Prudential Assurance Employee Reviews

FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  BugisNovember 13, 2019
Management in the company isn’t doing the job & only wants to leech on the referral fee. However, from all of the these lessons learnt, I have learn on how to work independently without the help of management.
A career to discover yourself
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 22, 2019
Typical Day:
Prospecting, following up, securing appointments and meeting clients all the time.

Learned:
Learning how to handle rejection is a good thing.
Being passionate in what you can do and offer it ethically and professionally.

Management/culture:
Really depends on the group you joining, observe the company for at least 3 months before joining.

Hardest Part:
Your supervisor don't motivate you when your numbers are down and not getting sales.

Enjoyable:
Your team mates will encourage you and share their experiences.
You get to help under privileged families and individuals with their financial decisions.
Pros
Improves your soft skills exponentially
Cons
Need to grind building networks and repo with clients
workplace for people who are hardworking for money incentives
International Business Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 10, 2019
Working experience differs a lot across different agency teams. Smaller team brings little sense of belonging to the mother company, and the prospecting activities that are potential to be carried out are much less than the larger teams.

Incentives for consultants are a lot, but generally only for those who do well. Then better you do the more incentive reward you get, and the worse you do, the more distant you feel about the connection with the company. FCs are not employees of the company, therefore no employee insurance benefits at all.
Tremendous trainings and supports from the company and unlimited opportunity to make good money.
Executive Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 27, 2019
Prudential Assurance Singapore is a leading edge company which focuses on IT development, they invest in their people by splurge inventive as rewards after hard work.

I learned that we need to tap on the current market needs and generation desire what attracts and motivate them, be it the employee and the clients of the company.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential
Cons
Long hours working
Very challenging workplace
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 25, 2019
When I first joined the industry at the start, there were many people who questioned my decision to become a financial advisor. Then I realised that many of these negatives were not about me as a person, rather, they were due to the nature of perception that people had about the profession. Hardest part of the job is to gain the clients' trust as we are tasked to handle their financial for a long time in most cases. I enjoy constantly upgrading in my overall interpersonal skills, strategies and knowledge of the market and also learning of the nature of people in general. I ultimately left because I realize my passion wasn't in this field, however I greatly appreciate the experience that I had learnt during my tenure here.
Forward looking and Dynamic
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 7, 2019
The greatest satisfaction in the job was to be able to help clients preserve their wealth and grow with them over the years.

The hardest part of the job comes from the enormous amount of rejections on a daily basis. It can be a lonely journey and requires a lot of self-motivation and drive to keep going every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, educating and sharing of information with people.
Cons
Challenging market
Was a great place to have internship
Marketing Intern (Product Management Department) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 27, 2019
Great team, great supervisors, awesome pantry with great food, great ambience, work can be repetitive. Can have more stabilized working structure, where the turnover rate is currently pretty high.
Seniors and managers are mostly helpful
Financial consultant (Current Employee) –  NewtonJanuary 3, 2019
Management is ok. But there is unneccessary verbal attacks and ostracize from peers as job is somewhat self-employed, makes it(working) uncomfortable.
Pros
Friendly managers, good coffee.
Cons
Politics(in somewhat self-employed jobs)
Fast growing technology
Senior Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 14, 2018
More work on after office hours and weekend. No planning for projects and changes. All sudden changes and not think about the employees work overload.
Pros
Free fruits
Cons
No Work / Life balance
Dynamic environment
Manpower Ops Associate (Former Employee) –  NewtonNovember 13, 2018
The age groups of employees are dynamic. Well-balanced work and life. Every department was given budget to have a department team-building. A typical day at work would include follow-ups with referrals and reviewing of applications. During peak season, new candidate briefings are frequent.
Good for sales & people orientated individuals
Just your basic consultant (Current Employee) –  NewtonOctober 1, 2018
If you are an outgoing and sales orientated person this will be a place for you.

The more enjoyable part of the job would be if you reach a certain target the company is very generous to provide incentive from cash to gadgets to holidays for you free.

Choosing the right team and environment to work with is very important, too.
Pros
Literally free lunch from time to time
Cons
If you are new and do not have a network, it would be hard work.
Excellent learning opportunity
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  NewtonJuly 26, 2018
Learning focused on the general and product knowledge of the mass market financial products; social skills, communication, pitching and presentation skills
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardJune 28, 2018
Job responsibilities:
o Preparation of letters Hospital and private clinics to request medical report
o For clients who would like to claim medical fees for their medical
It is a fun place and we share a lot of cases and experiences.
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  NewtonJune 7, 2018
Prudential provides a lot of training not only of the products but also the selling, the ethics, culture etc.

Many avenues are open to us to check ourselves or get information as well have our queries answered.
Pros
Always accessible.
Cons
Too big an organisation.
Provide client assurance
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong PagarMay 11, 2018
Mostly calling daily for appointments.
Meeting with clients to listen and understand their needs.
And think of solutions for clients health and wealth protections and assurance options.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Commission based
Work hard but with direction
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  NewtonMarch 29, 2018
It is true that it is a job that pays hard work. Quite a challenging and fulfilling career.

Although there are multiple agencies and organisations to join as a Financial adviser, being in a team with direction does matter. It doesn’t matter how big or small the team is, find the right agency leader to follow.
Pros
Paywise, the sky is the limit.
Cons
Flexible but Long hours
OK place
SM (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 26, 2018
Operation is reactive rather than pre-emptive. Standard Operating Procedures need to be updated more frequently and better documentation in place. Ok place to work in.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Work Life Balance and No Income Cap
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tanjong PagarMarch 23, 2018
A typical day at work would begin with prospecting activities and follow up, afterwich it will be appointments with my clientele for discussion with regards to their financial portfolio.
Being a Financial Consultant has allowed me to broaden my sights and allowed to meet people from all walks of life. Not only have I gained financial planning and investment knowledge, the job satisfaction is what brought me so far whenever I am able to benefit someone with my knowledge and expertise.
Relaxing and independent work life at client place
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tanjong PagarMarch 4, 2018
I am attached at client place at UBS SG and I really enjoy the work culture. Very independent and productive work place. Work life balance and motivating conducive work environment
Pros
Strong team work and spirit
Cons
Contractual job instabillity
Fun and team supportive work enviroment
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work would be submitting claims for clients, doing different products studies, generating quotes for clienteles and also making appointments to meet new prospects or existing clienteles. My colleagues and superiors are always welcoming for discussions on the best solutions that we can provide for clients. The most enjoyable part of my job is about having long term people relationship, clienteles turned friends and knowing my professionalism is being trusted.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Flexible work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.