Republic Services Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,958 reviews
good place to work
diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jenison, MIOctober 3, 2018
Good place to work and to make a career. The thing you will have to get use is the smell which can be tolerable. You will defiantly want to have a wide variety of tools including hand and power. Also have a wide variety of sockets from 1/4in to 1/2in and 1/4 to 1-1/2.
Alright company to work for
Residential trash truck driver (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHOctober 3, 2018
Don’t have a accident they wait 5 months to suspend you for it other than that it is not a bad company to work for. Most of their fleet is newer and take care of there trucks
Pros
Buys boots and uniforms
Cons
Work your butt off to get your route done just to go help others
Descent place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2018
Great benefits and pay scale
Easy going shop to work in with little to no pressure
Long process to get hired but worth the wait .
Good pay, good benefits, good people
Collections Analyst/Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Itasca, TX 76055October 2, 2018
There is variety and cross training. Everyone works hard and is talented. Employees take pride in the success of the business. The best part of the job is the pride in our excellence. The worst part is maintaining a united front to customers who have experienced unfair price increases.
Stressful and tiring.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVOctober 1, 2018
The job itself isn't bad once you finally get your paperwork and do your pre-trip. The equipment is not up to par, for example theres no AC in any of the trucks. When something breaks down it never gets fixed.
Republic Experiece
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 1, 2018
My experience with Republic was as a New Business Growth rep. I succeeded in sales skills, but was unhappy with the industry I was in. I wanted to feel more fulfilled in my every day work life and feel like I was helping others and giving back. My reason for leaving was just that, however, I do feel my time there was generally mostly positive in that I learned new skills and grew as a Sales Professional.
Relaxed environment/ very competitive
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MISeptember 30, 2018
Enjoyable, very corporate relationships. Operations oriented and facilitated. Cooperative management and understanding leadership. Unionized environment.
great place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  bridgeton, moSeptember 29, 2018
I only left to go back onto the field I went to school for. they are awesome. they also do several events throughout the year for employees like bbq and a banquet.
Pros
pay, good collaboration with management
Cons
stuck in a cubical
quick summary of current job
Roll Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Pinconning, MI 48650September 29, 2018
Republic services, is a good stepping stone job. But the equipment is junk, 60% of the trucks don't reach the DOT requirements. Sadly to say the only time there is room for advancement is either when someone dies, or gets fired.
Pros
Pizza is provided every friday, they provide boots, gloves
Cons
very unorganized, doesnt provide safe work equipment.
Fun
Front End Loader Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 29, 2018
Fun workplace to work with a lot of issues with in the company , all the equipment is jacked up , lack of communication and i been lied to quite a few times
Pros
Great pay
Cons
They start work at 4am in the morning, since i been there i been lied to quite a few, all the equipment is jacked up, and they still want you to go on your route, lack of communication
Overall a very good place to work and would recommend to others.
Customer Resource Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 28, 2018
My overall experience was a good one, I was with the company for almost 9 years. Worked in management most of my time with them. I worked in a few different departments in customer service. I did not like the way I am leaving the company but I know I left doing and giving my best to make a differences..
Pros
Company does feed you a lot on different occasions, brings in fresh fruit each week and all the free coffee you can drink.
Cons
Training is one of the biggest issues for this company. a very complex business to learn.
Got Our Hopes up
Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 27, 2018
Went in and had a glowing interview. The man was legitimately excited about me as an employee and was waiting for the second interview. Only to get a automated email saying I didn't get the job. We were really excited because they sounded like trustworthy people but I don't recommend fake people.
Republic service is definitely a family company. It was a true pleasure working in that environment.
CALL CENTER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2018
Team players,dedication from all employees, managers were always approachable, open door policy, if the call center closed down, I'd definitely still be there.
Pros
Acknowledgement from supervisors.
Cons
Call center closed down.
50 hours or more per week average pay
Sorter/Unloader (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 27, 2018
Just imagine Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs meets Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. You're surrounded by garbage and you have to separate it by hand as it passes in front of you on a conveyor belt. It gets worse in the summer months.Whatever the temperature is outside it gets worse in the inside. All the warehouse doors remain open to keep fresh air throughthe warehouse.If you are fresh out of jail or new to this country or have no marketable skills they will hire you.
Pros
Health package is decent free lunch every so often
Cons
short break, unhealthy environment dead animals feces bio hazardous waste
It is a steady job
RESIDENTIAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Manistee, MI 49660September 25, 2018
There will always be trash. Once on the road you are on your own which is not bad. But communication is challenging. The weather is is stressful in winter and the trucks don't handle well There are always 5 day work weeks even with holidays it is made up on the following Saturday.
Good Place to Work
Maintenance Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, WASeptember 25, 2018
It is a good place to work with some of the highest pay rates in the area. I would definitely go back to work there if offered a position again in the future.
what I have learned
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PASeptember 25, 2018
Republic states work life balance, but does not follow. Sales Manager not able to do what they were hired to do. No trust in allowing professional sales reps to manage their own customers without input from everyone. Not enough time in work week to accomplish everything that is asked - continued to be asked to complete work that has nothing to do with sales
Easy to catch on too.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 24, 2018
The work was fair. The yard was very big and had a lot of trash. It was my job to pick it up before my shift was over. There were also four other people working with me as well.
Negative Work Environment with Good Pay
Online Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 24, 2018
The only positive part of this company is the pay. The management and coworkers are always negative and don't care about you no matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Good Salary, Good Hours
Cons
Poor Management, No Chance For Advancement
Unknown
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 24, 2018
I can not rate this site as I never worked for Republic Waste. They bought out Allied Waste long after I had left.
Allied Waste was just out for the money not the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.