National Cancer Centre Singapore Employee Reviews

good for fresh graduate to have some experience
Assistant Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  singaporeJuly 9, 2018
minimum 8.5 hour per day
No overtime fee but sometimes has to stay very late
there is an allowance like housing and phone bill
but no bonus and AWS like other institutes
you can learn a new things if you are new to research field
but promotion may seem impossible
Fun workplace and collegues
Senior Patient Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Outram ParkApril 25, 2018
NCCS gave me the chance to show my abilities. Throughout my journey in NCCS, I was thought many things. Example like handling difficult patients. The most enjoyable part about the job is, teamwork.
Pros
Great collegues
Work Hard Play Hard
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  OutramNovember 6, 2017
if this is your first job, you definitely learn alot! Its definitely a great place to start your career with.
for people going in with experience, its better you have that relevant experience and very very strong technical and research skills. the work is demanding and stressful. All of us work very long hours and at least one of the weekends too.
but the workplace culture is great. people are great. All equally motivated to work together.
one of the best lab i have been!
Pros
great people, great boss
Cons
long hours, not work life balance
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  OutramMay 15, 2017
Learnt all the transfection technique
Learnt all the animal handling
fun place to work
good colleagues
nice supervisors
However, need to deal with clinician
Patient centred hospital with emphasis on research
Cancer Genetics Service, Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 6, 2017
Great management team, with great focus on patient-centred care and clinical research to improve existing cancer treatment methods.

Staff receives ample opportunities to undergo further training to upgrade one's self.
Pros
Great culture, fulfilling roles
Cons
Long hours, many responsibilities
Ok
Senior Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  11 Hospital Drive Singapore 169610August 22, 2016
So far so good,not too bad,stagnant after awhile,benefits are reasonably alright,little and slow progression,sometimes turnover can be very high at times
no on-call job, out patient
Radiographer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 6, 2016
Mostly i do breast imaging

i learned mammography screening and diagnostics
breast biopsy

i earned a bunch of good colleagues

a lot of paper manual work, not computerized work
so human error is expected.

Good working hours. 8am to 5pm
Pros
specialized work
Cons
limited scope to breast
welcoming environment
Assistant Clinical Research Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00March 25, 2014
-A typical day at work: meeting patients doing admin work, facilitates collection, processing and delivery of samples
-Things I have learned: to handle patients information at its strictest confidence and adhere accordingly to specific procedures
-It is a good training ground for conducting clinical trials in terms of facilities both pharmaceutical and in house trials.
-co-workers are friendly, accommodating, approachable and you can see the passion and dedication in them as they deal with the everyday work
-Hardest part is when you are so committed on a certain task and you cannot leave it until its done, then you'd probably want to stay back a little more time just to finish off for the day.
-Most enjoyable part is when you're coming to work and you feel the sense of belongingness, it is a great impact when you are in a new environment and the people around you makes you feel comfortable and gives you importance then everything else comes so handy, convenient and easy.
Supporting working environment
Researcher - Applied Genetics Group (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 14, 2013
I have been working here for 3 years. Overal, I like my work, my boss and my coworker,
Pros
great coworker, good corporate training
Cons
low medical benefits