METTA SCHOOL Employee Reviews

to give students a better quality life and education
Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 18, 2018
to start work at 7am. in order to cater to school needs eg. replacement of batteries for microphone, starting up the airconditioning and lightings in the hall. To standby for any feedback on facilities not working .
I've learn for the past years that the needs of the students is very important , especially as they are special needs students. Management in the school also requires me to supervise cleaners and contractors.
Workplace culture is to give the students a better quality life and the best in educating them.
The hardest part of the job is to supervise cleaners with special needs. and the most enjoyable part is that the students appreciate your presence in the school.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Waking up early to start work.
very focus on results
Mathematics Curriculum Development Team member (Former Employee) –  eastNovember 9, 2018
able to get work done in a typical day though hours are long
,,,,management's presence is felt ,workplace is very task focus, staff are very guarded, more relax interaction can be better, food is well-provided
Pros
good food/resources
Meaningful job
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  SimeiSeptember 18, 2018
Get to make an impact to lives of children with special needs, and friendly staff who will help you. Challenging yet worthy job as you serve the community.
Pros
free lunch weekly
Continuously thinking forward company
Teacher (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 25, 2017
I learned to set up my own classroom that will be conducive in teaching children with autism. I am able to make an individualized educational program and implement it in the classroom. I am experienced in producing my own resources to cater to the students profile and all this through the support of my Senior teachers and Head of Department. The hardest part of the job would be that of a meltdown from a student and how to handle it without putting ourselves in danger. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the support i would occasionally receive from different colleagues from different departments.
Pros
Understanding and open-minded staff
Cons
The usual gossip-making colleagues
Great environment
Teaching Aide, Metta School (Former Employee) –  SimeiFebruary 23, 2016
Good job security but not much career advancement.
As a TA, you're bounced around everywhere. So there's not much relationship with any one kid. A job that doesn't require brainpower so there's not much learning to do.

Colleagues are mostly nice and the benefits are good. Good working environment. Management is approachable too.
Pros
Free lunch, good medical coverage, nice staff lounge, free parking
Cons
lack of career advancement, not much learning on the job, little training when you start