Republic Services Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Great Place !
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Loved my time with Republic, wonderful place to work and wonderful co-workers. Was very saddened when they moved their call centers to non-local plants.
Pros
Free food every now and then, timely payment, great people
Learned a lot
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
my first "real job"... loved it and learned a lot... made some lifetime friends and took away a strong work ethic! times may have changed since I was there, but great for me.
in the beggining great benifits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 5, 2018
when I first started, there was a small amount of employees then as the years went on there was more and more employees hired and we took on more of a work load than we could handle, as the superviser started to have personal problems, the superviser took problems out on the employees. the superviser was great friends with the general manager so there for, the employees had no one to go to and talk too. several employees were so unhappy with the way the company was run that they quit. If you were on the supervisers good side then you were treated well.
Pros
good gettogethers at times
Cons
way to much stress and bullying
Great company and positive work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2018
I believe Republic Services is a great place to work and a great work environment. I really enjoy going into work and working with the peoples I work with. I have learned a lot about the company and about what they do from the inside out. It is a great experience.
Pros
good pay, they do feed you
Cons
hard to advance
Every day was the same but different
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2018
You take 75-100 phone calls mostly from upset people. It was stressful but there were nice people as well. Our manager was great and all managers tried to work together.
non productive workplace
Customer Service Representative/Billing (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Very stressful unstructured work environment. No training involved on new job requirements. High expectations for minimal training. Just thrown into a new situation and had to find out how to process with absolutely no training.
Fun and safe atmosphere
Customer Service Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2018
Time goes very fast, very fast paced, but management is the best, the hardest part is waking up early but the most enjoyable is a fun atmosphere everyone is down to earth
Pros
potlucks
great company
customer service consultant (Current Employee) –  AZJanuary 10, 2018
There are many opportunities for advancement at Republic Services. Interesting work, no chance of being bored, challenges are good, and seeing outcomes creates more motivation.
Pros
advancements, take care of employee's
Cons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work, friendly co workers. Laid back environment. Management appreciated your hard work. Corporate was always willing to listen and follow up on any type of issues/concerns.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long drive
Productive and fun workplace with a foosball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 11, 2017
I have no actual review as I still work there and enjoy the atmosphere. There is plenty of work to do and plenty of opportunities to learn. More opportunities to promote.
Experience differed on who your supervisor was
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2017
My own supervisor was amazing to work for but when a supervisor of different departments tried to step in things could get rocky. My department just had to let it roll off our shoulders.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
Terrible place for enployment unless you like stress everyday
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 27, 2017
qucikly turned into a very streesful days of work. Every day there is change with no correct comunication between the reps and managment, There would be times where the managment could not answer a simple question. Every call is a complaint and or escaltion. the Supervisors will not take the escaltion calls and will sometimes have the customer on hold untill they hang up. This company SUCKS !!!
Pros
45 minute lunch break
Cons
every call is a complaint or escaltion.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
great company to work for with excellent benefits. customers can be cumbersome but its trash and they will get over it. you can only do what you can do. i would go back
Positive experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2017
Was far from home.
My success was based on my performance.
Evaluations and promotions seem to be fair.
Must be ready to listen to people mostly complain, not always.
Overall culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, OROctober 29, 2017
Republic was a great job that required hard work but also was a fun atmosphere. We received food on a weekly basis. My supervisor was the best. I would love to be working there again.
Pros
Fun, hard work, pay and benefits
Cons
It was only temporary
Excellent company
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2017
Excellent compan! Managment is approachable, peers are awesome a very pleasant environment from entry level to re-entering the worforce etc. Republic services is an excellent company
Pros
Pay, Vacation time, Work-balance, Management is awesome
Cons
N/a
Poor Management/Racism
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2017
I don't like management very unprofessional and showed favoritism to other employees. As women of color I always felt very out of place and uncomfortable.
My experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILOctober 25, 2017
I loved working there and was very upset that the department was relocating to a different state. I wish there was a way for me to have a guaranteed position.
Pros
Great General Manager
Cons
some management
Inconsistent
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 23, 2017
With the many changes the call center is experiencing the employees are certainly suffering with the inconsistent expectations set forth to employees. For one training class of 30 plus that all started on the same days, there had to of been 8 different expectations set regarding attendance alone not to mention other factors of the job. Say what you mean and mean what you say and stick to it. Communication is key.
Pros
Starting Pay
Cons
communication
Worst
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2017
The worst place I've ever worked. They are unwilling to work with you , regardless of your home situation. They let management bully you, and HR doesn't work with you for anything.
Pros
You got paid
Cons
The pay was horrible, especially for the environment you had to deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.