Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Compassionate and driven work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, BristolJuly 31, 2018
Work was enjoyable, the company as a whole are very understanding of personal circumstances. The role itself is very intense and immersive so a genuine interest is needed. Management were well organised but I felt little human interest in ensuring that all staff gel as a team - more out of work activities could help this? V good bonus system
Pros
50% discount, product knowledge and living wage
Cons
Lack of overtime availability, stand offish management
Fun but Pushy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 19, 2018
The job was good for seasonal but I wouldn't want to work there for a long time, I personally didn't enjoy how pushy I had to be towards the customers. Even if the customer didn't need help I had to be talking to them, recommending products, informing, and when they would tell me they wanted to look around I had to be within five feet of them in case they had a question. This is just Lush's policy. Management was amazing, they really cared for you.
Welcoming
christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Romford Town, Greater LondonJune 14, 2018
It was my first retail job and they made me feel completely comfortable, the management was great and very supportive. The training was informative and helpful.
Pros
fun and encouraging work environment
Cons
required a lot of knowledge in a short time period
Amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
Lush's philosophy is more of being there for your customer than attempting to sell their products. They are founded off caring advice and sincerity. The company exactly tells you to get personal with your customer through consultations so that it can be more rewarding on their part, and also yours.
It was nice
Lush Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 26, 2018
It was nice and I enjoyed it overall however it could be quite hective at time and we generally are overstaffed. Discounts are greta and everyone is super nice.
Relaxed and inclusive workplace
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SheffieldApril 18, 2018
The company is a very enjoyable company to work for. The staff at all levels are passionate and dedicated. They support their staff in numerous ways, this includes in-store and external training. You learn not only about the products you are selling but about the ingredients contained in it and where and how it was sourced. Also, you learn about the effects certain ingredient has on the face and the body.
Pros
50% off products
Lovely workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCApril 4, 2018
I've worked seasonally for LUSH twice now, and I really enjoyed it both times. There are lots of opportunity for rewards based on your performance, and the overall workplace culture is really positive.
Lush isn’t the place to work at.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 30, 2018
Working at Lush wasn’t my favorite. My manager was very fake & she would put on a persona when talking to customers. A big thing Lush believes in is not criticizing customers & my manager stressed that, yet the second a customer my manager or any other staff members had, they would talk about how horrible the customer was. It was also very cliquey & core staff treated seasonals as if they were superior to them. They don’t follow the Lush values & couldn’t care less about them. Overall, I would never work at a Lush again. But if you want to, don’t work at the one in PBG, Fl!!!
Pros
discounts
Cons
rude staff, breaks are not long enough
Would rather work in the factory than retail.
Seasonal Sales Associate & Product Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed my brief time working with LUSH products, learning a lot about natural cosmetics and skin and hair care. I also learned a lot about how to give good customer service through their rigorous training.
Productive & Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2018
All staff members were extremely friendly. Great atmosphere to work in. Very diverse staff. Benefits and perks were a great addition to the job. Overall, a super fun and energetic environment to work in.
Productive and supportive workplace
Seasonal Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West MidlandsMarch 4, 2018
The training given was sufficient for the role and I was supported by colleagues in areas I struggled with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and making every consultation tailored to the individuals needs. The hardest part of the job was managing tasks and customers during the busy Christmas period.
Pros
Staff discount, careers progression, pension scheme.
Challenging but worth it
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ManchesterFebruary 28, 2018
Lush is a hard place to work as you are required to be friendly and communicative AT ALL TIMES. No time to slack or relax here. But salary is very good and discount is also worth it if you like the products.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no breaks
I loved it.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Working at Lush was an overall enjoyable experience. I was a seasonal employee during the Christmas season so I worked during the busiest time of the year. Training was paid and overall fun, interactive and hands on. It's a lot of information to remember but getting to look at, smell, and touch products helped me to retain it all. You mostly just focus on a few key ingredients and their benefits to help describe their effects and uses to the customers. I loved my co-workers and being on the floor with them made the day go by quickly. We got double pay and time and a half for holidays and if we reached our sales goal for the season, we could get an additional $4-8 an hour added to our check for that month. Not to mention the 50% employee discount.

I was originally only trained in the Shower, Bath and Gift section but in downtime, I willingly cross-trained into Haircare and some skincare which was really beneficial for my own needs as well as making my interactions with customers more effective. Everyone there was always willing to help and the store itself had a really great energy.

There sometimes was friendly competitions going on but it was all for the sake of trying to reach our sales goal so we could all get that bonus.
Pros
Employee discounts, positive atmosphere
Exciting and inclusive workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607February 12, 2018
Workday moves quickly, coworkers are friendly and motivated. The culture at Lush is extremely accepting and focused on equality. The work is fun and engaging. There's always work to do.
Pros
safe workplace, positive environment
Cons
no down time
Best Place Ever
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Lush was honestly one of the best places to work at. The general manager was the sweetest most caring person you can ever encounter as well as the rest pf the employees, you feel like family. A typical day of work included starting your shift off by getting a run through of what your day would look like by a fellow employee, so you get an idea. I learned how to properly communicate and demonstrate products on everybody and explain proper benefits for each ingredient. Sadly, it was just a seasonal position but I would highly recommend working for Lush!
Super fun and friendly place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I only worked at Lush for a short amount of time, but it was an exciting, friendly, fast-paced place to work. I never felt that I was competing with my coworkers, it was very familial and collaborative, with us all working for a certain sales goal for the store. Since they are so ethically and ecologically positive, I always felt comfortable and confident on the positive impact on the earth.
fun workplace environment
Seasonal Sale Ambassador Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ONJanuary 31, 2018
workplace culture was different, but I believe I did try my best to blend in. The management was a bit unfair. I did see a lot of favouritism. The team member or co-workers were very nice and heloful to understand the items that was being sold.
Fun Environment, Not ideal conpensation
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 24, 2018
I had an incredible amount of fun workingg with LUSH. My managers and team were amazing. It was the firat job I actively looked forward to going to work.
That said, it was very much a second job. Compensation varies by city and location, but I made minimum wage where I lived which even working full time with a roommate would have made it impossible to make bills.
Pros
Discounts, Great environment
Cons
Compensation
poor management
Seasonal Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 22, 2018
I am a huge fan of Lush products, which was why I wanted to work here in the first place. The best part was the 50% off store discount. The management, however, is lacking professionalism. it took me over a month for my first paycheck and I am still owed one more and its been over a month since my contract ended.
Pros
free bath bombs
Cons
on your feet all day
Great environment with lovely co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2018
Had an amazing time working for this company. They have very high standards for employees which helped me personally grow as a sales rep. Would love to work with this company again in the near future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2