National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews

Excellent place for development and to build a career
Service Manger (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 13, 2017
I have been with NOV for 14 years and this has been my 1st career job ever since I left National service. NOV has develop my career steadily as a kid who just graduated and to a man who knows what he wants in life.

NOV has an excellent management system whereby I was lucky to have the opportunity to experience many different roles.

this was a career experience that I surely appreciate.
Pros
flexable management syetems
Cons
nil
Unfair Procedures
Installation and Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tuas BayMarch 14, 2017
Yearly Performance review that doesn't make sense.
Retrenchments done not based on performance,
I strongly believe that good and hard working employees should be kept.
Flexible and Productive working lifestyle
Technical Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 17, 2017
As am doing Sales, and technial support as main fucntions, repsonding and solving issues, quotations, and working on emails is a typical day at work.
Making Sales call to customers, and site issues review or visits are mostly the second part of my day.
Pros
Flexible work Timings
Cons
Work Load
Working environments is a typical average like as me Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 2, 2016
National Oilwell Varco is the best learning to practice work ethics, a lot of challenges in my career while I was working in the field.
The management most likely able to gave me numerous chances to explore more being me as an asset and great contributor with the organizations.
I am so grateful until now that National Oilwell Varco included me before as one of their employee and frequently representing them during my deployment locally or oversea job assignments.

May God bless you all!
Pros
A lot of give away's and training's useful in my field.
Cons
Yeah there is a tendency that i need to work long hours, but all those efforts were compensated.
福利还不错
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tuas 4,ave 11September 29, 2016
可以学习新的技能。同事也相处的很好。家里有事的话要拿假,经理和头手都会没问题。工作有时会很压力也很危险。
good expose to oil and gas equipment
Electrical Field Service engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 28, 2016
excellent company to start with in my career. Love to travel, meet all kinds of people and places. Learn all of skill and knowledge, love to go back to this company but only as a snr position or traininer
Pros
alot exposure
Cons
too much less time with family
Good
Manufacturing IT Technician (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 14, 2016
National Oilwell Varco (Singapore)
- is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of equipment and components in the oil and gas drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other services, supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Stable workplace
Quality Foreman (Former Employee) –  JurongJuly 13, 2016
My last assignment was in Batam, Indonesia - working with Indonesian workers. Leading quality team and added with production as well due to slim organization.
Learning the culture of Indonesian, delivering message from headquarter to site, monitoring the overall operation in night shift for both quality and production, enhance thge quality at all times, giving training to sub-ordinates, ensure QMS and SOP are in place at all times
My employment was under Singapore, and they are all supportive although I worked in Batam Plant.
Co-workers are cooperatiove, both Singaporean co-worker or Indonesian co-worker.
The hardest part was sudden change of plan - which need immediate action to react of changes
The most enjoyable part is team are friendly & cooperative and putting effort to complete the job
Pros
Medical benefits, housing allowance, tranport provided
Cons
Permanent Night Shift
A job I really enjoyed that requires precision in every process of welding
Welder (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 31, 2016
I worked with my co-workers with passion. I enjoy doing the job even though there are difficult part of it but I can always find ways to do it. My boss has confident on me as a welder so there is no need for him to supervise me every now and then.
Pros
no pressure from management
Cons
Long hours of working
Manufacturing
Senior Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 10, 2016
work as office hour.
Process Bom, routing, create drawing, Tool List and cost roll
Team work
My co-workers are friendly and helpful too
Pros
Na
Working in NOV
Installation & Commissioning Engineer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 9, 2016
Installation,commissioning and rectification of all mechanical equipment and with minor electrical troubleshoot. Minimal supervision and travelling to remote places onshore and offshore world wide.

Everday is a learning experience irregardless of whats the nature of the job might be.

Bosses are great as we are able to communicate openly and have only one thing in our mind and that is resolving the issues that we are facing.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is that get to meet all kind of peoples and solving issues onsite.
Pros
I love my job as it offers me places and solving problems onsite. dealing with OIM, Rig crew etc...
Cons
No cons
working heavy duty jobs
Machine Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 18, 2016
We work very Hard and Management people only take care of themselves only.
nothing to tell about due to suck my blood and retrange me
A place where you can learn a lot about coiled tubing unit
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00December 4, 2015
I learned a lot from this company especially about coiled tubing unit and other oil and gas equipment. I have learned not only to design but also how the unit are assembled.
Excellent positioned and run company
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00October 20, 2015
NOV has a positive cash position and is positioned to ride out the recent Oil and Gas downturn. Their pay is slightly below average when compared to competitors. Leadership is highly regarded within the industry and the Street.
Pros
Leader in their chosen fields. Solid finacial leaderhsip
Cons
Light on sales accumen. Playing in a currnet downturn market
Fun Work place
Operation Assistants (Former Employee) –  Jurong East, S00September 14, 2015
Fun Work place with a lot of learning opportunity . and good ethical behaviours in it businesses and employee . with supportive management of no stress on engagement with them .
Pleasant enviroment to work in
Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 14, 2015
Stripping, inspecting and overhauling drilling equipment. Learned a lot about the NOV drill equipment used on the rigs. Management were always very cooperative. Co workers were very pleasant which created a pleasant working environment..
Customer dead lines had to be met so the pressure was on at times
Pros
Socil gatherings for dinner and drinks
Cons
Non
Fun workplace
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 26, 2014
Great company to work with. Great colleagues. Ample training provided. Brings out your best.
FunvWorkplace
Inventory & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  JurongAugust 14, 2014
• Supervise the activities of 4 Warehouse Assistant and 1 Admin Assistant in receiving, put away, picking, packing & shipping.
• Prepare shipping document packing list & commercial invoice for outbound shipment.
• Coordinated personnel requirements for daily cycle count.
• Maintained accurate stock availability to meet sale demand.
• Ensure product is shipped per customer requirements.
• Develop and execute daily operational meeting.
• Manage housekeeping and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
• Implement warehouse safety procedures
• Updating the daily transaction in JD Edward.
A typical MNC that forget human capital is their greatest asset.
An Executive (Former Employee) –  4 Gul WayApril 4, 2014
* Lack of focus & not really willing to invest on grooming talent for the plant although they do claimed they training.... Most of the training are oversea, i.e USA.
* Plant doesn't involve in "after hours" activities to boost working relationship between colleagues.
* Top Level Management does not respect/follow the local culture and insist of doing things which they believe the 'best practice", causing strain on the relationship with the employees in the plant.
* Top level management doesn't have much connection with the lower level, hence relationship, understanding, beliefs cannot gel.
* In short,company doesn't look after the employees. It is very hard of the managers & snr executive to provide necessary support to improve the place into HPC environment when lacking top management support.