NTUC Fairprice Employee Reviews

Still working fine.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Choa Chu KangFebruary 14, 2017
Working at my part time job at NTUC as a cashier is still alright. The working hours is by shift, which is good. The management is very friendly at the outlet I worked at. The hardest part of the job, probably would be to handle the long queue of customer flow. We need to be quick and precise at times. Settling customers doubt on products etc. But it is still a good job, which gets me permanent salary flow as i only able to commit weekends during schooling days.
Pros
Flexible working shift hourss
Cons
Carry many heavy stuffs
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bukit MerahFebruary 1, 2017
-Its something new
-Good experience
-Get to know new people
-The team was helpful and friendly
-Got to learn how to handle situation with different people.
Best and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bishan j8January 22, 2017
Best salary and also like very much my cashier work. And good guideness. Best high bonuses. Very professional and good challenges in the work.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
It was an interesting and new experience
Ntuc food packer (Former Employee) –  Hougang mallJanuary 16, 2017
The whole experience was enriching and challenging . Though it was new and demanding at first , the senior workers assisted me and made me more comfortable and as time pass I became more ok with all the work load passed to me .
Pros
more convenient to purchase food produces
fun workplace
Fresh Department (Former Employee) –  Toa PayohJanuary 9, 2017
interesting and fun job . i got a chance to feel what its like in a grocery store . its all hardwork . i learnt that i should be thankful for what i have.
Pros
fun
Cons
pay
Good start
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  PioneerDecember 8, 2016
I pretty enjoy working there as colleagues there are all friendly not even so I have a friendly boss who do not give up on me when i was about to fall. Till then I finally finished my 2 months there as a temporary staffs!
Pros
830Am - 6pm
Cons
830Am - 6pm
Enjoy working with many people and happy to help elderly customers
Part time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bukit Panjang PlazaSeptember 13, 2016
when you handle difficult/ fussy customers,
you have to identified their feeling either unhappy or sad shopping experieced
management very understanding the problems facing by all cashiers at the counter.
Co-workers all are supportive and team work
Hardest part are when get scolded by customers because of promotion items/ wrong price or customers get rotten fruits/ spoil items
The most enjoyable part is when you get friendly/good customer
Pros
Annual Dinner and Dance
Cons
short breaks, working hour till midnight
dangger workplace
retail assitant (A-teamleader) (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 4, 2016
I learn a lot of thing at this working place like SAP system , Ordering , stock control. I am happy I got at good teacher(manager & team leader) to teach me . But at this working place no enough staff to operate
Okay
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Punggol waterway pointAugust 15, 2016
A typical day would be quiet during day and crowded during night especially weekends and public holiday

Learned a lot of stuff but mostly about retail
Stock ordering is the hardest sometime it sell fast because there is an offer sometime it just stuck in your backstore seeing those stock being sold i feel some sense of achievement

Co worker are friendly mostly older than me able to talk about stuff that i have no idea some in the past some in other industry and some slice of life

For hardest part of the work before i promoted to retail supervisor i thought that it was ordering but after i was promoted i found out that coordinating and arrange stock is the hardest such as every thursday advertise special and weekly fair/offer/mustbuy/purchase with purchase and sometime new stock that have been launched we have to arrange into normal shelf without breaking the previous arrangement grouping

