Panalpina Employee Reviews

Mein Einblick
Werkstudent (Former Employee) –  Frankfurt am MainDecember 28, 2016
was ich da besondere gut finde ist die flache Hierarchie, man kann nicht nur die Kollegen sondern auch der Chef direkt ansprechen. Außerdem war die Stimmung bei der Arbeit gut. Was mir dagegen nicht so gut gefallen habe ist die unflexible Arbeitszeiten und die Arbeitsstruktur.
Love the people
Document Processing (Former Employee) –  SCDecember 5, 2016
The people that you work close with are awesome. However, upper management do not follow the company policy of ethics and straightforward. They claim an open door policy, but it is the complete opposite.
Pros
The office location, decent wage
Cons
Healthcare, parking
Not so much
Customs Brokerage/Entry Writer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
magemetn sucks!!!!!!! No moral just complaining regarding work load,ethics code and conduct code abused effordlessly. No team work, just compete amongst departments
Pros
Cons
lots
empresa muitoi boa para o aprendizado
Auxiliar de Exportação (Former Employee) –  Campinas, SPNovember 3, 2016
trabalho sempre foi bom e agradável,

sai pois era muito longe para mim.

do restante foi otimo, o aprendizado os colegas de trabalho a cominicaçao com ele nunca tive problemas, la foi muito bom ter trabalhado.
Pros
vale refeiçao, pois era muito bom, almoçava em varios restaurantes
Interesting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2016
Worked in the warehouse, lots of accounts, always something new and exciting coming in the doors. Great place to move up. Long time since I worked there but the people were some of the best people I had met in my life both in the warehouse and the office, including management.
Pros
competitive pay, often lots of overtime could be had, great people
Overall a fast paced enviornment
Customs Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 24, 2016
Fast paced & non stop work. The work over powers the employees however as there are not enough people to handle the daily volume. Management assists in the day to day but is almost always unavailable to help if needed.
great team players. Turn over in management was constant.
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 20, 2016
My overall work experience at Panalpina, Inc. was great. We had a great air export team who worked together to get the job(s) done. I learned the entire international freight forwarding business. In regards to management, unfortunately there was a turn over quite often. New people with new ideas was a constant. While I learned so much from each different groups of management I found it to be unstable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with short staff however, the most enjoyable was having staff that worked as a team in every aspect. I also enjoyed working with the customers and increasing satisfaction with the customer.
Panalpina is a Good workplace/company
BSC-OSC (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2016
Work flow very fast pace, Worked long hours for special projects and roll-outs, very busy, Made multiples decisions helping the inter-company invoicing and billing of accounts meet their goals, and helped make my department successful on its finances. Meeting end of month goals all year-round.

However company should be more professional in handling their clients & internal teams.Should start valuing the talent in the organization.
Cons
Company should start valuing the talent in the organization.
Really Good experience
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Panama, PanamaOctober 10, 2016
We Start a new manufacture plant. we work together with Huawei and they guid us and teaches us about the culture and also the way to work hard. Really good experience
Busy fun work place
Import Entry Writer (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 9, 2016
Paid duty. Check all emails, make sure shipments sent out have arrived at destination, Enter any hot shot shipments that have to be cleared through customs.
Pros
Fast paced, ability to continue and update your knowledge
Cons
healthcare
Overall fast paced work environment.
Document Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Great company to have worked with since 2004 however I left for a couple years. I returned in 2012 to continue working in the Air Export dept. with several employees I'd worked with previously which was awesome.
Fun place to work
Import Entry Writer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 29, 2016
Panalpina has allowed me to gain much knowledge in brokerage. Good company for anyone who needs to further their career. A typical day for me at Panalpina first I start by paying the duties to Customs. Do any entries that have all paperwork and send to Customs, make sure that the shipment is picked up and delivered as soon as possible, try to bill account right away. Answer any emails as soon as they arrive.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Healthcare
Was a great company years ago but has gone downhill rather quickly.
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Good company to get experience and then move on to another
company. No growth potential (especially for women). Company
Always crying the blues they were not profitable but indeed they were.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Management & Supervisors do not know how to manage correctly.
Can be a good company to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 28, 2016
The people are good to work with. Everyone is over worked and pressured. The warehouse is need of management knowledge. They have no inventory control, very bad leadership,no organization and they discriminate. Some view themselves above everyone else. The warehouse manager has no knowledge of working or running a warehouse and is very poor with people skills. He will tell you anything to gain whatever he wants to accomplish. He will hold the leads and supervisors accountable for the way warehouse is operating under his lack of knowledge.
Pros
Under staffed
Cons
Very long hours
Fair
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2016
This job will have its ups and downs. Workers complain daily which creates a very hard environment to work under. There are too many frequent notices of changes, but hardly any changes that are positively effecting the working atmosphere.
Day at work
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
Typical day at work is tracking & tracing cargo. Delivering cargo to different locations per customer's needs. Provide preventive actions, damage control.
El ambiente es dificil
Tecnico (Current Employee) –  Colón, Provincia de ColónAugust 16, 2016
Hay que confiar mas en el personal, y tratar a todos con respeto .
Tratar de insentivar mas al personal para crear un mejor ambiente laboral donde todos se sientan agusto y asi lograr las metas.
Pros
Buen equipo de trabajo
Cons
Todo el dia bajo presion
Environnement de travail agréable
Logistique (Former Employee) –  Blagnac (31)July 15, 2016
Collaborateurs et équipe soudés qui m'ont permis de progresser et d'apprendre dans de bonnes conditions.
Extraordinary co-workers
key account managment (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 1, 2016
The Company has extraordinary co-workers that work together to make a strong work force. The ability to work with large international businesses give the employers the ability to grow and learn from well established companies.
Pros
Pay, Healthcare
Cons
software is outdated
Not customer oriented
Manager-Energy Solutions & Projects (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
I was aware of the lack of customer services provided but I was assured that management had made necessary changes to improve the customer experience. I did not find that to be true and it was a major point of discussion by the entire sales force at our weekly meetings.
Pros
Global footprint
Cons
Customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panalpina. Our community is ready to answer.