Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Good place to be jerked around
driver (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJune 1, 2018
Will try to get you to do residential route no matter what you apply for. Unreasonable workloads and hours expected of you. Junk trucks, if they had any in working order.
Pros
Cons
unrealistic workloads, overworked, deceptive managers
Management does not understand the drivers' job
CDL Class B Trash Collector (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJune 1, 2018
Management is currently being held captive by the transfer station employees who have threatened to go Union, but have temporarily re sent their cards in order to get what they want.

Management lacks understanding of the day to day operations of the drivers.

The workloads for employees are incredibly biased and unequal.
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
not equal
learning
mechanic B (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2018
Over period of 3 years had the privilege to learn in a field that continuously experience new issues most electrical.
Great people to work together as a team towards maintaining a fleet of over 150 trucks.
Enjoyable workplace
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 30, 2018
If you can get past the lack of training, it is a wonderful place to work. Very fast paced job. Management is not the greatest there. Lots of corporate structure.
Pros
You can transfer with in the company
Cons
lack of management leadership
Long Hours, Stressful
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 29, 2018
Long Hours and high stress job. Low moral at our division. Very demanding. Not much supporting help. Nobody to fill in when you take time off. You felt as if you could not leave early or take time off because the job would not get done.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful, not compensated the same for vacation, too demanding
Run while you can
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2018
I worked for this company and it was the worst experience I ever had . Management is very unorganized, unprofessional. I overheard a conversation regarding African Americans and braids and tattoos. I went to hr about what I heard and was advised it was a misunderstanding. On top of overworking and lack of advancement. I decided to quit and go to a company and make less pay but appreciated like any hard worker should . Don’t waste your time . The turn over rate is high because of lack of training and mangers . Nice pay but a waste of time!!!
Pros
Cons
Managers
Fast Paced Environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 28, 2018
1. A typical day at work is non stop
2. I have learned a lot
3. Mangement is good
4. Workplace culture is fun
5. The hardest part of the job is working in the heat
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on my own
Pros
On your own
Cons
Working in the heat
Fast Paced
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Kenmore, NYMay 28, 2018
Great place to work if you life a fast paced environment. Very relaxed atmosphere to the point of being able to listen to music on headphones while working. Once a month they have a free cookout for lunch involving hotdogs and hamburgers with a few sides.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Contract too short
Customer Relations Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2018
With only a few exceptions at this large company, the managers and employees were very fun to work with.

I built relationships with really hundreds of employees, including drivers and inside customer service representatives. Also, the team of managers, of which I belonged. Had dozens of good relationships with a large client base, as well.

Good culture for the most part. I learned how to lead and take responsibility under the tutelage of a couple of very strong area presidents.

I held several positions, so it is difficult to say how a typical day went.
Pros
Presidents and other superiors trained me, then allowed me to manage successfully
Cons
Only a couple of negative experiences with higher ups...for the most part a good career.
Run Forrest Gump...Run
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
I felt like this is where my career went to die. You have to be in the 'click' to get advanced, otherwise you are a pawn for the management to play with for their amusement and political power. Your experience here will depend greatly by what your position is in this company and who you report to, but I wont risk it taking a job here in hope you win that lottery.
Pros
None but a paycheck
Cons
Cut throat, Favortism, long hours, lack of advancement
productive
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2018
it was job working outside with trash was dirty job could be dangerous had to pay attention trucks were always coming through had to be careful constant movement
Pros
free gifts
Cons
dirty job
great benefits
Growth/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2018
Republic is a good company for the right person they are good to their employees for the most part, but overlook the talents in their employees especially in sales, growth and account management.
Good place to grow
Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 24, 2018
Provides good opportunities to learn and grow.
Meetings are quite helpful to understand the complex working environment provided the effort is made to learn.
Management at the Yorktown location treats workers like children
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic B (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAMay 24, 2018
Plagued with bad management decisions followed by blaming employees for failures to plan and address known problems. It takes very thick skin to survive at the Yorktown location. I made it a year and a half until I lost my temper and said somethings that cost me my job for yelling at a supervisor / insubordination.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Wont provide training to keep techs current on new technology
laid back but hard work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2018
not a bad gig, jus be on time and dont get caught doing dirt. make sure you keep up with the season and do your job. they will do their best to take care of you as long as youre compliant
Bad Atmosphere to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 22, 2018
horrible management. never coached and managed out place. do not care about their employees. over-worked and underpaid for the job. management was focused on other things than their employees
Great place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2018
If the local call center was still open I would still be working for the company. There was great teamwork and communication in the workplace. I enjoyed dealing with my customers and coworkers.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
N/a
Its like a marriage thats over only no o e wants to call it.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  MontanaMay 19, 2018
Started out great. Good vibe good people. Started trying to get xtra training,and it never happened. You've got to play along,to get along. The harder you try,the more they push back.show up,shut up,and do your job. People show up,all fired up,to makea differnce,they end up moving on.
Pros
Its great if you want a job
Cons
Its just a job .no advancement
fun place to work
residential helper I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
management suck at this time unorganized and favoritism and being forced to stay out and get the cans unwillingly Chinese overtime you only get or got a raise if you were a favorite
benefits
Cons
chinese overtime
poor corporate management
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MAMay 18, 2018
co hires temps that can not do or meet osha requirements to save money but costs time drivers in time. Has very poor HAR department. Does not accept valid medical leave for employees would rather terminate them
Pros
overtime
Cons
temp help that doesn't know how to do the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.