PwC Employee Reviews

Found 63 reviews matching the search See all 6,511 reviews
Great teamwork and supervision
Project Assistant (Temp Staff) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 2, 2019
Working together towards a common goal in a huge project involving authorities and 140 Financial Institutions was the most valuable and enjoyable part of the job. Everyone was amazing, focused and helpful regardless of which position they were in. Although the work life balance is not exactly fantastic, especially for permanent staff, everyone takes pride in their work and contributes to the best of their ability.

Having to work till midnight on certain days in order to hit milestones and be on track was the hardest part of the job, but was still definitely enjoyable as we knew that we were not alone. As I was still an associate, meaning that I did not have prior knowledge or experience on the job when I first joined, the managers in the team were very welcoming and would take their time to explain certain ambiguous parts of the project to me. They would tell me what I can do better and allow me to participate in many activities with high responsibility. Placing their trust and patience in me was something I was extremely grateful for.
Pros
Friday Partner Snacks
Cons
Long Hours, Slighty poor working rates/pay
Young dynamic work place
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 25, 2019
I had great industry exposure and received good coaching to develop technical and soft skills. I enjoyed the collaborative culture in the firm where everyone was willing to take time to support those in need.
Excellent
Global Structuring Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 2, 2019
I learnt a lot during my internship and also got to polish my skills and knowledge as per the industry requirements. The work culture at PwC is great, they believe in getting the work done at the employees ease and hard work is rewarded.
Drive your own career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Singapore, SGDecember 5, 2018
There are just 2 parts to the job - selling projects & executing projects. The learning experience for both is phenomenal at PwC Singapore. The firm provides excellent exposure across functions, across industries.
The AM practice in PwC SG FSA
Financial Services Assurance Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 9, 2018
Rifled with politics from manager level onwards.

Fantastic place to be as an associate to senior associate, unless you are unfortunate enough to land a couple of small assignments that would make following up on a real headache made worse by some managers who are very poor in planning resources for these jobs
Pros
The name of PwC
Cons
Culture getting worse each year
High stress, low reward, low satisfaction
Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictAugust 20, 2018
The horror stories that you hear about audit are real. It's a good place to learn but you need to be able to survive with little sleep, the occasional micromanaging boss, and really nasty clients.
Pros
Sometimes great people
Cons
Really Long hours
Financial Assurance Intern
Financial Services Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 7, 2018
My internship lasted for 3 months during summer. I was attached to various project groups, rotating amongst different companies within the Financial Services department.
Pros
Job security
good culture and workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 24, 2018
Be prepared mentally and physically to face the challenges.
Management are technically well versed.
Lots of exposure so long as you are willing to learn.
Excellent workplace to work for
AUDIT ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 4, 2018
Excellent workplace to work for, especially for fresh graduate. In PwC, we have a coaching culture in place. When you are in doubt of your career path, you are feel free to consult your manager or even the partner, they are willing to help you.
A great stepping stone
Manager, Assurance (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 24, 2018
Flexible working hours and able to flex dress. Understanding bosses. Ample opportunities and challenges. Good camaraderie built. International Company.
Strong coaching culture through challenging assignments
Assistant Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2018
As an external auditor, a typical assignment commences by having a team meeting with my managers and seniors. Allocation of sections of the financial statements will then be done and we will start on the job when we reach the client's office.
As an assistant associate, the sections I handled were more straightforward, although equally tedious and required good knowledge and judgement of the fundamentals of accounting.
Despite having a heavy workload on their part, my managers and seniors were always quick to guide me whenever I faced difficulties or had any doubts about my own judgement. Generally, the coaching culture shined through the difficulties we faced as a team.
The hardest part of the job that required perseverance was definitely the tight deadlines and insanely long working hours. Though it was tough, the more enjoyable days were the ones I conquered together with my team.
Pros
Steep learning culture
Cons
Long working hours
Nicest people
General Assurance Senior Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 28, 2018
for audit, probably the best experience you can get. people generally try to support you. but you must be smart and manage ur schedule well. people skills are very important
Good seniors, but bad work life balance
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  CBDFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day at work for an associate involves auditing the financial statement line items you are involved in, and assisting your seniors and team leaders wherever they need. I am fortunate to have met many seniors and managers who are willing to coach, and teach. However, such people inevitably leave over time due to the nature of the job which demands much time and effort - you are required to work long hours for complete jobs, usually with tight deadlines - rinse and repeat for each client beyond what we deemed as peak period. Upper management needs to learn to appreciate their staff and be willing to groom. Tone at the top needs improvement before it can waterfall down to the lower levels - where the workerbees are.
Pros
Everyone is around your age!
Fun while it lasted
Vacation Trainee (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictJanuary 30, 2018
The associates there are very patient at guiding interns on how to perform the tasks at hand. Once competent, maximum trust is given to guide fellow interns.
Fun workplace
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 6, 2018
PwC was a fun workplace to be in, however as part timers, the amount of work as well as information i was able to handle was limited severly. Migration of machines was done through a ghost script, thus it doesn't give me any opportunity for learning.
Pros
Simple task, confidence in troubleshooting end users machines increased
Cons
Not much growth and learning opportunity
Great place to start your career
Associate, Risk Assurance (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 2, 2018
I got the job after completing my internship here. Great bosses, smart colleagues and meaningful jobs (if you are lucky). Couldn't ask for a better place to kick start your career.
Pros
Great bosses, smart colleagues and meaningful jobs
Cons
Can be difficult to change job exposures once you are doing something for a long time
Learning to priorise
Manager (Current Employee) –  RafflesNovember 5, 2017
It is a good place to start for grads, as you will learn how to manage stress and workload through the years (definitely faster than peers in commercial).
Nonetheless, it is really about achieving a balance and knowing what is more important as it is difficult to achieve work life balance.

Flexi space and time policy do make up for the balance a little. But the stress from the massive workload is definitely something that one will need to learn how to cope with.
Pros
Flexi space and time, learning value
Cons
Stress filled, long hours. no work-life balance
Great workplace to build foundation
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Central Business DistrictOctober 25, 2017
Overall environment of the company:
- Coaching culture
- The leaders that will lead by example
- The Company that will appreciate staff
- The people in the Company are very approachable.
Definitely a great workplace to build our foundations.
fun, friendly colleagues
Tax Financial Services, Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 24, 2017
good coaching, friendly colleagues. team is helpful and generally good welfare. good exposure to large variety of clients. long hours periodically during peak.
big 4 accounting firm
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  raffles placeOctober 23, 2017
no typical day. usually start work at 9am and end work at 8 or 9pm.
learned to work as a team.
strong management team.
good workplace culture.
hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K