Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Its like a marriage thats over only no o e wants to call it.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  MontanaMay 19, 2018
Started out great. Good vibe good people. Started trying to get xtra training,and it never happened. You've got to play along,to get along. The harder you try,the more they push back.show up,shut up,and do your job. People show up,all fired up,to makea differnce,they end up moving on.
Pros
Its great if you want a job
Cons
Its just a job .no advancement
fun place to work
residential helper I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
management suck at this time unorganized and favoritism and being forced to stay out and get the cans unwillingly Chinese overtime you only get or got a raise if you were a favorite
benefits
Cons
chinese overtime
poor corporate management
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MAMay 18, 2018
co hires temps that can not do or meet osha requirements to save money but costs time drivers in time. Has very poor HAR department. Does not accept valid medical leave for employees would rather terminate them
Pros
overtime
Cons
temp help that doesn't know how to do the job
It’s a job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  TXMay 17, 2018
Truck operated slow for over 6 months and never got fixed. Got passed up on a transfer to an employee that was there less time than me. Promises from management that never happens. They just look out for themselves
Pros
Wkends off
Cons
Low pay. No advancement. Management. Low hours
Good job
Sales Retention (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 17, 2018
This was a sales job. Meeting were left to a minimum, which was good. . . . . . The supervisor was nice. The manager was nice. It was a decent place.
Current
Helper (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 17, 2018
Management will tell you what they think you want . Instead of the truth. Will hold you back till it suits them. Refuse to put me in driver seat, and tell me they are working on it
Pros
Good benifits, decent pay
Cons
Bad management, worn out equipment, long hours
Fast paced long days but compensation was fair for production goals.
Roll-off Driver (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 16, 2018
Would be willing to continue to work for Republic. If there are job opportunities available when I move. Mostly work your own route. But the other drivers are more than willing to help if possible. Republic is going to hourly pay instead of production based pay.
Pros
Safety Awards
Cons
Working conditions
Not a easy job
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  BosieMay 16, 2018
They do not treat workers well long hours no thanks for your work low pay raise the crew only cares about themself will not help each other and will get you in trouble if they can to get your spot
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
No life long hours managers do not care about you and how hard you work
You will have ample opportunties to make money
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 16, 2018
Good for income will give you great experience with hostile customers, and how to properly resolve escalated matters. If your not adaptive to change Republic Services will give you that experience...
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
They still need to understand loyalty and service to
Not your typical call center
Bilingual Senior Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 15, 2018
This is not your typical call center it is a great place to work as long as you can stand some angry customers. You're going to find that at every call center but this is hands down the best job I've ever had!
Pros
free lunches, so much OT and great environment
Cons
fixed schedule
Taking temps orders service request
Customer Resource Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 15, 2018
Busy call center and taking temps orders starting new resi service and commercial accts as well.
Requesting service for blk items for there homes and exch carts as well
Productive and fun workplace
Baler Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 15, 2018
I had my time there to learn more skills and knowledge..There's very long hours but it all pays off at thee end,the security there is not that well but overall great job.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun work place
Internship, Controllers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, MIMay 14, 2018
The accounting department was a great fun work environment with great management. The work culture could sometimes get tough when having to interact with other departments.
Fast paced. Nice environment but not enough training
Warehouse / Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 14, 2018
I was only a temporary worker so it is hard for me to be judgmental. I don't have enough time there to make a proper assessment. There seemed to be a friendly atmosphere. There is lots of drivers. I was looking forward to one of those positions, but is unavailable at this time.
Pros
Enjoyed the team atmosphere
Cons
Needed full time, but this was a temporary position
Could be worse, but needs to be FAR better.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2018
My co-workers and current manager are exceptional. My commute is acceptable. My work does not interfere with my life, with the exception of the hours I am there.

Living the Seattle area, there is a 5-7% Cost of Living per annum, and it is increasing year over year. Republic Services just simply will not compensate employees properly, unless you are in a managerial position. Raises are ridiculously pathetic, and upper management is apathetic at best about the situation. When said management laughs in your face about your financial situation, that's not acceptable. Recent management hires from outside of the industry have hurt morale.

This company will use you and your talents, but God forbid if you want to advance, unless you possess a Bachelor's Degree and want to move to Timbuktu. Not only are you treated like a second class citizen, you are lied to about possible promotions.

While this company has provided me a workplace, it has been at the cost of career advancement.
Pros
Beneftis, Co-Workers, Commute
Cons
Inept and ineffectual management. No advancement. Poor compensation.
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 12, 2018
Good place to work your are home every night , decent pay for not being over the road and away from home every night , decent benefits can be Physically demanding
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Weather conditions
great job loved it sad to have been contracted elsewhere
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 11, 2018
I was tasked as being a helper which required me to do the following:get out of the waste truck and pick up the garbage and/ or recycling cans and taking them to the back of the loader where i would operate the machinery to pick up the can and unload all the waste in the particular can.
I was also tasked to pick up garbage in the parking lot that truck drivers would have fall out of their truck.
Pros
great pay great people great job
Helper (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCMay 11, 2018
you have to work long hours. You do not get enough paid vacations. I learned hot to operate the hopper on the back of the truck. The hardest part of the job was the physical labor and the smell.
Not the best option available
Scale Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 11, 2018
They are not the best choice to work for unless you are a driver. They pay minimum wage in Seattle. At lest you are all dressed horribly together in their bad uniforms.
Cons
Ugly uniforms for all employees
Amazing for a call center
Customer Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 11, 2018
I personally struggle at call centers; it is just not the job for me. This company provides an amazing, new facility in Chandler that makes the job more relaxing.
Pros
Amazing new building, insurance
Cons
Too far from my home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.