Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Great Energy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
I would come and begin on the floor immediately after being checked in by a floor leader. I enjoyed learning product knowledge and using products regularly. The energy of the company and those working there made it enjoyable to come every day.
Pros
Energy, products, management
Cons
being seasonal and fighting others for a position
Such ma fun place to work!
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, HampshireJuly 13, 2017
Great company to work with, great ethics, great environment, fun and bubbly people to work with and a very chilled productive work place. Lots of benefits such as 50% discount! Can't complain!
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Have to have a lot of knowledge on ALL the products
fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 4, 2017
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
Fun place to work with an amazing team
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QCMay 18, 2017
I always enjoyed walking into work no matter what kind of day I had. Not only do you get to work as a team but you get to be part of this amazing family. If you're all about natural products, no animal cruelty and equity this the store for you.
great experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 16, 2017
learned a lot about natural ingredients in beauty products . the training they provide you with get you really familiar with all of their products and they teach you everything from how to interact with a customer to how to work the register. I have really bad anxiety and management was super understanding and supportive, i was a part of a lovely team. i would definitely work there again.
Pros
great customer interactions
Cons
very busy workplace
Enjoyed the products
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  queen stMay 6, 2017
never ever be seasonal there. it is crowded and they make you pretty much harass the customers. They make you bother them constantly even if the customer doesn't want help.
Fantastically managed company
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  CardiffApril 3, 2017
Fantastic management, all staff treated equally and fairly.
A lot is asked from you to do your job well, but then you receive a lot in return.
Anyone who starts, regardless of age, is on living wage - £7.40 per hour. Lots of staff benefits, team challenges and prizes, along with being given lots of free products to try and test too.
Lovely working environment, real team spirit.
Pros
Great team, good money and benefits
Cons
Lots of 'effort', constantly talking to customers
Supportive and fun
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of EdinburghFebruary 27, 2017
Lush Edinburgh are very supportive and encourage you to do your best. They teach you a great deal about the products and really help to improve your customer service skills.
The store became very busy during the Christmas Period so it became quite stressful and busy.
A job that is food for the soul...
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  CarlisleFebruary 25, 2017
Working at Lush Cosmetics is fantastic, once you've done the training and settled into your store I don't think you'll find a nicer environment with better support or benefits. The ethics of the ingredients are not only a massive selling point for the products, but knowing that everything is natural and fairly traded feeds the soul because you know nothing is wasted or bad for the environment.
Pros
Extensive Training, Staff Discount, Living wage
Great environment to work
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetFebruary 22, 2017
Great working environment just the insecurity of always being a temp isn't nice. The working hours are great and there is normally plenty of overtime if needed. Daily bonuses can be achieved which of course is always nice.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Can only be a temp

Want to know more about Lush Cosmetics?

Ask a question
Worst job at ballistics lush
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, UKFebruary 5, 2017
Management but especially team leaders were a bully bunch of slave drivers.
Had little respect for English employees and would not ask you for the overtime shifts. Negative feedback was given in bucket loads for not reaching the impossible targets (only a chance of achieving them working through your breaks)
Pros
sometimes they gave you broken rejected bath bombs as a token of your soul breaking work
Cons
Fire radio was there choosen method of torture
Favorite place to work and shop!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I left this job a happier and more confident young woman! Great end to 2016 and an even better start to 2017. A typical work day at LUSH starts with being warmly and personally greeted by your fellow employees. I was a sales ambassador on the floor where I got to know our customers, cut and weighed solid soaps and facial cleansers, worked on till, restocked all products and preformed live demos in the store to ensure quality and trust within the individual consumer.
Pros
supportive team, ethical company, advancment oppertunity
Cons
location
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UKJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work and full of interesting friendly people who share a common ethic. An ethic of green consumerism and low impact natural products shared by the company itself. Nice people and brand.
Great company to work for
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work. Part-time staff are always uplifting. However, the full-time floor leaders were very harsh in the way they spoke to part-time workers.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Overly-stern floor leaders
Really lovely place to work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West YorkshireJanuary 4, 2017
Loved working here, I always got loads of free stuff and had a wonderful team. We had daily briefs and store budgets to achieve which was competitive but in a fun way in which we had incentives to keep us enthusiastic.

Management were very supportive however at my interview for a new year contract, I didn't get the job because apparently I wasn't passionate enough. Which really made me sad because Lush was the only thing I was passionate about and I know i had good product knowledge, plus I was the only Xmas temp to be contracted the most hours so I felt upset I didn't get the job and 5 others did.

Overall you have to have the enthusiasm and the passion for the job, whilst giving good customer service. My time there was enjoyable throughout but my end of contract/beginning of another was disappointing.
Pros
Lots of incentives, free testers, happy environment
Cons
lunch was usually delayed
It takes a certain type of personality
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 18, 2016
Fun job but very stressful sometimes. You would constantly have to be on a customer's back even if they didn't want help which could get frustrating.
Overall it was a fun job, though, and the other staff were wonderful and amazing to work with.
Amazing benefits if you can look past the management...
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  CardiffDecember 15, 2016
If you can look past the management this job is beautiful, great benefits, nice atmosphere (until the doors are closed) and its an easy job per say. However, some customers do not like being jumped on and will rebuff you which will make you feel pants and management will jump down you throat for this. This happens around 1-5 times a day depending on your luck. It leaves you deflated and self conscious.
Pros
50% off and good wage
Cons
High expectations and catty management
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 9, 2016
I enjoy working at Lush Cosmetics! It's a great place to interact with customers, help people find products they will love, and work with great employees and managers.
Amazing Opportunity
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 1, 2016
I am a seasonal employee at Lush and I could not be happier with the job! Amazing staff and management, great work atmosphere, a lot of good perks to the job, and everyone is always happy to be there. I would always recommend someone to work here if they wanted,.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2016
The co-workers are amazing people. The staff at lush are very friendly and accepting. A typical day at Lush would be chat-in with the floor manager then go out onto floor. By the end of the shift they would have a chat-out. During the chats they asked how your day was and what goals you have for your shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Not enough shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2