Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Blessed Environment
what you deliver determines what you get. A good environment to learn and grow provided you have a the support of your supervisor. Great Leadership. Many roles to experience if opportunities arises.
Great and amazing journey with Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
It was indeed a seven years of great opportunity and memory created with the company. " Takes good care of the associates so that associates will take good care of the guests" is really proven when you join the Marriott Hotel company. Highly recommended!
Pros
There are a lot of benefits for foreign worker
good working enviroment
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
Challenging and Fun
Working with Starwood have taught me to be focus with achieving sales target. I learned how to handle different types of callers as well as difficult customers on the phone, making reservations for customers in both Asia and Australia and communicating effectively with hotel reservations department.

The hardest part of the job for me sometimes is achieving sales target. There is always coaching sessions to help improve on our sales techniques and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. It is a positive work environment. Managers and colleagues work alongside each there which makes communication easier.
Pros
Hotels and medical benefits
Cons
Long commute
fun team
Coperative team member which is key for success in the long run. Out team demonstrate this criteria. From different nationalities, we still able to work well together.
Productive and fun workplace
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.

Lots of travel opportunities.

Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.

Work recognition and rewards.

Supportive management.

Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
work place culture
its a place were you will learn more things on how to be independent by the guidancne of our F&B Managers.working in this environment, is a challenge on how to think out from the box and to be more creative.
Fun and learn more
Iam looking for job as soon as possible thank you so much for your coorporation. I will learn more at this marriott hotel and giving a good service to make this company to be proud
Pros
Free meals
Cons
8 hours and looking for over time too
Challenging and dynamic
Commitment is required especially for a starting up new hotel.
Strong management system

international brands

memberships worldwide

Secure

Being independent is important.

Guests are the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Laundry and meals
Cons
Require more manpower
Work Environment
Working as a receptionist is like being in the battle field on a daily basis. A lot of people think that it's an easy job but behind the desk it really isn't. Flexibility and passion worked my way to "credibility". I have learned things such as; attention to smallest details, flexibility, pacifying guest, emphathizing, handling complaints, emotional stability, strategizing, building relationshipa and professionalism.

Managment wise, I feel like in every property, in every country there is a difference as to how people manage their associates. And as for my current Job, I am delighted to have a management that is always on top of the game. It makes me eager to work on my shortcomings and just be flawless on every shift. On the other note, making friends at working and keeping a good relationship with my colleagues is not a problem for me. After all, work is work.

The hasrdest part of the job is beating your ownself! Growth can only be achieved when you beat your best enemy, which is no other than you. It is an everyday challenge that you wake up to and in my opinion it is always thrilling to learn new things but it is also the hardest as you just keep on gaging yourself more and more each day. On contrary, the most enjoyable part is when you feel utterly satisfied with what you have done. Or simply when you make a guest happy and you can just see the satsfaction written all over their face.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Low Salary
My stepping stone to be Manager
Learned all the Standards and molded me to strive for being a manager. I had lots of fun working with my Colleagues and truly we are helping each other
A great working experience with good benefits
I am assigned as a Hostess in the Wet Pool area. I am the first point of contact of the guests at W Hotel. It was great working there because of you are able to meet a different people.
During my stay in W Hotel I was able to learn how to basic bartender and I was able to enhance my multi tasking skills. The management was kinda difficult to deal with because in the F&B Industry you know that there are a lot of "boss" you have to obey but it was not a big issue on my part because I am flexible and easy to get a long with.

I had no problem working with my co-workers because as a team you have to be open minded and you should have a give and take relationship for a successful team.

The hardest part of working in Wet Pool Area is that you are working under the sun and you are still working under the rain.

The most enjoyable part is working everyday and meeting new & old guests and working with my colleagues.
Pros
Free food in the hotel
Cons
Working under the sun & rain
Fun working environment place
Learn how to take trays, set up nicely, how to pour tea, wine, soft drinks in a polite way. Learn how to handle customers. Enjoy being there because they have fun working mates.
Pros
free lunches
fun work place
it was my part time when i was doing my ITE. i worked there for very long. After my school i rushed to go to work to get my school fees and for my pocket money.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far
trainee waiter
Worked as trainee waiter inSingapore Marriott Hotel for three months, where I used to prepare breakfast
buffet area in Marriott Cafe, Taking Orders, Serving Guest, Preparing Mise en place, worked as runner,

making and serving cafe and wines
Pros
all good
Cons
all good
Fun working environment
Nice working environment with nice colleagues, good bosses that will help to assist their associate to achieve their goals.
Fun working environment.
The working environment was very fun and productive. Able to manage inventory and operating materials. Worked in team comprising different nationalities, attending needs of guest from different places as well.
Productive and fun workplace
- Fun and exciting
- It takes teamwork to get the job done

- Supportive management

- Supportive and kind co-workers

- When there are no rooms for guest due to full house occupancy

- When guest/s appreciate us and thank us for their great stay
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun workplace as I work at graveyard hours with a lady partner.
Typical work day in and out, we handle ledgers, figures, prudential in work, reports. I learned to be more careful and always alert. My partner is helpful and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is there is no correction or amendment that could be done as if one move made is a mistake, then all figures wrong or perhaps there is discrepancies and we are answerable to the account department and other department of the hotel as well. The most enjoyable part is we enjoy the staff gatherings if there is any function that the management made for the hotel staffs and we enjoy the staff benefits.
Pros
Free dinner, supper, meal or staff meal.
Cons
If a mistake done, we happen to face discrepancy and answerable to the Account Department.
highly productive company
St. Regis hotel is a luxury hotel, I work there as a intern, but i learned a lot from this hotel. it helps me to learn something like how to communicate with customers, how to build a good relationship with customers, how to deal with customer complains, it is also a chance for me to know the inside of a company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working schedule is not flexible
Fun place since we do all events.
Sometimes morning and night serving all type of people and all kind of events mostly Indian wedding. We cater for all events, should checkout at asitha wedding services.
Pros
free food