Republic Services Employee Reviews

Not for everyone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MISeptember 9, 2018
MOST of the management and co-workers are friendly and are willing to help you if you need it. The pay is reasonable for the job if you have work to do for the day. If you dont have work in your route for the day you will be expected to run a truck that isn't roadworthy and get stuck doing whatever nobody else wants to do and if you don't want to do that they will let you go home but they will take your personal and vacation time for doing so. It's not the worst place I've worked but certainly not the best either. If your for the worker more than the corporation you probably wouldn't enjoy working here.
Pros
1/2hr lunch and you are able to run your route in a sequence that works for you.
Cons
Way to much paperwork, supervision has favorites and shows it, maintenance and truck repair is bare minimal, a few trucks that need to be put out of commission, #'s are looked at more than route complications and facts.
Needs improvement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  California Los AngelesSeptember 9, 2018
Training, communication, accountability needs to improve overall from leadership. Structure on work processes within departments has too many gray areas and accountability amongst departments specially with operations is not reliable.
Better Leadership is needed
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
Each location is dynamic and has it's own culture. However, when implementing different policies and procedures, the Leaders don't do well with the "Sniff Test". Many don't fly low enough to find out the impact it will have on employees before implementing. Change is inevitable and will happen, but your most important component in any organization is your people. You have to understand some of the negative aspects some of the change will have and attempt to eliminate as many issues as you can before they arise.
Republic doesn't do that, then questions why turnover in certain markets is so high.
Communication is key and "we" do a poor job of communicating change effectively.
Pros
Pretty Stable
Cons
Too many outside hires who don't last
bad place to work
roll off driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2018
lucky if your truck makes out of the yard.couldnt trust other drivers.very bad management.if you were a supervisors bff things were sweet but if you did your job and stayed by yourself things were not so sweet
I enjoyed working at Republic Services in Fishers Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Republic service, if nit for personal reason I would still be there. My supervisor was very helpful and very helpful. Wush I could go back there.
Dispatch/Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Marks, MSSeptember 5, 2018
Perfect working conditions, pay not sufficient for my expenses. Great work environment. No hassles. Fast pace, behind the scenes. Employee relations are exceptional and paid holidays help keep stress levels down.
Fun work placement
trash man (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDSeptember 5, 2018
Fun work place
Learn a lot
Meet new people
Every day is different
Manegers are great
Coworkers are great
Company is great to work for
I in joy learning the trucks
Could be a good place to work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
At times this place could be a great place to work with great people to work with but at times it seems that management and corporate were seriously out of touch in how what they did effected the people in the field.
Great Place to Follow Your Dreams
Lead Sanitation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CASeptember 5, 2018
This place is magical. I regret leaving this place. The job culture is upbeat and positive. Management was attentive, available, and supportive. I wish I could go back.
Great company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This is a great company to work for. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company. They also have great benefits. Also, there is a lot of opportunity for professional development.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2018
Must be on time, willing to learn, fast paced, willing to work overtime, be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, must be willing to work weekends if needed.
Good Company to work for
Fleet Administrator / Operations /Accounts (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 2, 2018
team environment
pays fairly
good benefits including, health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k,etc
good training processes
open dialog among departments
Change in management hard to follow.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 2, 2018
New management has been put into place. The management above has threatened the lower managements jobs. They are creating a culture of structure. The company is trying to standardize it self across the nation. The hardest part of the job is trying to get enough information on what the new directive is. Communication is lacking with the new plans that are rolled out. I like the employees that I work with.
Pros
reasonable health insurance. retirement
Cons
long hours. need enough employees to do the job properly.
PM Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Great job to have. Work is meaningful and fast paced at times. Managers pay close attention to their employees needs. Assistance is always available when needed.
Run
Driver (Former Employee) –  MIAugust 31, 2018
Run away as fast as you can, management is absolutely terrible, they like to tell you want you want to hear, no consideration on ideas to make it better, zero incentive to work hard, reward you with more work after your route is done.
Cons
Work hard and you can go places
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Republic Services is a great place to work. If you can show up on time, be safe, have a great attitude, and do your job, you can move up in the company.
Pros
Upward mobility and nationwide locations
Cons
Working around the holidays
Very stressful
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOAugust 29, 2018
Management is very rude. Everything they have to say to you is a threat and what the consequences of your actions will be. Management has very bad attitudes. No room to advance in the company unless your on of the chosen ones.
Pros
Cons
No time to take a lunch always hurry hurry hurry
could be better
Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2018
fast paced, get the job done, hurry up but slow down...

management could be better.

for a place that stressed safety and following the rules is a must, they talked the talk but rarely enforced.

you write your truck up for repair and it might get fixed...but 90% of the time someone just signs off as 'safe to operate' and they never touch it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lazy shop, lackluster management
Bad management
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 29, 2018
What I was told when I hired in and what was real was totally different. The manager was complete anel oraface with no positive feedback at all. This was the worst job EVER
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
The worst job EVER
The Itasca division of repubic services .s a well maintand easy going but demanding job wear you make it what you want. the more you give moreyouget
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, TXAugust 28, 2018
I love working there Im an important individual that has earned the respect that I have and give. I help as much as I can in every aspect of the job,I like and enjoy the challenges that I face and usually overcome. Republic Services is a great company. or what I say
"Cleaning the world one day at a time!"
Pros
Provide you with all u will need
Cons
weather, unrualy costamers, the hazards of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.