needs and they listen , I don't now what else to say other than that, if you work for republic services you work for a great company.
Pros
employee engagement, great pay, wonderful people to work with
Cons
Great employees. Horriable management and life/work balance.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 23, 2017
Managers in my department had very large egos and were always bumping heads with one another. Lack of communication among managers. Employees and workplace culture is amazing. A lot of overtime.
Pros
Free lunches, great employees.
Cons
Bad management and life/work balance.
Great company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJune 16, 2017
I left the company and came back because I missed the work environment and the company.. Great benefits and pay. Good working environment and professional management
Pros
Believes in their employees
Great company poor management
Dispatcher/Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Adairsville, GA 30103June 13, 2017
Overall company is great - just local office not so great. Training and expectations were not cohesive. Office was extremely busy and no time for proper training.
Pros
learned a lot on my own
Cons
micro managing
Not a comfortable work environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJune 7, 2017
When I first started at Republic, it was a very enjoyable workplace. Since then, management has become very poor, and the opportunity to advance in the company has become close to impossible. Have taken a 20 hour pay cut over the last year, and my schedule does not permit me to live a normal, family livelihood. Overall very unhappy.
Pros
Benefits, Pays very well
Cons
Poor management, An "Out For Yourself" mentality
Dispatchers are toxic
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
Cut throat. The dispatchers hate each other, but will dig the same grave to bury you. Dangerous and toxic environment. Redundant work. Supervisors and managers have no clue what they're doing. I've seen monkey scat fights at the zoo more organized than this place.
Pros
Hahahaha!
Cons
No breaks, no time off, work life balance is non existent.
fast paced
Industrial Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2017
Dispatching for Industrial line of business, assisting other departments through the day. Data entry for end of day completion. Learn the workings of all lines of business with the ability to crossover when needed in all lines of business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
need more of a challenging career
Horriable
Commercial/Industrial Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 11, 2017
Too bad you have to use 150 characters this place is terrible I would let my dog work there. No one is held accountable for anything that is why trash is never picked up unless weather is perfect.
A tremendous amount of multi-tasking
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2017
This is the job where I learned to get tossed into the water and learn to swim by myself if you know what I mean. Very hectic and not very much staff to help you along the way. You will be on your own, but if anything will get you prepared to learn fast and be amazing at multi-tasking, this will!
Pros
security, learning experience, hour lunch and management is very nice
Cons
not really time for a personal life, not much training
Pay was great but wasn't worth it
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 4, 2017
Great pay and benefits but the hours, management and the job duties should be all changed. Not a good experience. I don't think I can say to much more.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Almost everything
worst place to work ever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 2, 2016
I was a dispatcher for Republic & what a joke. Worst place ever to work, if the drivers or other employees want you gone....you will be fired. Management does NOT care if you do your job, everyone is just looking for someone new to pass their work off on. Be ready to get blamed for anything & everything, then get fired because you won't kiss butt or disregard the rules. Save yourself the time & trouble, find another place to work. Having a job with this company is a guaranteed way to create one of the worst memories of your working life.
Pros
not working here anymore
Cons
everything & then some
Great PLace to work
Truck Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 23, 2016
This is a great place to work however the pay is low if they raise the pay a little more people would not leave they really show you that they want you there
Pros
Great place to workthey value you there
Cons
They dont pay any money
Business to business
Operations Dispatcher & Scales (Current Employee) –  COVINGTON, KYJuly 22, 2015
All in all its a great place to work. However, the pay grade should increase for the job that we do. I get to meet different people and work with the community which I love to do. Everyday is different.
Pros
Flexibility and layed back
Cons
got to worrk holiday's and weekends
Good paying job stressful
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 17, 2014
I was there for 2 years and made an operational mistake that was a terminable offense. I can understand that there are no second chances when it comes the the safety of a 40000 lb vehicle. The hours were long .It was a stressful job. Pay was great.
Pros
Pay and compensation
Cons
Hours, stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9