Ministry of Home Affairs Employee Reviews

Enriching work experience
POLICE OFFICER (Current Employee) –  IslandwideApril 13, 2019
There is always something new to learn and do everyday, no matter how experienced or seasoned you are. The work environment is what you make it to be.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Top down management
Good Organisation to work in
Civil Servant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 10, 2019
Unable to elaborate further based to OSA.
It puts food on the table and I am well taken care of.
Emphasis is on team work and results oriented.
A truly extra-ordinary career
A new experience everyday
Police officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix ParkApril 4, 2019
Everyday is fun, always something new no matter how long you have been on the job.
Integrity
Does it's best
Seeing colleagues leave SPF
Knowing my efforts makes Singapore safe.
Pros
lots of welfare initiatives
Cons
bootlickers
Fun place to work at.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 30, 2019
It's a fun place to work. We attended numerous courses to raise our productivity and there is the annual dinner and dance event. Colleagues are jovial and friendly. There has never been a dull moment working there.
Good Work life Balance
Personnel Officer (Former Employee) –  East SingaporeNovember 20, 2018
Good Work life Balance. The workplace has a good vibrant culture. The job is enjoyable as well as meaningful as it is meant to detect, deter and prevent crime from happening.
Life-long career.
Analyst, Senior Officer, Contact Worke (Former Employee) –  Thomson RoadSeptember 29, 2018
MHA is a good caring employer. It has a good working environment. We worked as a team. The best thing about MHA was when I reached retirement age, they re-employed me, though on contract but the contract was extended for more than 10 years. During the re-employment stage, I took on many new responsibilities, like managing a Visitor Management Programme, arranging visits to my place of work - answering to applications, scheduling the visits and maintaing the data connect with the Programme. I also undertake a new portfolio, that of designing posters, having to learn Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, etc and through hands-on experience, mastered the softwares and became very adept with them. I also went on to using a 3D computer-aided design software, Google Sketckup, when I was assigned jobs to organise exhibitions for the office.

And so on.
Pros
Flexi working hours
Cons
Long hours especially to meet deadline but it was part of the job
A Regimental culture
Station Security Officer (Former Employee) –  NovenaSeptember 21, 2018
Rotating Shifts with the management of team, learned to be independent and confident operating alongside with SOP.
Being alert and competent is important. Able to meet different kinds of people and may handle it differently.
Pros
Allowance given
Cons
Long shift hours
A fun and challenging workplace
Management Executive, NSmen Personnel Officer (Current Employee) –  Ulu PandanMay 5, 2018
As a government sector, the company emphasizes greatly on the welfare of its staffs. The culture may need some adapting to but overall, a good environment to be in.
Earned Invaluable experience
Senior Investigations Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 21, 2017
Spent over a decade amongst great colleagues, staff and supervisors. Learnt most valuable lessons in life which shaped me as a better person. My job gave me much satisfaction in ensuring the safety of my nation.
MHA was a good place to work at.
Cyber Security Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 15, 2017
Worked with uniform personals and lot of learning opportunities.

understanding Co workers who is there to support each other in times of difficulties.
Pros
Good team
Cons
long working hours
Understandable Employers
Persons-in-Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Jurong Police Divisional HeadquartersJuly 29, 2017
They manage a good welfare system between the employees in the workforce and they emphasize on well-being and comfortability within all of them. Feedbacks are also taken to consideration if necessary for improvements to me made within.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
ok to work in
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 23, 2017
don't rem much, except that MHA is a wall of steel. people are old, and process are tightly governed. don't expect too much freedom of speech as there will be minimal.
Government Job
Audit Offier (Current Employee) –  NovenaMarch 13, 2017
Government Job. Expect 8-5 hours work shift, maybe slightly more. What your lifestyle, management, workplace culture will be like, highly depends on who you work with.
Fun workplace
ICA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tuas CheckpointFebruary 7, 2017
- Shift work
- Can take job relating courses
- 'Customer' service
- Handle difficult passengers
- The most enjoyable part of the job is you do not need to bring home any task
Pros
Free yearly groceries
An eye-opening 21 months
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00November 5, 2014
As par of my National Service, I was posted to the Office of the Chief Science and Technology Officer and was most pleased to work in an environment where every effort produced a tangible result (e.g. laboratory supplies for the checkpoint). I most appreciated my helpful and cheerful bosses who taught me how to best acclimate to my first full-on exposure to working life.
Indepth experience with recruitment
Human Resource Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 24, 2014
Best part of the job was being actively involved the production of both print advertisements and TV commercials for officers in the Ministry (police officers, civil defence officers, and central narcotics officers). A large part of the job was spent on the field for the production, making sure there was a balance between reality and fiction.
Collaborative team
System Administrator and Assistant DBA (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 4, 2013
With a forward looking Director always pushing to go over the limits, there is never a dull day. The ministry gave me an opportunity to learn how to run data centers, servers, operations and etc.