Republic Services Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Experience differed on who your supervisor was
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2017
My own supervisor was amazing to work for but when a supervisor of different departments tried to step in things could get rocky. My department just had to let it roll off our shoulders.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Terrible place for enployment unless you like stress everyday
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
qucikly turned into a very streesful days of work. Every day there is change with no correct comunication between the reps and managment, There would be times where the managment could not answer a simple question. Every call is a complaint and or escaltion. the Supervisors will not take the escaltion calls and will sometimes have the customer on hold untill they hang up. This company SUCKS !!!
Pros
45 minute lunch break
Cons
every call is a complaint or escaltion.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
great company to work for with excellent benefits. customers can be cumbersome but its trash and they will get over it. you can only do what you can do. i would go back
Positive experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2017
Was far from home.
My success was based on my performance.
Evaluations and promotions seem to be fair.
Must be ready to listen to people mostly complain, not always.
Overall culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 29, 2017
Republic was a great job that required hard work but also was a fun atmosphere. We received food on a weekly basis. My supervisor was the best. I would love to be working there again.
Pros
Fun, hard work, pay and benefits
Cons
It was only temporary
Excellent company
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2017
Excellent compan! Managment is approachable, peers are awesome a very pleasant environment from entry level to re-entering the worforce etc. Republic services is an excellent company
Pros
Pay, Vacation time, Work-balance, Management is awesome
Cons
N/a
Poor Management/Racism
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
I don't like management very unprofessional and showed favoritism to other employees. As women of color I always felt very out of place and uncomfortable.
My experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 25, 2017
I loved working there and was very upset that the department was relocating to a different state. I wish there was a way for me to have a guaranteed position.
Pros
Great General Manager
Cons
some management
Inconsistent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2017
With the many changes the call center is experiencing the employees are certainly suffering with the inconsistent expectations set forth to employees. For one training class of 30 plus that all started on the same days, there had to of been 8 different expectations set regarding attendance alone not to mention other factors of the job. Say what you mean and mean what you say and stick to it. Communication is key.
Pros
Starting Pay
Cons
communication
Worst
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2017
The worst place I've ever worked. They are unwilling to work with you , regardless of your home situation. They let management bully you, and HR doesn't work with you for anything.
Pros
You got paid
Cons
The pay was horrible, especially for the environment you had to deal with.
Good service company-customer was most important in keeping happy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2017
This was a somewhat stressful job working with the public and not always pleasant customers. My co-workers were good people to work with. It was a call center and we were on the phones all day and that was the main priority.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Stress level was high dealing with public
Great Company
Customer Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 19, 2017
Customers are really angry and specialist are limited as to what we can do to correct their issues. Stressful when at peak times or new services offered.
Not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 11, 2017
Customer service front line services cause for stressful days. Supervisors unwilling to help representative by not standing up for employees and letting managers micromanage supervisors.
Productive and fast-paced workplace with very competent employees
Customer Service Sales Consultant Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 10, 2017
A typical work day would be answering 75 or more calls per day assisting customers with establishing new residential, commercial or industrial accounts as well as helping to retain existing customers. I have learned many important skills such as computer, sales and clerical skills. Management was, for the most part, fair and impartial.
The workplace culture was made up of many diverse groups which interacted in a very professional way. The hardest part of my job of my job was maintaining the mentality that the "customer is always right." Even though I did not always agree with the customer's logic, I always had to find a way to satisfy the customer while still generating revenue for the company. The most enjoyable part was knowing that the customer was satisfied and would remain a loyal customer to our company.
Pros
Free lunches, employee benefits and room for advancement
Cons
30 min lunches
Positive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Melrose park IllinoisOctober 6, 2017
The culture was a fast paced call center. Inbound calls coming in to the call queue. Individual metric system was kept by management.The workplace was busy but friendly.
Pros
Helping PeopleProblem Solving
Cons
Sometimes having to de-escalate an unhappy customer
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
The CSR's feel more like a family, yes the call center work is not a "fun" job but your friends make it fun. If you can make it passed the few old people that complain their trash hasn't been picked up by 9AM then you are good to go. great insurance and pay
Good Luck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Ask a lot of questions - Be aware of the answers you are given - you are not to engage with management - Be aware of what you express and any beliefs you have towards all facets of the company and pratcies
Pros
zero
Good place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morocco, INSeptember 28, 2017
Would have retired from there but they relocated to Fisher, In. Room for advancement, great management team, a for real open door policy. Benefits are good, people were great. Can be stressful at times. Your performance is rated constantly but management is there to help you succeed. Overall a fun place to work at and build a career.
Pros
Advancement opportunity, pay, benefits, management and other perks
Cons
They relocated
Fast past and productive environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 25, 2017
The company has great benefits and loves to give employees overtime opportunities when it is necessary. Management is always glad to help when the can.
Republic Services
Customer Service Representative/Agent (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 22, 2017
This was a good position if it did not relocate to Charlotte, NC...The work environment could be better the customer service place could have been maintained better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9