Panalpina Employee Reviews

Busy Day
Country Head Ocean freight & Overland (Current Employee) –  Costa RicaApril 25, 2017
I start my day with many things to do, solving problems , searching new opportunities Business , meetings. The constant is the change in Panalpina.

Thanks
Pros
Stability
Cons
Bad Salary
This company shows favoritism
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 17, 2017
The management is horrible... there is a lot of favoritism and no team effort... it's not what you know but who you know... pay is bad and the benefits are not good
Treat employees like garbage
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 11, 2017
I was only a temp so can't say much about the place besides they treat their employees like garbage. Also, if you are a temp, they make it known you are one and a treated even worse.
Pros
Some co-workers are nice
Cons
Treat employees like they are worthless
Коллектив прекрасный
Специалист склада (Former Employee) –  КрекшиноMarch 24, 2017
Хорошая компания,было здорово работать и расти вверх с коллегами.
Great colleagues
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 22, 2017
Very friendly and helpful colleagues who are willing to work as a team to support customers and each other. Management generally has practical knowledge about the day to day processes which is very nice.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay may be on the low side of average in some cases
Productive and nice place to work
Regional Risk, Credit & Collection Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 3, 2017
Productive and nice place to work. German - Switzerland culture. Good values, resulted oriented. Medium to high level in governance and compliance. Dynamic and high level in technology.
Hard hierarchic and conservative.
Pros
governance
Cons
burocracy
bom
almoxarife pleno (Former Employee) –  Cajamar, SPFebruary 25, 2017
Uma empresa agradável mais sem perspectiva de crescimento
Pros
vr e va
Cons
não tem fretado
Es un poco divertido
ayudante en Retail (Former Employee) –  entrando al centro del warehouseFebruary 23, 2017
Aprendi a Picar y Escanear, para mi no fue tan agradable porque hubo preferencias de parte de cierto jefe, en mi caso personal por ejemplo, me dieron un entrenamiento para scaneador de la mercaderia que se shippeaba, pero el jefe de area me saco para poner a su amigo del mismo pais, lo cual califico como recismo.
Pros
felxibles con los brakes
Cons
poca solidaridad entre empleados de la Compania y los de Agencia
Management put to much pressure on employees
Export (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Management was not helpful with the employee's. There was little to no communication between management and employee. Management would only communicate more added duties to an already overworked employee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
all hours
HSE and Business Process and Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Pointe-NoireJanuary 19, 2017
Very demanding business. High stress level.
Well organized company. We had all the tools need to do well in our job.Long working hours.
trabajo en general
coordinador de embarques (Former Employee) –  Cuautitlán Izcalli, Méx.January 2, 2017
la facilidad de otorgar con rapidez y eficacia de trabajo ser constante y verificar el trabajo dentro del area , aprendi a utilizar con mayor efectividad mi trabajo ,la gerencia otorga apoyo y enseñanza a la vez ., dando seguridad al trabajador impulsando mayores metas laborales en conjunto con los compañeros del area laboral , lo mas complicado del trabajo seria el estres en ciertos tiempos y que no me daban contrato de tiempo completo si no por temporadas pero de ahi en fuera el trabajo fue muy provechoso y bueno.
Pros
remoneracion de horas extras
Cons
que no tenia seguro y era absorcing
Mein Einblick
Werkstudent (Former Employee) –  Frankfurt am MainDecember 28, 2016
was ich da besondere gut finde ist die flache Hierarchie, man kann nicht nur die Kollegen sondern auch der Chef direkt ansprechen. Außerdem war die Stimmung bei der Arbeit gut. Was mir dagegen nicht so gut gefallen habe ist die unflexible Arbeitszeiten und die Arbeitsstruktur.
Love the people
Document Processing (Former Employee) –  SCDecember 5, 2016
The people that you work close with are awesome. However, upper management do not follow the company policy of ethics and straightforward. They claim an open door policy, but it is the complete opposite.
Pros
The office location, decent wage
Cons
Healthcare, parking
Not so much
Customs Brokerage/Entry Writer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
magemetn sucks!!!!!!! No moral just complaining regarding work load,ethics code and conduct code abused effordlessly. No team work, just compete amongst departments
Pros
Cons
lots
empresa muitoi boa para o aprendizado
Auxiliar de Exportação (Former Employee) –  Campinas, SPNovember 3, 2016
trabalho sempre foi bom e agradável,

sai pois era muito longe para mim.

do restante foi otimo, o aprendizado os colegas de trabalho a cominicaçao com ele nunca tive problemas, la foi muito bom ter trabalhado.
Pros
vale refeiçao, pois era muito bom, almoçava em varios restaurantes
Interesting
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2016
Worked in the warehouse, lots of accounts, always something new and exciting coming in the doors. Great place to move up. Long time since I worked there but the people were some of the best people I had met in my life both in the warehouse and the office, including management.
Pros
competitive pay, often lots of overtime could be had, great people
Overall a fast paced enviornment
Customs Brokerage Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 24, 2016
Fast paced & non stop work. The work over powers the employees however as there are not enough people to handle the daily volume. Management assists in the day to day but is almost always unavailable to help if needed.
great team players. Turn over in management was constant.
Air Export Agent (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 20, 2016
My overall work experience at Panalpina, Inc. was great. We had a great air export team who worked together to get the job(s) done. I learned the entire international freight forwarding business. In regards to management, unfortunately there was a turn over quite often. New people with new ideas was a constant. While I learned so much from each different groups of management I found it to be unstable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with short staff however, the most enjoyable was having staff that worked as a team in every aspect. I also enjoyed working with the customers and increasing satisfaction with the customer.
Panalpina is a Good workplace/company
BSC-OSC (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 13, 2016
Work flow very fast pace, Worked long hours for special projects and roll-outs, very busy, Made multiples decisions helping the inter-company invoicing and billing of accounts meet their goals, and helped make my department successful on its finances. Meeting end of month goals all year-round.

However company should be more professional in handling their clients & internal teams.Should start valuing the talent in the organization.
Cons
Company should start valuing the talent in the organization.
Really Good experience
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Panama, PanamaOctober 10, 2016
We Start a new manufacture plant. we work together with Huawei and they guid us and teaches us about the culture and also the way to work hard. Really good experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panalpina. Our community is ready to answer.