Republic Services Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 20, 2018
Great place to work, had a lot of support from my supervisor. They work with you to help you grow and learn to meet their expectations on the job you are doing.
Pros
They responded to annual survey's and worked to fix the issues.
Cons
Pay on the low side but still great company
Run while you can
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
I worked for this company and it was the worst experience I ever had . Management is very unorganized, unprofessional. I overheard a conversation regarding African Americans and braids and tattoos. I went to hr about what I heard and was advised it was a misunderstanding. On top of overworking and lack of advancement. I decided to quit and go to a company and make less pay but appreciated like any hard worker should . Don’t waste your time . The turn over rate is high because of lack of training and mangers . Nice pay but a waste of time!!!
Pros
Cons
Managers
Bad Atmosphere to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 22, 2018
horrible management. never coached and managed out place. do not care about their employees. over-worked and underpaid for the job. management was focused on other things than their employees
Taking temps orders service request
Customer Resource Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Busy call center and taking temps orders starting new resi service and commercial accts as well.
Requesting service for blk items for there homes and exch carts as well
Nice Place but can be unpredictable
Customer Service Consultant/Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
I worked for Republic Services for just over 2 years. In that span, I was tossed between Customer Service, Sales, and Operations. Wherever there was a need I was asked to go fill in. While it was nice to be needed, it made finding a rhythm hard at times.
Proactive in the work plaxe
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 6, 2018
Republic was a fun place to work. I learned a lot about people. The work place culture was mixed. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people. The hardest part of the job was trying to get a customer approved for something that the management was to busy to approve. A typical day would be on the phone taking calls and solving problems.
Pros
awarded for good service
Cons
Healthcare was not good
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36609May 1, 2018
Customer Service, call center.
Answer inbound calls and resolve from residential and commercial customers.
Anywhere from 50 to 65 calls a day from many different areas in the country.
Knowledge in financial, billing, and any other issues customers may need.
Ability to handle basic office equipment and data entry.
Pros
Good Bennefits
Cons
Being Down sized was hard
Allied Waste was bought out by Republic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 29, 2018
Location was very dirty and smelly as it is a dumping station. Very stressful office with phones ringing constantly. Office staff was severely underpaid.
Pros
Majority of people were great to work with.
Cons
Company bought out by Republic.
Attendance
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2018
They change the policy for the attendance in the middle of the year. Setting a lot of people up didn’t care that they told us one thing and changed it. Same with pay they just had different job titles but never increased the pay when they did they just reduced what certain people was doing. Management sucked nobody cares about the employee there no empathy to any situation
Pros
Friendly stuff, nice clean work environment
Cons
Short lunches, poor management
stressful place to work in
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 5, 2018
republic services is a great place to work but they will take advantage of your kindness and use you and promise you promotions and wont happen not much to say.
Pros
free lunches/ benefits
Cons
works you over board and wont pay you what you deserve
Poor management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2018
This company was okay working for until they fired the director tom and then from there it went down hill the management is very poor they base everything on who they like and who they favorite is also they dont give a dam about they employees very poor services for a job
Weekly pay, easy job.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2018
Pay could definitely be higher.I was fortunate to have had two great supervisors when I worked there. Both of whom I kept in touch with when I left. It's an easy Customer Service job, just didn't pay enough for me as a single mom supporting 4 kids.
Small office setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMarch 22, 2018
The company provided lots of hands on training to insure you complete your job accurately and efficiently. The office was small people the staff and management was amazing.
Call center customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 19, 2018
This is a typical call center. However, management is bad with communication. Things change really quickly and it's difficult to know whether you're doing a good job or a bad job. My direct supervisor was great, and did all she could to help.
Pros
free fruit, free coffee
Cons
stressful environment
Depends on who you are
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 15, 2018
If you tell the truth about numbers, they don't like you. It's very political and favoritism is extremely high here. The same rules don't apply to everyone. There's more drama here than high school. You can't trust anyone there. The pay is good but you don't have a life to enjoy it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No life, favoritism, political, untrustworthy, dishonest
Looks good on the outside, has all the buzz words but messed up on the inside!
Customer Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 12, 2018
Started out looking pretty good, similar core values to my own, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful and Relentless, do The Right Thing each and Every Time...that soon disappears and it is all about the "numbers" clocking in/out must be precise even if you are on a long call. There is little to no support from your supervisor except for punishment and negativity. Many customers may have to call in 7-12 times for the same problem and Customer Service keeps just taking the same action again and again expecting different results, customers have been sent to collections due to the companies mistakes not the customer. Customers call to cancel their service and many times it can be 2-6 months later and 7-12 phone calls before the company gets around to it. How hard can it be? This is not a lunar moon shot, it is garbage for crying out loud. Just pick it up and get rid of it. You are rewarded for compliance and time perfection, not doing the right thing at all. We make false promises that are often not kept so the customer feels deceived, but as long as we have a bright and cheery attitude then it is all good. If the CEO is really aware of this very poor customer service and allows it to continue then that does not speak well of his leadership.
Pros
Nice Physical Environment
Cons
Poor Communications, no time for 1:1's or coaching, no opportunity for advancement
No call back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
They are unprofessional glad I am not working for them , they did not have the decency to email or call me to let me know if I did not get the job, if they do this to applicants imagine how they must treat their clients
Stuck
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2018
This company will hire and training all, is great for favoritism, their way or no way if you work in the center.
I am stuck and have to stay. No chance for any advancement.
low to poor management
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL and Elgin ILFebruary 25, 2018
was interviewed in a trailer closet and was not impressed with the work environment next to a shop with a lot of noise and smell from the garbage trucks with cubes that had carpet in them not at all sanitary.
Great Place !
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Loved my time with Republic, wonderful place to work and wonderful co-workers. Was very saddened when they moved their call centers to non-local plants.
Pros
Free food every now and then, timely payment, great people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.