Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Great people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 4, 2018
This was a fun atmosphere to work in. The people are wonderful and there is plenary of opportunity for advcement if you are interested. This work environment is encouraging and supportive and a team of people working to get a job done.
Pros
People, the job
Cons
The smell of garbage
Operational Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 3, 2018
This is one of the best companies to work at if you wish to find somewhere to get an entry level position and be able to move up quickly. They love to train within.
liked it
Roll off container driver (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 3, 2018
good place to work. good people to work with. they had good equipment to work with and it was maintained well they really care about the employees and their safety
Fast paced and mentally tiring
Special Wastes Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TEXASApril 2, 2018
Do not get me wrong, this is a great job but not a career. If you are management, you will be okay. There seems to be a lot chiefs and not enough Indians. Hourly employees do not have any incentive to move forward or to stay. Republic will squeeze blood from a turnip if you let them. I feel extremely valued by my team but not by my company, if that makes any sense. As an hourly employee your training will be lacking, this is company wide. They will throw you to the wolves and expect you to learn on your own. This isn't so bad if you pick things up quickly, but if you don't... you're, for lack of better terms, S-O-L. Very sink or swim mentality. The company is all about the bottom line which will interfere with your ability to help your customers at times. You will need to look over your shoulder every time you make a decision. There is a lot of seniority here, but it is because people are comfortable and would rather be miserable than start over. THEY DO NOT STAY BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE JOB.
Pros
Benefits are pretty good overall, Management pays well, ect
Cons
Only 3% match on 401k, No incentive for hourly employees, ect.
Great Company
Growth Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 1, 2018
Great mobility with the company in a competitive industry that continues to grow daily. There will always be a great need for the company and it continues to evolve in recycling to improve the environment.
a great place to learn and grow
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 31, 2018
a typical day of work starts at 9:15, for me. Completing data entry as needed, changing rates as promised to specific customers and ensuring all info was correct
Hi stressful company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
The best way to describe the culture is with this saying that's been told to me countless times by many people: Every time you interact with a superior it's like you're interviewing for your current position. This means they are consistently scrutinizing, judging, and putting stress on you.
Pros
Stable industry
Cons
Very good company to work for
OPS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sumner, ILMarch 28, 2018
Good group to work with, you run the routes at your pace, newer trucks, great maintenance team. Never planed on leaving but had to relocate to be closer to my daughter
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Poor management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 27, 2018
This company was okay working for until they fired the director tom and then from there it went down hill the management is very poor they base everything on who they like and who they favorite is also they dont give a dam about they employees very poor services for a job
Weekly pay, easy job.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2018
Pay could definitely be higher.I was fortunate to have had two great supervisors when I worked there. Both of whom I kept in touch with when I left. It's an easy Customer Service job, just didn't pay enough for me as a single mom supporting 4 kids.
hard working
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJMarch 26, 2018
just a typical work day safety is always first and foremost, we worked in any type of weather. must be dedicated to succeed. satisfying your customer is vital to any company
Pros
paid vacations
loved being a thrower
Thrower (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAMarch 24, 2018
Loved working here as a garbage thrower which I did for a short while after the company I worked for sold out to Republic,but in that less then a year I loved working for republic. Always was supplied with a reflective vest,reflective shirt ,uniform,etc. Loved riding on the back step and picking trash up, would love to go back.
Pros
everything
Cons
Service department life . . . .
Level II Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 23, 2018
Some tools such as diagnostic software is not available which can make things very difficult to troubleshoot and diagnose. The service department employees were very willing to help out with all jobs. This is a fleet shop so you will be able to learn about your drivers whom are actually your customers.
Pros
As a tech you will work on all systems on the trucks.
Cons
Sometimes the work load is overwhelming.
you are what you make of it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 23, 2018
Garbage industry is what you make of it. work hard and you will succeed. Be a slacker and you go nowhere. Its hard work some days and easy on others.
Pros
Benefits, job security.
Cons
Family / work strains
Small office setting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXMarch 22, 2018
The company provided lots of hands on training to insure you complete your job accurately and efficiently. The office was small people the staff and management was amazing.
Salesforce Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2018
Balanced work life. Great leadership. My director is my mentor and look upon to him for everything. After a recent re-org we have not had any concerns as they have managed that very well.
Pros
Great leadership. balanced work life
Cons
No cons. Seriously don't know.
Call center customer service.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 19, 2018
This is a typical call center. However, management is bad with communication. Things change really quickly and it's difficult to know whether you're doing a good job or a bad job. My direct supervisor was great, and did all she could to help.
Pros
free fruit, free coffee
Cons
stressful environment
Great place to work!
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93722March 19, 2018
This company takes really good care of its employees. The benefits are really good and the moral of the employees seems to be high. They have great company functions like bbq's and award ceremonies. The swing shift is a little rough for me and my family but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Company functions/free food
Cons
Swing shift and saturday work
Cut throat
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 19, 2018
Upper management sucks. They have no time for you. Tell you to do something one way today and another way tomorrow. Equipment sucks trucks are not safe to be on road but are forced to put them on road anyway. DOT should shut this place down.

Never trust anyone at this company will look you straight in face and lie to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to mention
Very stressful fast paced company.
Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 18, 2018
Working here is very stressful and you do not get paid enough for all the stress and angry customers you deal with on a daily basis. You have to wait 90 days before you receive medical insurance.
Pros
Coffee and fruit is provided
Cons
Not enough pay for all the work you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.