OCBC Bank Employee Reviews

Waste your time working there
Intern (Former Employee) –  All ard SingaporeSeptember 10, 2019
Among so many bank the basic salary is the lowest whereas the working hrs r the longest among all the banks so no pt wasting ur times there if u r reali reali looking for a stable, long n happy working environment...
Productive and fun
Student Internship Programme (Current Employee) –  RafflesAugust 22, 2019
Good management, productive and fun. I learned to communicate effectively, interact with the professional culture. The bank is connected to overseas and regional partners.
Looking for other line of experience
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  TampinesAugust 22, 2019
Too long in banking.Wish to gain other experience and knowledge.Willing to learn and adapt with open mind set.Hoping to go into something more interesting.With my long experince perhaps I am looking for higher pay.
Fun workplace
Digital Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 9, 2019
I was able to assist and work well with my colleagues with my graphics and design capabilities. I was given opportunities to showcase my work and actually helped to facilitate important discussions with the help of my sketches and prototypes. The colleagues were very helpful and also helped ensure that my friends and I were able to assimilate into the workplace smoothly.
Great remuneration but unfair treatment
PERSONAL FINANCIAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Ang Mo KioJune 20, 2019
Staff’s benefit is very good. But I was experiencing unfair treatment from my manager. It is very demoralising especially we are dealing with high level of stress every day. No work life balance
productive and well versed
Sales Acquisition Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 11, 2019
Everyday with a new sales territory to meet prospects and customers. As outside sales representative whereby face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers.

Responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any
new or updated products such as credit card when necessary.

On top of sales,educating customers is also our prior role on how products or services can benefit them financially and professionally.

Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts after the field work
Great benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ChinatownMay 22, 2019
Great employee benefits. However management needs to set the direction clear for employees. Supportive team members.
Able to learn independently and grow professional knowledge.
Good enviroment for learning
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  SINGAPOREMay 12, 2019
Over the years of working been accumulated, gained and achieved plenty of services and sales experiences. This job gives me plenty of opportunities and exposure to further improve myself here.
Hierarchical work environment
Trade Finance Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 9, 2019
It took quite a while to get used to the work culture at OCBC Bank where it could be tricky to navigate at times. Overall, the internship did teach me valuable lessons.
A company with good benefits
Special Grade (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeMarch 11, 2019
A typical day is busy and exciting as you do not know how your day will be like.
Management put a great emphasis on doing the right thing at 1 time, always empathize with customers and make customers walk out of the bank happy.
Work place culture is an acquired taste :) Need time to get use and work along together.
The hardest part of the job is customer always right even being ridiculous. The enjoyable part of the job is the payday time!
Pros
Good welfare benefits
Cons
must ask customers to rate your services as excellent
great learning platform
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  RafflesMarch 9, 2019
the company is supportive of training and empowering staff for development. Salary is good for new to workforce and many opportunity to internal job transfer.
Pros
training and development
Cons
long working hours
good in Salary/Benefits
Internship (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 5, 2019
good in Job Work, good Life Balance, good in Salary and Benefits, fair in Job Security/Advancement and fair management level and traditional job culture
Good to work here. Honed my managerial skills
Oracle HRMS Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 14, 2019
Great place to work but you have to be a little proactive. Time management is the most important thing here. Rules are very strict across the Bank globally.
Great Stuff Here and There
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 13, 2019
Its great, and very great. The password associated with your Indeed account has been set. If you did not set the password or have any questions, please contact us.
Work-life balance lacking, poor management in general
Assistant Manager 7 (Former Employee) –  TampinesJanuary 2, 2019
Despite my efforts to like the bank, I left somewhat burnt out. I'll qualify first that the pay and bonuses were promising (though I didn't stay long enough to reap the latter), and job security is a given as long as you hit your targets.

The section I entered was filled with new hires who were given a system that suffered from an aging list of bugs and enhancement requests, with barely any handover. In addition, they lacked history with the system, and lacked guidance on how to perform basic maintenance tasks. Colleagues in other sections would try to help, but were limited due to their own workload and unfamiliarity with our system as well. The manager "parachuted" in was also bogged down with other systems of his own to oversee. I feel that the whole situation could have been managed much better.

Aside from high-level documents, documentation of persisting production issues was sparse and poor, and during my time at the bank, we resorted to taking down notes as we went along. Outsourced technical support came from an overseas team, also a fresh team who did also not know about the history of the system, compounding to our difficulties in reining the issues in.

To compensate, we would regularly work 11-hour days to fight the fires, with the overtime hours being ignored (the claims filed never got approved). During my time at the bank, it was clear that overtime was the norm, with even seasoned veterans (>20 years' experience) working beyond official working hours regularly. We were also expected to stay back to perform maintenance late at night if the system required
  more... a patch, or even a service restart.

Overall, the section I was placed into did not onboard new hires to the role sufficiently, the project was poorly handed over and documented in general, and support for the team was lacking. This compounded with the overtime-heavy work culture within the workplace caused me to leave.
Pros
Pay and Job Security.
Cons
Overtime, Mismanagement, Understaffed Department
Fun Place
Secretary for a period of 1 year (Former Employee) –  Head OfficeDecember 13, 2018
This is a fun company to work in. Multi racial and you definitely get the chance to proof oneself. Unfortunately, I had to leave to enable myself to upgrade overseas. Nice working environment and people are friendly.
Stagnant environment
Securities Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  TampinesDecember 6, 2018
Would really appreciate if they could give their employees chances or opportunities for them to grow. The hardest part of the job was to face different type of people in the management with the office politics.
Challenging Industry
Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Singapore, SGDecember 4, 2018
Sell-side research is undergoing structural changes so naturally the operations of the company reflects these challenges. New entrants have to manage their expectations accordingly with regards to pay/compensation/advancement opportunities etc. Treat it as a springboard/learning experience before the real career progression takes place.
Productive and fun work place. Very good work life balance and work place culture.
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 29, 2018
OCBC Bank is a performance-driven compensation package so staff can focus on your work. There is a recreation club for staff to relax and unwind during lunch or after work. They also provide executive health screening annually. Lots of team bonding activities. provides career mobility opportunities across the bank's different business units, subsidiaries or even country offices; from Consumer, Corporate and Private Banking, to Treasury, Securities, Insurance or Investment Management. OCBC Bank welcomes innovation and encourages continual learning and development. Overall a fun yet conductive work environment.
Pros
It has employee's interest at heart
Fun work place, work life balance with decent pay
FRANK consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 20, 2018
Easy start up for people that dont have any banking/finance background. Fast progression, good sales depending on which branch you posted to. Very decent pay, in fact, is consider high for poly fresh grad. Good welfare and ample annual leaves!
Pros
Plenty of annual leave and othwr staff benefits
Cons
Limited things to learn after some time