Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun company
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  EsplanadeApril 9, 2018
We would walk around preparing to get all the required utensils and proper table setting done. As such i learnt the way the work must be done and what procedures i have to adhere to. The manager was a kind person who would go through a lot of trouble to help us when we needed him and when the customer had called for his presence. I met a lot of people who were about the same age as me who were able to communicate with me without any constraints. The hard part was when the customers would talk to me about anything as i was busy preparing for the next round of food. However it was enjoyable as I was able to learn about different people and their lifestyles.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Lots of walking
productive to grow healthy
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 22, 2018
I learned how to control the chiller and understand the cooling tower system while maintaining the function. plumbing and water tank, exhaust fan, fan coil unit, AHU, kitchen equipment, electrical basic, backwash swimming pool, attend room side deffect,
Pros
free lunch & dinner
Cons
Fun place and many opportunity for career development
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 8, 2018
This is an equal employment practices company with many development opportunities and it have given me lots of guidance on handling people's and operation and revenue management.I will definitely still with the growing group like Marriott International.
Great culture and excellent colleagues
Management intern (Former Employee) –  Ritz Carlton Hotel SingaporeDecember 7, 2017
Excellent learning opportunity and great mentors to learn with. Take away is the great culture and excellent service standards. Dealing with difficult customers are challenging but interesting as I learned to managed along the course of work.
Pros
Free meals & uniform
Cons
Rotating shifts
it was busy place
Captain in Greenhouse (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 14, 2017
make sure all the food order out on time . set up table and help pool ordering. it was new team, was take time to use to it each other ...working long hours.
Pros
long hour, outdoor outlet
Cons
nil
Amazing experience
Food and Beverage intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 12, 2017
They truly follow their moto "ladies and gentlemen serving Ladies and gentleman" enjoyed every moment of it and gained very valuable experience, thought me everything i know.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
understaffed
Work place is fun enjoyable , challenging.
Part Time Waiter (Former Employee) –  SentosaSeptember 16, 2017
W-hotel is a place where i can call it home. A place where you can have fun and work at the same time. People are Friendly and helpful. The task given to me as A part time captain was challenging as i was in-charge of half the ballroom where i have to over look over 20staffs making sure everything us going in order . But the biggest issue was the guest as the guest paid quite a huge amount for the hotel so we have to provide our besg service that we can ever give. And usually working in W-hotel we were 12hours a day which is from 4pm to 4am in the morning is long working hours but it have mentally prep me for the future work life just like cetris cisco
Pros
Free meals, shuttle bus
Cons
distance
I dould lick to do job at yur company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 5, 2017
It is good for workers nd the our experience will be increse nd each and every staff is very frndly nd very cometataive and its the interlationl compaly every one licks to do a job..
Pros
Food and acomedation
Cons
Heltcare
Bartender
Bartender (Former Employee) –  SuntecJuly 3, 2017
With my professional experience in Ritz-Carlton hotel for 7 months, I have obtained communication skills, professional customer service, the importance of cooperation with teams, and exceptional customer service. Because of industrious and responsible personalities, ‘5am’ morning shift was charged with my duty during 3 months. Below elements are the major tasks during the internship. Importantly, during the Formula 1 period on September, I have learned that how the teamwork is important to create wow services and to provide professional services for the guests.
非常好奇你们继续下去
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore General HospitalJuly 1, 2017
非常好希望你会继续下去让我们将多一点钱 请问你们会推出更好的赚钱的方式 可以让我们真的工作 非常好奇你们继续下去 希望你们会退休更新的方法更好赚钱的方式
Good
IRD Captain (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 30, 2017
Overall Ritz Carlton Millenia Singapore was a very Nice company
Fun workplace
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  PromenadeMay 25, 2017
I worked at The Ritz - Carlton Millenia for a day 3 event for the Formula 1 Grand Prix, unfortunately I did not have to chance to discover much about the hotel or get to know very well the people I had worked with but in the short time that I was there I could see that the Ritz was an interesting place to be working in.
Pros
Good food
good working enviroment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 10, 2017
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
Environnement de travail agréable
Stagiaire (Former Employee) –  SingapourMarch 16, 2017
Très bonnes conditions de travail dans une ambiance conviviale.
Challenging and Fun
Sales Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 8, 2017
Working with Starwood have taught me to be focus with achieving sales target. I learned how to handle different types of callers as well as difficult customers on the phone, making reservations for customers in both Asia and Australia and communicating effectively with hotel reservations department.

The hardest part of the job for me sometimes is achieving sales target. There is always coaching sessions to help improve on our sales techniques and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. It is a positive work environment. Managers and colleagues work alongside each there which makes communication easier.
Pros
Hotels and medical benefits
Cons
Long commute
fun team
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 8, 2017
Coperative team member which is key for success in the long run. Out team demonstrate this criteria. From different nationalities, we still able to work well together.
Happy work and Happy life
Room service (Former Employee) –  Bei JingMarch 6, 2017
I was work 8 hours for per day and I learn some room service skills and management. My department needs more teamwork and basic service skill. Besides, the hardest part of the job is face to the customer complaints.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Sales - Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 6, 2017
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.
Lots of travel opportunities.
Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.
Work recognition and rewards.
Supportive management.
Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
work place culture
Captain (Current Employee) –  Food and BeverageMarch 3, 2017
its a place were you will learn more things on how to be independent by the guidancne of our F&B Managers.working in this environment, is a challenge on how to think out from the box and to be more creative.
Service Crew
Waiter (Former Employee) –  7 raffles AveFebruary 18, 2017
The very first job i had, the first dollars i earned was in this company " We are Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen " . Had the opportunity to taste some really good food. Additionally learn about how a hotel works, got to meet some celebrities while they were dining.
Pros
Food
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K