Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Tough and underappreciated
Assistant Sales Manager, Corporate Travel (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 24, 2019
Alot of politics and bootlicking. You are expected to OT and will not be compensated. Bosses are micro managers and expect things done their way. Starting pay is low and salary increments is pathetic. Even when the company is doing well, don't expect the bonus to be high.
Pros
Free lunch, Aws
Cons
Expected to OT, plenty of office politics
good working environment but no recognition
Fitness Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MOSINNovember 7, 2018
almost a decade working in a department where by take in from scratch, with no proper SOP, checklist, FLHSS checklist, FORBES standard, etc until now what my department have become and achieve..What i did goes to a blind management and direct superior.Not fair on appraisal been conduct from superior that have no knowledge on the dept and how the things run on daily basic. No carrier path for a true and loyal employee. Management make a comparison on service standards but not on salary standards to be fair as 5 star hotel. taking 3 and 4 star salary standards and yet need 5 star standards service.men on the ground voice never been taken for consideration.
Pros
Good place to gain experience on 5 star FORBES standards hotel
Cons
Salary doesn't match on the 5 star status
Awful place to work
Concierge (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 4, 2018
Managers and supervisors think creating a hostile work environment is acceptable. Very little support from leaders. Quick to blame but extremely slow to compliment. Leaders are quick to push blame to staff eve when they are at fault. Very little accountability
Nice place
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 27, 2018
A slightly busy work environment but it was fun overall as I get to meet people. I have learnt how to manage and prioritise my work under time constraints which is a handy skill in the retail and similar industry.
Oriental Hospitality
Guest Services Executive - Front Office (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2018
One of the best working experience. Sadly it wasnt at the right time for my career. Would love to work with the organisation again. A market leader in hospitality
Fun working enviroment
Guest services (Former Employee) –  City HallJanuary 1, 2018
we learn how to manage the hotels rooms and as well as guiding the guiding the guest to their respective room, we also learn what are the standards of each rooms have and we enjoy interacting with guest. the most hardest part of the job was actually doing up the rooms as you have to know a certain standard and also it have to leave up to the standard
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Standing for long hours
Fun environment and cultures
Spa Concierge Intern (Former Employee) –  City HallDecember 27, 2017
Having a good team member working together from front desk, gym, bell man, f&b restaurant and room service. Quite frequent the hotel organised team bonding activities.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Na
sad life
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  promenadeOctober 23, 2017
working for hours and no OT pay. most seniors are very bossy and never friendly.
quality of kitchen food is amazing.
culture seems bleak because of very long hours of work and demanding roster even for interns.
i enjoy most when clocking out
Pros
high quality results and 5star treatment for guests
Cons
dreading when work begins and long hours no ot pay drains my passion almost instantly as an intern
Working for more than 6 years
Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 9, 2017
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group gives me an opportunity to grow. I must say this is my first major job. And working in this company which provides an excellent service and making sure to exceed customer satisfaction is a pride for every employee.
Pros
free meal for all confirmed staff
Cons
short staff
Productive working environment
Chef De Partie (Former Employee) –  City HallSeptember 2, 2017
as in the cafe mostly we do split shift

in hotel we learn that hygiene standard is very important

we practice i culture that we will never say no to our guest

fun and love team
passionate and dedicated in what jobs he doing. always positive and happy working.
Guest Service Executive (Former Employee) –  marina BayAugust 22, 2017
flexible in work. always punctual and dedicated on work. always looking forward to learn and and share the knowledge and skills. helping and creating more opinions or suggestion tp growing up the revenue of the company.
Pros
benefits in medical and various bonuses
Cons
long hours and split hours
Excellent Hotel with top notch customer service in a first class environment.
Front Desk Agent, Concierge (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this fine Hotel Establishment located in Singapore, Malaysia. After many years of extreme customer service work on Cruise Ships traveling the entire globe, it was nice to concentrate on a static property without having it move to a different country everyday. I believe this experience is the impetus to my new goal of re-entering The Hospitality Industry even if I have to take a serious cut in pay to do so. I learned here that I do in fact enjoy making sure guests have the ultimate experience and return home undeniably pampered with the sincere aim of coming back on another visit.
Pros
Great perks, great environment, wonderful benefits and super team of professionals.
A productive workplace
Intern as Guest Service Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 20, 2017
I learned a lot from this internship as it teaches me on how to handle guest's request and how to carry on a conversation properly. The workplace culture is fun as teamwork is the most important rule, hence we were always helping each other. The hardest part of the job is when the Club were short of manpower, hence we have to work extra hard. However, it help me enhance on my time management and the most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the guests and the fact that we, colleagues are working together to go through the hardships.
Pros
Free meals, free transport when work shift starts at 6 AM, Medical benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive and Knowledgeable
F&B Executive (Current Employee) –  City HallMay 21, 2017
A very fine working place with high standards requirement which will able to allow yourself to improve every day and pursue more knowledge and skills.
Pros
Good place to learn and improve
Cons
No work life balance
nice working enviroment
Buthcer Chef - Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Singapore City HallApril 11, 2017
good working enviroment, good team players.good training ground for those new in the F&B Trade- Culinary. as there are things to learn from differernt chefs.
productive
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orchard Tower SingaporeFebruary 15, 2017
working at this company is making me who I am today, I learned so much in my colleagues, in my environment, the people that I work with, they thought me how to be open minded and to see the different kind of perspective that's around me. working from different culture was so much fun especially sharing some ideas and cultures and our values and food, and differences and work thing out with our mistakes..
Training Ground
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raffles BlvdJanuary 19, 2017
Its a good training ground which you can learn a lot of things. And i do believe for a new fresh challenge the other company.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Learning that you can get is amazing
Productive and Pleasure of Working
Assistant Restaurant Chef (Current Employee) –  5 Raffles Avenue, Marina SquareOctober 9, 2016
Menu developing for create new genearation of buffet and A-la Carte comcept. Work closely with Stewarding, Service Managers regarding of any operations issueand make innediate decision to settle the problem. Managing, training and recruiting a brigade of chefs. Ensuring HACCP standard being folllow strictly across all chefs.
Pros
Good Benefit
Cons
Long Hours Working
Fun workplace
GUEST SERVICE EXECUTIVE/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  OrchardJanuary 20, 2016
For 6 months I can say that my On The Job Training in this place gives me an ideas how to start career. Workmates help me to be a better and productive trainee.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
yup fun at palce nice enviornment
Front Office under Concierge (Former Employee) –  singaporeJanuary 2, 2016
Always wants a good atmosphere where u can work freely ... Work as Team ... Learned so many things if u working in a 5 star hotel u knw the best dealings with the customer how they talk and work like i said earlier atmosphere ... had a great time now looking forward to get this opportunity again in any organisation...
Pros
yes hotel provide free lunch dinner etc...