PwC Employee Reviews

Found 72 reviews matching the search See all 7,249 reviews
Na
Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Marina BayNovember 24, 2019
Good culture good management good colleagues good working environment flexible time nice food good bosses good laptop good phone good team good manager
Young workforce but unhealthy culture
Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 2, 2019
There are more silos than teams in the organisation. Unhealthy gossip and competition within groups. Good stepping stone for young graduates nonetheless.
Safe environment to be in
Administrative assistant -Global Mobility Service (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 29, 2019
Typically during the day, we would reach out to the employees of the client to help them get their work permit.
I have learnt how to be confident in myself by liaising with the employees to get their work passes and learnt how to draft an email professionally.
Overall, the workplace culture is very nice to be in and the managers are super friendly and approachable.
Te hardest part of the job is definitely the case load as we would have to handle a large amount of employees within the 8 hours that we have at work resulting in us having to OT almost every day.
The enjoyable part about the job is that i get to know the administrators and the employees thanking you for the service you have given them.
Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 17, 2019
Learning opportunity here is very high. Everyday is a new day to learn new things.

Hours are long and can be demanding. Culture is great, it all depends on luck on who you work for and what are you assigned to.
EPC Practice
Manager (Strategy Implementation) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 22, 2019
Was brought in to the EPC (entrepreneur and Private Clients) department as part of the strategy team but the partner in charge decided to put me at the mercy of his junior staff because he had a bad review from the whole team. Was not given the chance to integrate properly into the team and not fully utilized.

The whole EPC department was also isolated and prevented from interacting with the other departments as the partner was afraid for his reputation. Coupled with his anger management issues (higher management knew about this and tried to get him to attend outside help to resolve this but he declined according to HR). Sexist jokes and screaming is a common occurrence with this partner resulting in a revolving door of employees.

PwC is a great place to work with many learning opportunities, just do not apply for the EPC department; the partner will never allow you to transfer to other departments so leaving his practice would effectively mean leaving PwC for good.
Pros
friendly and helpful colleagues
Cons
narcissistic partner in charge
Fun and vibrant work place
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeMay 30, 2019
- Good learning curve
- Mentoring culture
- Equal opportunities
- Good teamwork and supportive culture
- Fun, youthful and positive vibes
- Flexibility
Great environment to learn and work
Intern, Technology Consulting (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 19, 2019
Fast-paced, motivated. I love the energetic environment and the people who are always ready to help. Great place to learn in. Encourages a diverse culture.
challenging, tiring but help you grow very fast
Senior Associate, General Assurance (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 24, 2019
Promotion in PwC is more like yearly. They have different responsibilities for each level that you need to fulfill. Therefore, you will have a great opportunity to get in touch with different things and have takeaways every day. And it might be challenging for some people who need a better work-life balance & a more chill working style.
Great teamwork and supervision
Project Assistant (Temp Staff) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 2, 2019
Working together towards a common goal in a huge project involving authorities and 140 Financial Institutions was the most valuable and enjoyable part of the job. Everyone was amazing, focused and helpful regardless of which position they were in. Although the work life balance is not exactly fantastic, especially for permanent staff, everyone takes pride in their work and contributes to the best of their ability.

Having to work till midnight on certain days in order to hit milestones and be on track was the hardest part of the job, but was still definitely enjoyable as we knew that we were not alone. As I was still an associate, meaning that I did not have prior knowledge or experience on the job when I first joined, the managers in the team were very welcoming and would take their time to explain certain ambiguous parts of the project to me. They would tell me what I can do better and allow me to participate in many activities with high responsibility. Placing their trust and patience in me was something I was extremely grateful for.
Pros
Friday Partner Snacks
Cons
Long Hours, Slighty poor working rates/pay
Young dynamic work place
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 25, 2019
I had great industry exposure and received good coaching to develop technical and soft skills. I enjoyed the collaborative culture in the firm where everyone was willing to take time to support those in need.
Excellent
Global Structuring Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 2, 2019
I learnt a lot during my internship and also got to polish my skills and knowledge as per the industry requirements. The work culture at PwC is great, they believe in getting the work done at the employees ease and hard work is rewarded.
Drive your own career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Singapore, SGDecember 5, 2018
There are just 2 parts to the job - selling projects & executing projects. The learning experience for both is phenomenal at PwC Singapore. The firm provides excellent exposure across functions, across industries.
The AM practice in PwC SG FSA
Financial Services Assurance Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 9, 2018
Rifled with politics from manager level onwards.

Fantastic place to be as an associate to senior associate, unless you are unfortunate enough to land a couple of small assignments that would make following up on a real headache made worse by some managers who are very poor in planning resources for these jobs
Pros
The name of PwC
Cons
Culture getting worse each year
High stress, low reward, low satisfaction
Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictAugust 20, 2018
The horror stories that you hear about audit are real. It's a good place to learn but you need to be able to survive with little sleep, the occasional micromanaging boss, and really nasty clients.
Pros
Sometimes great people
Cons
Really Long hours
Financial Assurance Intern
Financial Services Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 7, 2018
My internship lasted for 3 months during summer. I was attached to various project groups, rotating amongst different companies within the Financial Services department.
Pros
Job security
good culture and workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 24, 2018
Be prepared mentally and physically to face the challenges.
Management are technically well versed.
Lots of exposure so long as you are willing to learn.
Excellent workplace to work for
AUDIT ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 4, 2018
Excellent workplace to work for, especially for fresh graduate. In PwC, we have a coaching culture in place. When you are in doubt of your career path, you are feel free to consult your manager or even the partner, they are willing to help you.
A great stepping stone
Manager, Assurance (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 24, 2018
Flexible working hours and able to flex dress. Understanding bosses. Ample opportunities and challenges. Good camaraderie built. International Company.
Strong coaching culture through challenging assignments
Assistant Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2018
As an external auditor, a typical assignment commences by having a team meeting with my managers and seniors. Allocation of sections of the financial statements will then be done and we will start on the job when we reach the client's office.
As an assistant associate, the sections I handled were more straightforward, although equally tedious and required good knowledge and judgement of the fundamentals of accounting.
Despite having a heavy workload on their part, my managers and seniors were always quick to guide me whenever I faced difficulties or had any doubts about my own judgement. Generally, the coaching culture shined through the difficulties we faced as a team.
The hardest part of the job that required perseverance was definitely the tight deadlines and insanely long working hours. Though it was tough, the more enjoyable days were the ones I conquered together with my team.
Pros
Steep learning culture
Cons
Long working hours
Nicest people
General Assurance Senior Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 28, 2018
for audit, probably the best experience you can get. people generally try to support you. but you must be smart and manage ur schedule well. people skills are very important

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K