Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
awesome job
laborer (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 16, 2017
awesome job love the work environment, the bosses always made sure we were good. awesome pay and overtime was always good. the work was tough but it gets easier
No Comment.
Commercial & Residential Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2017
I have no comment regarding my personal experience with any company that I may or may not have been employed by. Personal reviews of employers are often jaded with statements and comments that can not be verified.
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
great company to work for with excellent benefits. customers can be cumbersome but its trash and they will get over it. you can only do what you can do. i would go back
Normul
Welder (Former Employee) –  Barrington, RINovember 14, 2017
Normal , free Lunch , relax , somewhere thats not Ruth ,good friend ship with my Core workers , hippy , help others , Word as a team, Watling to come on Monday.
Not a great place to work
Cart Delivery (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 11, 2017
Bad customer service
Fleet is terrible
Mechanics terrible

Bad bad bad job
Lots of hours and no one wanted to help you, every one for thenselves.
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CANovember 10, 2017
Lots of favoritism, lots of snakes that work there that pose as your friends until something happens, then they act as if they don't know you, And management will lie on you just to cover there own butts. If your looking for a place to work at to be Depressed, miserable, Gossiping, Lazy people, and a cut throat environment then this is your lucky day ? If not then don't apply.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Phony people, liers, lazy, management thats second to Dung.
Great enviroment to work great people. Room to grow
N/A (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2017
Great people great atmosphere everyone treat like family. No bad report......pay is fair. Everyone is fair. Willing to help the next person in need or that doesn't understand something.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Had great time till hickory took over
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCNovember 8, 2017
Was a employee for 10 years in mocksville love the company love the other employees everything was good till hickory took over an the manager there thinks he's better then everyone and the the maintenance supervisor that came from new Bern is really bad I was let go over something that I didn't see the night before was told to train a new guy and get a truck up republic is a good place to work at as long as you are not in the boon mocksville or spruce pine because it's ran by the hickory very bad people
Poor Upper Management
E&P OPS Supervisor-Hauling Department (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 7, 2017
The Company preaches one thing but practices something else. Upper managent is only worried about P/L and does not engage their direct reports. The company is a recent new comer to E&P and is finding out that the oilfield is a different animal than residential waste as it tries to apply its policies and practices to the oil and gas industry.
Pros
Wages are competative
Cons
Long Hours
Overworked
Shop clerk (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDNovember 7, 2017
It was nice working with the mechanics on the trucks and order parts. It was so much paperwork and imputing on the computer I was finding my self behind schedule!
Pros
Awesome Benifits
Cons
Short breaks, not a lot of training

Want to know more about Republic Services?

Ask a question
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2017
drive trucks and pick up garbage dive trough neighborhoods throw trash away and drive the truck back to the company or go and pick up trash from everyone
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 6, 2017
Highly Recommended!
Innovative Company!
Team Work Atmosphere!
Low Turnover and highly engaged employees!
Family Oriented
Wonderful Healthcare
Great Pay
Republic Services
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2017
Republic Services tries to be a quality employer, but compensation, training and opportunities for advancement are weak and could easily be much better.
Sanitation job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day consist of routing and you an a rider completing an assignment of about 800 houses of trash content, Leaned how to deal with some very rude people. I learned how to stay nice. even when they used profanity. I learned to stay nice. Even when it was not your fault they sometimes would treat you bad, but I learned to stay polite. I learned control, Management was fair, to they help us with our jobs, made sure we were good and had what we need to do our job. The hardest part of the job for me was jumping in and out of the truck to pick up garbage. The most enjoyable part of the day was when your route was complete,.
Pros
Good work week
Cons
Labor
San Diego division
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2017
Upper Management was really bad starting from the operations manager on up. They do not care about employees, its all about the bottom line and the morale was bad.
Challenging, fun workplace environment, where you can feel like family and truly a company that cares about you and your family.
Customer Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 4, 2017

I have never worked for a better company in my entire adult life.

I will happy accept another position with this company if ever the chance become available. Best company and employees ever!!!
Hourly co workers are like family
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IANovember 2, 2017
Could be a great place to work if management would listen to employees and take action. Weed out the bad who don’t want to work and keep the good employees happy.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Weak management
Productive and Positive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
My day was at a fast pace and enjoyed working with all of the co-workers. I learned that the Republic is a great place of business.

appreciate their employees
DIESEL MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INNovember 1, 2017
Republic has a lot of incentive programs and do a good job showing appreciation for hard work. They offer competitive wages and benefits. They are a national company and leading the country in paying back to their communities and sales.
Positive experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2017
Was far from home.
My success was based on my performance.
Evaluations and promotions seem to be fair.
Must be ready to listen to people mostly complain, not always.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9