Republic Services Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 212 reviews matching the search See all 1,980 reviews
Republic Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 4, 2018
Another day, another dollar. Working at Republic Services was all fun and and games... literally, there's a game lounge in the area. The workplace environment is fairly good for the most part, there are some weird and pervy folks that work there but, they're easy to spot for the most part.
Very challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 4, 2018
I worked in the call center of Republic Service. I set up new services and canceled old ones. Took payments over the phone and settled disagreements. Received complaints and resolved them.
Pros
set hours Monday-Friday
Cons
High Stress
Fast paced job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morocco, INDecember 3, 2018
A typical day at Republic Services consisted of answering calls and receiving and making payments to the customers account. the most enjoyable part was talking with the customers and the hardest part some days was the call volume.
Pros
Great staff, free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and call volume
Productive and overall good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2018
Republic Services is a good company to work for. I would recommend this company to my family and friends. Great benefits, good pay, and very family oriented.
good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 11, 2018
I have been here over 10 years, happy with job. The work environment is very customer service oriented. Customer service is number 1. We always put customers first.
Be Prepared to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 7, 2018
If you are a quick learner, conscientious about time and performance, this may be a great opportunity for you. Tremendous opportunity for advancement and a fast track for those who meet the mark. That being said; if you arrive late for work, take long lunches and are not ready to give your best - this is not your company.
Pros
Your ability to advance is only hindered by your lack of desire
Cons
Difficult to schedule time off, you do not know what’s available until you request your day. It’s a frustrating guessing game.
Best Work Experience Ever
Residential Dispatcher/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NevadaNovember 5, 2018
I loved working at Republic Services. I really enjoyed working for the company more, when I transferred to the Cheyenne Location. I actually moved up from Customer Service to Residential Dispatcher.
Not for me
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morocco, INOctober 22, 2018
It is a trash call in complaint center and I didn't like answering the phones for old people who weren't happy with a smallest thing. I sis feel the training was sufficient but in the end it wasn't the place for me
Easy job, but angry customers make it hard to deal with
Customer Resource Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
The job itself is easy, but angry/frustrated customers make the job unbearable most of the time. The compensation is low and employees have to apply for government assistance to make ends meet. Overall, its a great job if you really need one. The hours are better than most call centers. It is not the worst job to have, but it takes a lot of patience to deal with 90% furious customers all day.
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule with Overtime offered
Cons
Low pay and poor benefits
Horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 4, 2018
Run as fast as you can away from this horrible company they promote negative behavior and bullying! Company is riddled with discrimination and does not promote from within
Pros
Cons
The whole company
great place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  bridgeton, moSeptember 29, 2018
I only left to go back onto the field I went to school for. they are awesome. they also do several events throughout the year for employees like bbq and a banquet.
Pros
pay, good collaboration with management
Cons
stuck in a cubical
liked it
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I liked working there it was a good job had a good supervisor and a good work enviorenment I would work there agan if given the chance but there customer service dept left houstn
Management is great; They practice Safety First
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Grove, PASeptember 17, 2018
Extremely busy in the call center. The phone rings from 8am to 5pm. You are rated on your Average Speed of Answer, Abandonment/dropped calls and 80% Service Level. The Fuel and Environmental fees are confusing to customers. One is constantly attempting to save accounts from cancelling due to quarterly rate increases. One must have the patience of Job to work in the Call Center.
Benefits
Cons
fast- paced, stressful
I enjoyed working at Republic Services in Fishers Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Republic service, if nit for personal reason I would still be there. My supervisor was very helpful and very helpful. Wush I could go back there.
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncAugust 13, 2018
Would not recommend this position. Too stressful and all about numbers not customer service. Management never there when needed. Too much harassment with no ability to assist customers
Pros
Cons
Stress
clicks among staff
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 11, 2018
this place is all about cliques, it's as though it is a high school and it is everyone for themselves there. The management are split into two cliques, and one group is great, while the other just simply do not care about their staff.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management does not care about the stress there and how it affects the staff
RS recently relocated to a new building, it's very cool...
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2018
The dress code is causal, management is ok, the colleagues are pretty cool (but then again I'm from NYC, so I'm cool and easily make friends). The work culture is cool, management is there to assist you when you need help. RS is a pretty cool and professional place to work. The paid is super decent for the South. Go Get It!!
Pros
The environment is professional
Cons
HR should be more neutral.
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76011July 23, 2018
Company was stressful to work for the manager nor supervisor had alot of knowledge about the department that they were working. The company did not have the satisfy the customer attitude. There were alot of dissatisfied customers that were not being serviced.
Pros
was a job
Cons
stressful
basic work day
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
each day may have something different. There is not a lot of pressure and no micromanaging. Nice place to work if advancing is not high on your list of goals.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
advancment
The only thing nice about this company is the free fruit.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 7, 2018
Where do i start? Once you are out of training, it goes downhill from there! The two girls who are supposedly your trainers DONT help at all. They get the other girls to do their jobs for them. They are very lazy! Management does not stay on one accord. They tell you conflicting information and then when you get a low quality score, they try to act like they provided you with the wrong information! Those of you coming in through a temp agency PLEASE BEWARE! They basically let got of our entire temp class to make room for the new permanent people they hired. They act like they care about their employees while in training but as Nesting is almost over, they drop you like a bad habit. They don’t care that you may have children or a sick relative to care for. All they care about is themselves and clocking out early! Please don’t be fooled people! This is NOT a good company!
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Lazy Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.