National University of Singapore Employee Reviews

Excellent
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 29, 2019
Just come here, but the living and work environment and hardware equipment are very impressive. People, including students and staff are friendly. Food is also valuable and good.
Mutitasking of jobs
Management Assistant Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeJuly 28, 2019
Mutitasking of jobs, very busy & tight schedule for duties.
Need to be very hard working to deliver the task on time.
Require to follow closing on every job executiion.
Academic qualification plays an important role.
Balanced work and life and good welfare
Industry Liaison Office (Current Employee) –  Kent RidgeJuly 13, 2019
Only for people who are looking for good welfare or looking to settling down in a stable workplace. The organisation is not really for people who are ambitious.

Unless you are in the management level, promises in career progression are typically nothing more than empty promises unless you work with very high profile faculty.

Organisation have a policy of "taking turns" in promotion or better performance for yearly appraisals. Organisation tends to undercut employees in their salaries.
Productive and fun learning environment
Fundraising Executive (45h/w) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 30, 2019
I was a fundraising executive. My supervisors were highly motivated to present NUS as a prestigious institution that would do a lot with donors' funds. They also taught me all about fundraising.
Pros
Free monthly tea and staff mingling session
I.T. SPECIALIST ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Kent RidgeJune 25, 2019
Working with NUS for almost 10 years has given everyone privileges to learn more, but i hope they should also think improve our increment so we could earn more. Meeting the union would be appropriate.
Pros
Traninings
Cons
Not so good pay
Good learning experince
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeJune 25, 2019
The daily tasks were replying emails and updating information in the system. The working environment was good and I have learnt some things during my time in the company.
productive work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeJune 24, 2019
I learnt a lot here. there was a friendly atmosphere in the lab. it is a multi culture place so I became familiar with different culture people. the times that we should work are almost long and not to good live/work balance
Friendly and Good
Secretary (Former Employee) –  ScienceJune 16, 2019
I have complete assignments and projects based on deadlines
I have learned to multitask, plan my work and complete the tasks before the deadline prioritizing the completing important tasks first.

Management trust handing over the job in good hands knowing it will be done and handed over in time for them to move on with their other plans.

We are specialized in different areas hence not much of competitions among the staffs as our job scopes differ.

Meeting tight deadlines given by the superiors, we have to stay back beyond the official working hours to complete the urgent assignments given.

Staffs go out for lunch or dinner to treat ourselves once each project or assignments are completed. Though the job may be tough at times get together keeps our relationship and team bond strong and healthy.
Pros
Time off for working late to complete urgent tasks
Cons
Tight Deadline
Stable life balance job
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 6, 2019
Working is NUS is nice if you want a stable and work-life balance job and if you have enthusiastic in academic. However if you are more into management in the industries, it might not be suitable.
Unstable job with no career prospects
Research Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 5, 2019
I held a contract position with the company and it was a role with very little job security and no assurance whatsoever from management as to my future prospects.
Rewarding and Challenging
Design Director of Campus Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 29, 2019
Positive work environment.
Clear goals.
Open atmosphere for challenging the status quo.
Strong team setting.
Rewarding projects.
Spirited colleagues.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Difficult to retain staff. Long hours and modest pay.
Well paid, but management is not transparent
Assistant/professor/Senior Lecturer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 18, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for 12 years in the region. It was difficult to advance (only one promotion) and management was not very transparent. Decisions for promotion did not seem to me to be objective and fair. For example, some locals with few or no publications were easily promoted, whereas some expat staff published many good peer-reviewed papers but failed to be promoted.
Pros
Good pay, good facilities, bright students, excellent chance for travel in the region
Cons
Lack of transparency in management
Great working environment
Research (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeMay 5, 2019
NUS staff is full of compassion and always there to help both staff and students when in need. Hardest part of the job is learn how to say no in certain situation. I have the opportunity to learn from many experienced colleagues and will definitely remember them as friends instead of colleagues.
New learning experience
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Kent RidgeApril 10, 2019
Currently employed here I am assigned the project on gamma delta T cells. This is a slight switch for me in subject and hence a very good learning experience. NUS has been a top notch university and the job culture here is quite flexible. I am not tied down by definite timings and hence I can work at my own pace. A lot of my work is time bound as I need to observe things at a certain time point. As long as you manage your time effectively, one is not restricted here. For me learnong new things is very exciting and also academics is my passion.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 4, 2019
National University of Singapore is a very good place to work. The country itself is rather small, but with great diversity. Most importantly, food is extremely delicious over there.
Nice workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeMarch 28, 2019
Cordial relationship and teamwork is one of the strongest points. Supportive and understanding supervisor. Provide opportunities for upgrading of relevant skills.
Good research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 22, 2019
Overall good group of researchers and faculty. Good laboratory facility.

The salary and benefits can be better for research fellows.
Overall good place to work.
friendly academic research setting
Undergraduate researcher (Former Employee) –  Buona VistaMarch 13, 2019
The conditions and culture of the workplace depends on the laboratory. The university is a good place for cheap eats and good perks (telcom discounts).
Educational
Fieldwork Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 12, 2019
Given lots of opportunity to grow and develop my skills while working in a very professional environment. This was a great stepping stone in my career and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent RidgeFebruary 12, 2019
It really depend on which department you work in. For some is work life balance. For some is work till super late. Whats more, the benefits is just avreage and there is really not much to talk about. Just work. If i compare my current salary to my previous company, when i count it to dollar and cents its just about the same. Seriously!