Mount Alvernia Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
people are nice
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 12, 2017
manage to start my carrier in nursing in singapore. and slowly I was promoted to Staff Nurse.

I love my colleagues and my ward exposure. If only the upgrading and salary is justified
Pros
people
Cons
slow upgrading and low increment
Friendly environment
Patient Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Thomson RoadJanuary 12, 2017
My superiors and colleagues are encouraging .
They are always boost me to learn more things.
They have never been selfish in teaching me
about their skills.
They treat me equally.
And never looked down on my position.
Pros
Once a month free lunch
Cons
No complaints
Passion
Internship Programme (Former Employee) –  Facilities DepartmentMay 23, 2016
A day in Mount Alvernia Hospital is full of of maintenance work requested by hospital staffs. This is especially true during preparation period for festive period.
Pros
Occasional food treats by higher ups
Cons
Long exposure to hospital environment
Fun Workplace
Engineer (Former Employee) –  upper thomson roadFebruary 26, 2015
• Oversees and monitor planned preventive maintenance program and ensures all the records are documented.
• Oversees matters concerning parts replacement and repairs, maintenance and service activities of all biomedical equipment’s building ,Mechanical and Electrical equipment’s in the Hospital
• Source materials from the supplier and purchase and process the quotation
• Evaluate the condition and maintain records of the working condition of the facility equipment or systems such as air conditioning, air-compressors, generators, lifts, lifting equipment, canteen facility etc. on a regular basis.
• Recommend and implement best practices in facility maintenance as to achieve a safer working environment.
• Responsible for the full scope of building facilities management of the company.
• Manage and liaise with tenants on tenancy matters, feedback and complaints.
• Oversee contractors carrying out rectification work.
• Ability to do procurements & call for tender.
• Job scope includes cost & control on building enhancement, A&A works and horticulture.
• Maintain and update annual inspection and certification of facility equipment in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
• Assisting the FSM for all the Fire safety matters and managing the Fire protection contractors monthly PM
• Weekly walk through with the DDO and CEO to address the Building defects and rectify and update to them.
hectic yet fun days at work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  singaporeFebruary 26, 2015
Both of my jobs were a customer service related job. A typical day when i was a part time waitress would depend on how many customers we had. Most of the time it would have required teamwork and good communication with both the customers and my colleagues. The hardest part would be if there was a colleagues who would be refusing to put in the same amount of effort as the other teammates. The most enjoyable would be definitely making new friends and getting the satisfaction when our guests are happy with the service.
As for my full time staff nurse job, most of the time it would be a hectic day. I worked at a medical/surgical 6 bedded ward where we would receive all kinds of patients. Over here also requires very important teamwork and good communication with both patients and colleagues including other health care professionals. Through this job i had greatly learnt how to manage my time as well, prioritizing my patients care. Most of my co workers were all very helpful as well. Some days we would be short of staff so we would end up taking more patients or doing extra hours or double shifts as well. the hardest part would be when there was a miscommunication or when there were a couple of admissions which comes in together and we're already busy with other post/pre ops or any other patient care. One of the hardest part for both my jobs would also have been dealing with rude and disrespectful guests/patients. There isnt a need to show appreciation but i dont think anyone should be rude. However.. at the end of the day the satisfaction once again comes from healthy and happy
  more... patients. Also ofcourse, happy colleagues as well. We share the workload together :)  less
Pros
free meal when i was a waitress. meal and medical discounts when i was a staff nurse.
Cons
coming across rude and disrespectful people.
Monthly rotation on all clinical analysis departments.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  singaporeFebruary 7, 2015
A good explosure and practice of Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Banking, Microbiology, Fluid and excretion, Immunology and serology and finally phlebotomy.
Pros
Medical and Hospitalization benefits
Cons
No optical coverage
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  820 Thomson Rd, 574623October 20, 2014
Great training program, fun work environment, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help.

-health care benefits are great
-leave benefits are great
Challenging work and friendly colleagues
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Alvernia HospitalOctober 6, 2013
An interesting place to work and learn at the same time. Definitely a great and friendly nurses. They are willing to share and teach certain skills or procedures when asked. I learned how to manage the ward when being allocated as an in-charged.
The hardest part of the job is to deal with demanding patients. Its proven that once a rapport is built, I understand the patient more and able to meet their demand. Smile and to maintain voice tone plays a great part in giving good service to customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job when the patients came back and remember our care rendered to them.:)

Want to know more about Mount Alvernia Hospital?

Ask a question