McDonald's Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BugisDecember 5, 2017
Incharge in Store daily sales operation and crew stuffing, fun working environment with busy schedule always, tend to meet all sort od customers with alot od demands manager to make them smile with satisfaction before they leave the restaurant
Pros
Alot outing
Cons
Less pay
Team work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yew TeeJuly 8, 2017
I have more than 5 years experience in McDonalds.
I learn alot of good service n responsibility..
I have really fun and enjoy the work
Be as good team player
Pros
Free meal
Cons
9 hours
A company who gave me an opportunity to show and believe in my skills and capabulities.
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 22, 2017
In this company we employees were given an opportunity to learn because they gave proper training and classes and inculcate in each and everyone the proper and correct handling of customersatisfaction.

Their overall system is excellent.. I am lovin it.
Family environment
1st Assistance Manager (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastMarch 15, 2017
Development to every staff is a normal culture in the company. Everyone have chances to go for next level. Working life imbalance due to have to work average 12 hours.
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastFebruary 1, 2017
Team Management and Team Work have applied, enjoying the fun working environment, sometimes need to handle customers's complaint. will solve in smooth way
Productive and challenging workplace
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 29, 2016
In McDonald's, everday is different from any other day. It is a busy but fun workplace bacause you get to interact with different type customers and work with different type of personality. It is mostly challenging when it is an unexpected peak day, and a number of staff are unable to come to work. During challenging days, there colleagues that are willing to stay back and help out.
Pros
Flexible working days and hours
Very Fun and a home away from home environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working in Mcdonalds because of the environment. I feel like i was home. I managed 42 staffs. 0-2 turn overs/month. 25% of them are students/part timers. I had so much fun during shifts and able to manage those staffs.
Pros
free foods while on duty, medical benefits, 13th Month pay, Quaterly Bonus, MS twice a month, Management outing
Cons
long hours, no over time
Manage to meet different individual character and really fun to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TampinesOctober 25, 2016
Opportunity to work in different kind of people and places ,meet different nationalities and able to adapt on their culture and tradition,
Able to serve a customer with a smile and see them the satisfaction on their next visit to a certain restaurant.
My happy place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Fairview, PhilippinesOctober 6, 2016
McDonald's is an everyday routine for me. Even though it's my rest day I still go to the store just to meet the people I work with. The workload is somehow stressful and tiring but when you are with the people that you rely on and expect the best from the team, the work gets less frustrating. Only the benefits and incentives are lacking of governance.

The hardest part of the job is when you get a complaint and you solve it by yourself because you are the manager in charge. Also, the good thing in solving problems like this, after you resolve the problem you turn the angry customer into a satisfied one.

I learned in my 3 years of working experience is that, even if you thought you are family and you've been nice to your co-managers... There are some people who can bring you down even if you are friends. So I tell myself never to fully trust again and just rely on yourself at all times. No one will be loyal to you but only yourself. Just be independent and do everything to be the best in you field and don't bring your personal problems at work because that can affect your performance.
Pros
Free meal everyday, Fun to be with crews, Incentives
Cons
Complaints that are obviously mythical, Unpaid overtime, Unnecessary waste charges
Able to built confidence by attending courses
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jurong WestAugust 22, 2016
Able to meet different kind of customer, assist with their needs.
Given chance to be a team leader.
Use the correct step to recover customer.
Work as a team
Pros
Free meals
fun- balanced life
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 22, 2016
*fun and fast-paced environment
*learned training of crews, inventory,ordering, and scheduling
*good management
*kind and understanding co-workers
*no hardest par
*in between shifts joking with co workers
Pros
free meals all the time
Fun place to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Singapore, SingaporeMay 30, 2016
It's a fun place to work with all the aunties and uncles (aged people who work in Singapore). Have Learned a lot when it comes to teamwork and managing people with different kind of age brackets. The hardest part of the job would be the balancing of your job and your social life.Overall, I enjoyed my almost 5 years in McDonald's. It is really fun working with people of Singapore.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 11, 2016
Have to be super fast and accurate in this line, especially when contacting with guest or customer to achieve customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free employee meal
Cons
A place where everyone has a chance for career growth
FIRST ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PUNGGOLFebruary 16, 2016
Mcdonald's is always particular with upholding and protecting its brand. The company is not always about the product that it offers, but it is also about taking care of its employees with a strong belief that if it takes care of the people, the people will take care of the business. This is one of the few companies that gives opportunities to people such as senior citizen, special education, students, and stay-at-home moms to continuously grow and learn. As a manager, working with people from extremely different backgrounds had allowed me to master people skills and I believe that this is one of the most important skills in leading a business. Other than this, mcdonald's had taught me to be a multitasker, problem solver, and be a keen observer. All in all, it was a great learning experience working in mcdonald's especially for the people who aspires to be leaders in businesses.
Pros
Fun working environment, Free meal.
Cons
Long hours, Shift work
Stepping Stone
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 28, 2015
McDonald's is a stepping stone for my career path and has guide/ coach me in the different aspects of the business.It has also coach me on how to manage the systems of the company.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Work/life Balance
good enviroment for learning.
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  kahtibJanuary 19, 2015
environment for fun and enjoy for work, but the salary are no so good.
here are good for environment for safety food safety, and also need a lot of productivity.
All worker need been train and also challenge everyday.
The hardest part is hiring and training in MacDonald
(because the staff are request higher salary, but in market Macdonald are no so higher. training also is need to improve etc.: uncle untie are no so easy to coach. they are very stubborn.)
Most enjoy are hit higher target .
Cons
rotate shift
Supportive and motivative work place
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S00January 15, 2014
Even if its one of the high volume stores in Singapore, there is always team work, moral support and proper coaching.
Moral Support and Guideline equally given
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  singaporeJanuary 11, 2014
Rotating shift duty.
Basic management to effective management skills given with courses on time.
Make each individual more productive with team support.
Friendly working environment even multi-racial.
The hardest part of job handling stress and demanding customers.
Enthusiasm program and gatherings.
Pros
courses offered
Cons
Fun working place in different restuarant.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  SengKangAugust 16, 2013
At Mcd, we manager's alot of new stuff outside company will only stay at there job scope.
but we'll be learning Inventory, people skill, payroll, managment shift work, food safety, hygiene, customer needs and lot more.
Pros
meals provide, medical benefit.
Cons
changing new enviroment
My work experience at McDonald's
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Singapore, Tampines East Community CenterNovember 14, 2012
always love working at McDonlad's, I get to meet new people, learn new things everyday is always a new exciting day. The growth process here is very fast I learned how to run a very smooth shift, to deal with my people and my co-managers. Even though I am a foreigner in this country I am treated fairly. And the thing I enjoy the most is the way I make people smile.
Pros
free food, incentives..