National University Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 11, 2019
NUH is a great place for professionals. They take good care of their employees and provides great benefits. Learned a lot while working and they also provide continuing education through "talks" / seminars.
Pros
Paid Leaves, Annual Increase and a lot of benefits
Cons
A good environment to work in
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeMarch 18, 2019
As a student intern with the Nutrition & Dietetics Department, I learned a lot from the dietitians at NUH. Though my peer and I had to see many patients in a day due to high workload, I was able to challenge myself and ask many questions during the internship. The workplace culture was friendly and open. My peer and I were able to apply what we had learned in theory into practice during our placement at NUH. I will love to have the opportunity to work in the hospital again!
job scope
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeFebruary 26, 2019
• Assist in Activities of daily living for patients in general ward setting.
• Ward disciplines are for Medical, Surgical, Orthopaedics, respiratory patients.
• Nursing duties includes assisting in minor surgery with doctors, sterile dressing procedures for patients on doctor orders such as Nasogastric tube (NGT), Urine Catheterization for female and male patients, Oral and Tracheal Suction, Changing of IV catheters ensuring its not blocked and changing of IV bags (Normal Saline)
• Parameters for patients, Blood pressure, Blood glucose, temperature, pulse saturation and respiratory monitoring and Electrocardiography (ECG) recording for patient cardiac assessment according to doctor orders.
• Administration of oral and respiratory medication such as nasal spray or Bronchodilator.
• Attend to emergency such as CODE BLUE for patient with cardiac arrest or otherwise need immediate medical attention.
• Attend to patient’s last office prepare the deceased for the mortuary and comply with legislation and also to minimise risk of cross- infection to relative, health care worker or person who will be handling deceased.
• Shift work timing to accommodate nursing duties.
• Assist in Clinical Research Trials for selected patients, such as for patients with a infected diabetic foot ulcers would need wound dressing. The patient wold be selected for clinical trial to use the medication/dressing ordered to manage the wound and to evaluate the wound and if its effective.
Pros
learning/training
Cons
shift work
Unwilling to take in advice from subordinates
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeFebruary 17, 2019
Better upper management is essential. Extremely bad working environment and supervisors are not willing to take in advice from co-workers. No paid OT is provided for long working hours.
Pros
Good security
Cons
Low benefits and salary does not compensate for long working hours
Exciting work place with day to day challenges
Patient Relation Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeJanuary 27, 2019
It was a rewarding experience to have worked in the emergency department. There were a lot of great times working with the healthcare professionals there including doctors, nurses and paramedics. I loved being able to assist the family members with communication with the medical professionals.
Pros
Flexible benefit, Flexible shift timing
Cons
Lack of progression and organic growth
World class institution
Enrolled Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kentridge, SingaporJanuary 7, 2019
The standarda and policies make this hospital one of the best in Singapore. With the use of highly modernized equipment, working facilitates efficiency and quality.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  bouna vistaDecember 20, 2018
An environment where you learn how is the hospital bill like staying different ward class. Hardest part of the job is seeing those very old people without family and struggling to pay bills for themselves.
Enriching work experience
Medical Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 20, 2018
I shadowed under medical doctors as they performed their medical routines. I was able to watch clinic consultations, ward rounds and even an operating theatre session.
Intense and effective
pharmacist assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 16, 2018
Working in NUH you have to be extremely dedicated and hard working. The job required to be on your feet the hole day.It was hard to communicate with other pharmacists and i felt my knowledge was not being used. As a pharmacy graduate it gave me an inside to how it would be to work as a pharmacist. A very different work culture from Europe where i am most used to work in.
Pros
intelligent staff, effective management
Cons
stressful environment
micro-manage less flexibility
SENIOR SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 3, 2018
not recommend. no career progression. no recognition on your contribution. management expect you to work like machine and do not provide any skills or course (available but never get chance to apply) always short of manpodwer but do not increase the headcount
Excellent hospital with modern cardiac facilities in asia
Clinical Fellow, Cardiac (Current Employee) –  1, kent ridge road, singaporeJuly 29, 2018
NUH is a multidisciplinary Hospital. Cardiac cases are not very high in number but variety op operations takes place here. Although its a very modern cardiac hospital in Asia it does not have any transplant facilities, not a great hospital for hands on training.
Pros
Good scope of interaction with other discipline
Cons
Not a great training hospital for hands on
Fun workplace
Senior Assistant Manager- In patients Operations (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 4, 2018
I totally loved interacting with my team. I enjoyed the team which I built. There was so much of energy in it. When I left the job, it was hard for me. Now, I would like to return back with a new vigour and build a new team.
I love to inspire the team.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Na
Challenging work place
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kent RidgeJune 3, 2018
My appointment has given me a great exposure, as I engage with patients from all over the world. We meet patients from all walks of life. Overall, we need the patients to handle everyone that walks in our Lab.
Pros
flexible work space
Cons
cross covering during staff shotage
friendly environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  singaporeMay 19, 2018
There was a positive atmosphere at the office, where colleagues were close while maintaining a professional attitude. The facilities were also very good.
Interesting to look at workflow improvement
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 8, 2018
Batch job scheduling and monitoring, change management controls, accounts creation, database administration, operators job roster, software/hardware sourcing and evaluation etc
worst job as service
Patient Service Associate (Administrative) (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeApril 14, 2018
worst job for a diploma graduate. management doesn't care at all and you have to report even when you are going to the toilet. it's not worth it. there are way better jobs with more respect out there.
Nice experience to work in ICU setup, lots of things learned from different set up,
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  lower kent ridge wingMarch 28, 2018
I had started my role as a Enrolled nurse for 4 Years in Medical intensive care unit which is combined unit of medical high dependency, that was fascinating experience working as a enrolled nurse, then promoted as a registered Nurse for 6 years with new setups, Trained for critical care nurse it has been always pleasures to meet new people in my life, gained confident, skills and knowledge during my carrier progression, there were so many ups and down, those were treated as passing clouds, learned to communicate with different types of people around now here i'm as trained nurse.
Quite fun
Senior Patient Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeFebruary 2, 2018
It was fun to help patient.but too far from my house.travelling time was too long.quite tiring but staff were friendly and simple. Very general conditions
Pros
Medical
Cons
Too far from my home
Productiove and dynamic placec
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent RidgeJanuary 30, 2018
I had an excellent working experience in NUH.
It's not just that it's a great place to work with friendly colleagues around .iTs also a good learning situation where one can get a lot of hands-on work experience if one really wants to.
Pros
good expeerience
Cons
low salary
Stressful environment
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 15, 2018
Fast-pace environment. At times, can be relax when there is low volume of patients. But when there is high volume of patients, we need to work extremely efficient and effectively.
Pros
Staff welfare
Cons
Handle demanding patients