Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardOctober 4, 2018
Managing stalls and i learnt how to do cashiering. Hardest part of the job was having no work life balance. Enjoyable part was to be able to work with friends
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
Stable workplace and nice colleagues.
ADMIN (Former Employee) –  SuntecMay 20, 2018
I'm glad to be working for this company as I felt that I am looking forward to everyday working.To add on,the nice colleagues and the work are manageable everyday when I was working part time.Everything was nice and often they would have a party for Fridays,where it is a day to end the week.I felt that this is something to boost the employee's morale to continue working.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Long working hours if you didn't finish your work
Productive and fun company
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  EsplanadeApril 9, 2018
We would walk around preparing to get all the required utensils and proper table setting done. As such i learnt the way the work must be done and what procedures i have to adhere to. The manager was a kind person who would go through a lot of trouble to help us when we needed him and when the customer had called for his presence. I met a lot of people who were about the same age as me who were able to communicate with me without any constraints. The hard part was when the customers would talk to me about anything as i was busy preparing for the next round of food. However it was enjoyable as I was able to learn about different people and their lifestyles.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Lots of walking
productive to grow healthy
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 22, 2018
I learned how to control the chiller and understand the cooling tower system while maintaining the function. plumbing and water tank, exhaust fan, fan coil unit, AHU, kitchen equipment, electrical basic, backwash swimming pool, attend room side deffect,
Pros
free lunch & dinner
Not really satisfied
Asst captain (Current Employee) –  OrchardFebruary 17, 2018
In this hotel line I learn how to be professional the best part is to serve the guest and can meet different type of community and the most enjoyable time is to have some knowledge about the wines and food...
Pros
Free foods in cafe
Cons
Over time always there and flexible time of working
Fun place and many opportunity for career development
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 8, 2018
This is an equal employment practices company with many development opportunities and it have given me lots of guidance on handling people's and operation and revenue management.I will definitely still with the growing group like Marriott International.
Great culture and excellent colleagues
Management intern (Former Employee) –  Ritz Carlton Hotel SingaporeDecember 7, 2017
Excellent learning opportunity and great mentors to learn with. Take away is the great culture and excellent service standards. Dealing with difficult customers are challenging but interesting as I learned to managed along the course of work.
Pros
Free meals & uniform
Cons
Rotating shifts
大家都很好相處
Pastry trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 27, 2017
廚房裡的每一位師傅都很好相處
如果遇到困難或是不懂的地方
大家很會很熱心的幫忙
不會把你丟在一邊不理你
即使他們也不會但他們也是會幫忙想解決辦法
Work place is fun enjoyable , challenging.
Part Time Waiter (Former Employee) –  SentosaSeptember 16, 2017
W-hotel is a place where i can call it home. A place where you can have fun and work at the same time. People are Friendly and helpful. The task given to me as A part time captain was challenging as i was in-charge of half the ballroom where i have to over look over 20staffs making sure everything us going in order . But the biggest issue was the guest as the guest paid quite a huge amount for the hotel so we have to provide our besg service that we can ever give. And usually working in W-hotel we were 12hours a day which is from 4pm to 4am in the morning is long working hours but it have mentally prep me for the future work life just like cetris cisco
Pros
Free meals, shuttle bus
Cons
distance
I dould lick to do job at yur company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 5, 2017
It is good for workers nd the our experience will be increse nd each and every staff is very frndly nd very cometataive and its the interlationl compaly every one licks to do a job..
Pros
Food and acomedation
Cons
Heltcare
非常好奇你们继续下去
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore General HospitalJuly 1, 2017
非常好希望你会继续下去让我们将多一点钱 请问你们会推出更好的赚钱的方式 可以让我们真的工作 非常好奇你们继续下去 希望你们会退休更新的方法更好赚钱的方式
Great and amazing journey with Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel
Guest Service Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 12, 2017
It was indeed a seven years of great opportunity and memory created with the company. " Takes good care of the associates so that associates will take good care of the guests" is really proven when you join the Marriott Hotel company. Highly recommended!
Pros
There are a lot of benefits for foreign worker
good working enviroment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 10, 2017
a good working environment with supportive fellow workers. employee relationship is fantastic management take care of the staff welfare. enjoying the support of the fellow workers
Pros
meal and uniform provided
Challenging and Fun
Sales Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 8, 2017
Working with Starwood have taught me to be focus with achieving sales target. I learned how to handle different types of callers as well as difficult customers on the phone, making reservations for customers in both Asia and Australia and communicating effectively with hotel reservations department.

The hardest part of the job for me sometimes is achieving sales target. There is always coaching sessions to help improve on our sales techniques and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. It is a positive work environment. Managers and colleagues work alongside each there which makes communication easier.
Pros
Hotels and medical benefits
Cons
Long commute
fun team
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 8, 2017
Coperative team member which is key for success in the long run. Out team demonstrate this criteria. From different nationalities, we still able to work well together.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Sales - Telemarketing (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 6, 2017
Fantastic workplace.
Good welfare for staff.
Lots of travel opportunities.
Lots of skills upgrading opportunities.
Work recognition and rewards.
Supportive management.
Good career growth opportunity
Pros
Good learning ground
Cons
Salary too low
work place culture
Captain (Current Employee) –  Food and BeverageMarch 3, 2017
its a place were you will learn more things on how to be independent by the guidancne of our F&B Managers.working in this environment, is a challenge on how to think out from the box and to be more creative.
Fun and learn more
Host, captain, server, front office (Former Employee) –  City hall esplanadeFebruary 7, 2017
Iam looking for job as soon as possible thank you so much for your coorporation. I will learn more at this marriott hotel and giving a good service to make this company to be proud
Pros
Free meals
Cons
8 hours and looking for over time too
Challenging and dynamic
VIP Executive (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 6, 2017
Commitment is required especially for a starting up new hotel.
Strong management system
international brands
memberships worldwide
Secure
Being independent is important.
Guests are the most fun part of the job.
Pros
Laundry and meals
Cons
Require more manpower
Work Environment
Receptionist / Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  OrchardSeptember 25, 2016
Working as a receptionist is like being in the battle field on a daily basis. A lot of people think that it's an easy job but behind the desk it really isn't. Flexibility and passion worked my way to "credibility". I have learned things such as; attention to smallest details, flexibility, pacifying guest, emphathizing, handling complaints, emotional stability, strategizing, building relationshipa and professionalism.

Managment wise, I feel like in every property, in every country there is a difference as to how people manage their associates. And as for my current Job, I am delighted to have a management that is always on top of the game. It makes me eager to work on my shortcomings and just be flawless on every shift. On the other note, making friends at working and keeping a good relationship with my colleagues is not a problem for me. After all, work is work.

The hasrdest part of the job is beating your ownself! Growth can only be achieved when you beat your best enemy, which is no other than you. It is an everyday challenge that you wake up to and in my opinion it is always thrilling to learn new things but it is also the hardest as you just keep on gaging yourself more and more each day. On contrary, the most enjoyable part is when you feel utterly satisfied with what you have done. Or simply when you make a guest happy and you can just see the satsfaction written all over their face.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Low Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

58.1K