The enjoyable part of the job would be seeing customer able to get what they want to buy and happily head off to the counter
for example few occasion when customer asked me location of the items they want and i was able to show it to them and they thanked me and head off to the counter some even came from faraway just to get the stuff of course nice versa if after i showed customer the product location and its out of stock i would feel a bit remorse especially if i was in charge of the lane that the product was.
Pros
Good Benefit, Claimable OT, Friendly co-worker
Cons
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jem Jurong GatewayJuly 2, 2016
Good benefits, great team members, excellent company. I enjoy working here and am currently looking for new challendges
Pros
good bonus and increments
Cons
shift basis
part time job work in weekend
Part-time retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Bukit TimahMay 25, 2016
Part-time retail assistant in Non-Food department which mostly work in weekend, the objective is to enhance my social experience and also to earn some pocket money.
Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  BedokFebruary 12, 2016
I learn how to handle customer and now in savills I learn how to manage residence enquiry. in this MA line I seen many type of people and their view on each of them.
Fun and interesting workplace.
Cashier/ Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bukit Timah PlazaJanuary 5, 2016
I learnt to be more detailed and attentive to the demands of the customers. The management was easy to talk to, easy to relate to and I can go to the supervisors anytime I feel uncomfortable. I also learnt to be patient and understanding, the co-workers are easy to get along with and the camaraderie between co-workers, supervisors and managers.
Cons
Overly demanding customers.
Confortable with friendly colleagues around.
Cashier (PT) (Current Employee) –  Clementi MallSeptember 15, 2015
I've learnt how to manage customer's wants & needs.
Even handle their complains over a product.
Communication among the Chief Cashiers is down with the staffs too.
Co-Workers are friendly and always make my day.
And the most enjoyable part of the job is to see my customers smile/laugh with the service provided.
Pros
You'll get staff rebates every year if you sign u for Union Plus Card Member.
Cons
Low salary.
Place where I learn a lot about working life.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  BuangkokMarch 5, 2015
The typical day at work start with quality checking all the goods displayed in the store and remove any goods which has gone bad or look bad. Then replenish the goods if those displayed is depleting very quickly. Soon we will get ready for the arrival of the stocks. And this is where team work will happen, my co-workers and I will move the stocks together because they are really heavy and we will be assigned to replenish different goods to speed things up.

Basically, team work is key and also being able to attend to customers' queries. Some times, customers would not be able to find certain products and they will ask any staff they see. So even though the product is not under your section, you need to be able to know where exactly it is placed to help customer. Thus, I also learn that we should be fully aware of our working environment.

The hardest part of this job is definitely unloading the goods, because each box of apples are of multiple kgs and we do not have proper equipment which can help unload the goods easier. And hence, most of the time, we might end up hurting ourselves,

Most enjoyable part of the job is being to work with a group of people who are passionate of their job and is willing to take care of you and teach you their great wealth of knowledge.
Pros
Good Staff benefits.
Cons
Excess Work Load.
Allows me to identify and recommend what needs to be done.
Manager, Training & Development (Former Employee) –  SIngaporeFebruary 24, 2015
The management structure has too many layers. Meaning that if anything needs to be done, then there is many layer of approval that need to be gotten before the project can move forward.

Work life balance is not that great as many times, work was required to be done on off days and also outside working hours.

The good thing is that in my role, I can identify areas that need improvements and recommend corrective actions in the form of training programs that can be conducted. Though not all the programs are approved, I can work around them to arrive at alternative solutions.
Pros
Able to work with management team to recommend solutions in the form of training programs
Cons
Poor work life balance
Fair treatment to all staff from management
Sales Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jurong East MallNovember 14, 2014
- Enjoying work and continuous learning on my daily duties.
- I have improved further my skills in training and multi tasking.
- Management has been very fair with their employees regardless
of their race and religion.
- My colleagues are supportive and have respect with one
another.
- Language barrier is my greatest challenge since I dont know how
speak mandarin.
- I always feel very happy seeing my staff climbing up the corporate
ladder
Pros
Able to travel as one of the benefits
Cons
Long hours as needed
they are selling everythings
Cashier (Former Employee) –  singaporeAugust 15, 2014
i have been worked in fair price ( singapore ) as a cashier...so i got a lot of experience about central cash and big amount of money, exchange voucher, gift voucher, refund voucher, cash machine , and how to use credit machine , offline machine , how to sell to the mobile card....
Pros
accomodation, transportation, one time of food, insurance, 2 way air ticket if we complete of 2 years, commision, points, others allowance
Cons
8hours
Happy and Fun Workplace
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  ThomsonApril 22, 2014
Life is short and just worked in a place full of happiness will do.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Work Life Balance
Fast-pace environment
Online Store Executive (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00March 5, 2014
For a typical day of work, I will be preparing quotations for major customers or coordinating with warehouse representatives or purchasers for bulk discounts.From time to time I also handle escalated customer issues.

Minimal co-workers with friendly deposition, politics is terrible in the company.

Hardest part of my job will be managing difficult customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job is that is it ever-challenging and fast pace. There is rarely a moment for resting.
Pros
Excellent Leave Package, Annual Executive Travel
Cons
Low Pay