MSD Employee Reviews

good training system for employee's development
Training partner (Current Employee) –  MSD SINGAPOREJuly 6, 2016
MSD has a good training system for employee's development, and also has a good standardized work and well established system which ensure everyone in the organization follow up appropriately.
Pros
good training system
Cons
work load
A very good shift pattern
Pharmaceutical technician (Current Employee) –  Tuas, S00September 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with MSD despite the journey in Tuas south as the shift patterns does not include working on weekends unless for OT.
Work life balance is great.
Pros
Shift patterns and allowances.
Cons
job security
Fun workplace with good trainers
Chemist II (Former Employee) –  TuasMay 4, 2015
During my 6 year working in MSD, I have gained intensive training on laboratory and documentation skills.

My trainers were very patient and always provide guidance to make sure that I was competent to perform certain task. I have learnt to be a good planner to meet the tight timeline and a good team player.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with conflict among different teams.There were always unforeseen problems raised during own shift and if other team was not considerate enough, this might create misunderstanding and strained the relationship between different teams.

The fun part working here was when working in the in-process control laboratory where there were only 3-4 people in a team. Team mates worked hand-in-hand and helped one another to get the job done to provide support to the production. We got motivated from each other to get the job done.
Pros
Transport Allowance, early dismiss on Friday
Cons
Far working location
Exciting, rewarding working environment
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00September 15, 2013
At present I am working as a Production Engineer in Singapore for one of the worlds largest Pharmaceutical companies, tasked with implementing improvements and increasing packaging output. To date I have increased output 18% with another 50% increase to follow as Modifications/changes are brought online.
I Developed and implemented an effective Predictive and Preventive Maintenance program, along with Pre & Post shift checklists for line Operators and line Technicians to be completed for every Batch.
Very friendly
Finance Associate Specialist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 16, 2013
My colleagues were very friendly. I was able to pick up a lot of skills along the way. The manager was always willing to guide and train you.
Strong company with good values. However too much focus on processes and risk management at the expense of business development.
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00July 14, 2013
The Company focus is predominently on processes and risk management. This is understandable given the high publicity risks and legal risks in the pharmaceutical industry. However this focus is in my view extreme, and has prevented the company from bringing the necessary focus on sales and business development. This has translated into low salaries and incentives for the sales force compared to market, overload of work on the sales force (mainly due to the lengthy manual reporting requirements), few resources allocated to sales (for example insufficient sales portfolio management information). The result has been a growing disatisfaction and demotivation of the sales force, with a high and increasing resignation rate.
Pros
Good culture, job is relatively safe.
Cons
Low remuneration, poor sales culture