Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Awesome job, great pay and benefits
Customer Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 23, 2018
Awesome job, great pay and benefits
Very busy call center
Management needed better management skills
Every call is different
Extensive training
Very nice facility
Pros
Fresh fruit, coffee, tea and hot chocolate provided
Cons
Overwhelming amount of calls, disgruntled customers and management was unknowlegeable
Poor management, lots of favoritism, bullying.
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The worse management ive ever worked for in my life. Lots of favoritism, micro managing, hostile environment. Once they know they want to get rid of you, management sets you up to fail by giving you a bigger work load than you can handle and once you start complaining and find your weaknesses they find ways to write you up until they can terminate you to find another monkey they can do the same to. New sales manager is a complete ignorant and new to the industry, so all he does is micro manage to feel “like the boss” avoid this company unless it’s your only option.
Pros
Stable pay check.
Cons
Mediocre management, hostile environment, lots of bullying and harassment.
Great Place !
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Telford, PAFebruary 23, 2018
Loved my time with Republic, wonderful place to work and wonderful co-workers. Was very saddened when they moved their call centers to non-local plants.
Pros
Free food every now and then, timely payment, great people
Fast paced
Residential driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 22, 2018
This can be a great job as long as the weather is nice and the trucks run properly. 50 to 56 hrs a week. Most of the trucks are automatic transmission
Non fun or productive work place
Sorter/Packer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2018
To much stress not enough money.someone always yells at you.work hard for nothingthey treat there workers like trash.and the work you so hard for little to no pay.
production
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 21, 2018
I really did enjoy working at this place I learned a lot about sanitation and there is quick advancement if you apply yourself.I used to love when they paid for torness.
Pros
work at your pace
Cons
the winter
Sales
Recycling Representative (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Over the years the position changed and the job required more and the company wasnt willing to pay for extra job duties. Stressful at times and long days. Some evening events.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
No advancement
Average
Rural trash collector (Former Employee) –  Dixon, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Poor leadership in upper management. I enjoyed speaking with the customers on my route. I enjoyed working outside, with little supervision relying on my skills as an operator and common sense.
Great Place to Work
Scale Operator Full-Time Temporary (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, IL 62025February 19, 2018
Great pay and great benefits. Unfortunately the job was only temporary. I would recommend Republic Services to anyone who is considering them. Highly Recomended!!
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
My position was temporary.
Great Company
Roll-Off Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Most days are not bad. Rolloff drivers are not really stressed. If you like to drive then this place is for you. No long drives. Huge company, great benefits.
It's a job
CDL Class B Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Fast Pace job benefits are good money is decent but management is very poor and does not help often company does not care about their employees.. lack of equipment
Driver (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 17, 2018
Paid a decent salary equipment and the people were courteous and nice what conditions was good overall driver for the company was pretty good would recommend a job in anyone
Overtime good, life none
Full-Time Dispatcher / Temp (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAFebruary 16, 2018
No life in there your a slave to that job. One day off, management very unorganized. Training is very bad. Over time is good. They didnt trained me well I had it to learn on my own. Theirs no communication there.
Pros
over time
Cons
no life
Fast paced
Data Entry Specialist/Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 14, 2018
 Manage a team of employees assigned to me

 Deal with escalated customer issues by person and over the phone

 Excellent Data entry skills

 Process special projects as assigned
Pros
there is always overtime available
Cons
at times can be overworked for pay rate
Fast paced but low key
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 14, 2018
Fast paced environment getting trucks out to vendors and clients jog was too big or small. Environment can be loud so distraction can occur if not focused. Management was low key and and never micro managed as long as project and or job was competed was left alone to do your job. The enjoyable was causal dress code and most had a laid back attitude.
Pros
dress was casual
Cons
was hard to transfer to another department
Stressful
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 14, 2018
Not much fun or knowledge . Out of touch with division needs. He has no idea of the needs of the operation. They try but not enough on site. He lacking knowledge of employee make up
Great Company
Sales Representative - Growth (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIFebruary 13, 2018
Easy to work for, new people, pay is reasonable, low stress and good benefits. Culture is rough and people need to be managed. Its an easy job if you follow the rules.
Learned a lot
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
my first "real job"... loved it and learned a lot... made some lifetime friends and took away a strong work ethic! times may have changed since I was there, but great for me.
Fast paced and challenging job
SCALE CLERK/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 12, 2018
I love a challenge and this job gave me that and more. I worked anywhere from 40-55 hours a week and very rarely did we have slow time. It made the day go faster. Typical day started at 6 am and ended at 4 pm. It would start with weighing the refuse trucks from the company and then open at 7 am for the public and contractors. I loved interacting with the employees and the customers on a daily basis. it was a friendly atmosphere until the company was bought out and new management took over. They started downsizing and replacing with their people, benefits changed, rules changed and that happy atmosphere went away as well. People were quick to throw others under the bus to save their own jobs. That was the hardest part of my job actually was watching the change take over and it was definitely not for the good.
Pros
the friendliness of the customers and the employees
Cons
management and treatment of employees
Well paid poor management
Class B CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2018
I only went back here because they bought my company out the pay was very well but I believe it’s a very stressful work environment which to me causes unsafe work environment you are paid by can so you have to chase the cans in order to make money management among supervisors and operations mngr were poor to say the least they micro manage and it’s always the drivers fault the superviser I had seemed very happy when he got to write you up money benefits good driver turn around probably around 78% because of poor management
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.