Panasonic Avionics Corporation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good fellow workers, almost like a family. We have worked together so long it’s quite a jovial and easy going enviroment.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Changi AirportJune 19, 2018
A typical day at work involves performing arrival and departure checks of flights in and out of Singapore. The airport is a very busy place full of activity so one has to be aware of everyone’s job, the do’s and don’ts to stay safe. The enviroment is also very dynamic and changes very quickly eg delays, ad hoc work, aircraft being grounded due to technical issues so one has to adapt to situations and make changes to the work schedule accordingly.

I’ve learned quite alot at the airport but there is always something new to learn each day. In my line of work I need to learn the jobs of other people as well eg my electrical harnesses run through certain mechanical structures so in order to access the harnesses I need to know how to remove certain panels or parts which are not part of my job scope. I’ve learnt that respect is above all the most important factor at the work place. No matter what your station in life is, a sincere smile and a greeting goes a long way. This is especially true on those long days that never seem to end. A smile and a short conversation with a fellow colleague can make alot of difference. I’ve learned that the human connection is very important.

The culture among the ground staff is one of camaraderie and a brotherhood forged after being together for 10 years. Some of the senior staff have worked together for more than 10 years. We have become a family. We work in teams, help out one another when someone needs help but more often than not we take pride in completing our tasks independantly. We have a light hearted and jovial work space.

As
  more... with most jobs they all come with challenges. This job is no different. There are numerous challenges we face at work but we always find a way. Rain or shine we still need to attend to the aircraft, we get soaked in either our sweat or by rain. The toughest part would be time, delays cost money so we have to rectify defects as quicky as possible in the safest way possible. It’s possible to have 2 pages of defects and only and hour of ground time. We need to rectify the defects and get the aircraft out before delays occur.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, the different people I get to meet each day, everyday at the airport is a different experience. I enjoy the interaction with various people and the satisfaction of completing my work to the best of my abilities.