Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

I loved it.
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Working at Lush was an overall enjoyable experience. I was a seasonal employee during the Christmas season so I worked during the busiest time of the year. Training was paid and overall fun, interactive and hands on. It's a lot of information to remember but getting to look at, smell, and touch products helped me to retain it all. You mostly just focus on a few key ingredients and their benefits to help describe their effects and uses to the customers. I loved my co-workers and being on the floor with them made the day go by quickly. We got double pay and time and a half for holidays and if we reached our sales goal for the season, we could get an additional $4-8 an hour added to our check for that month. Not to mention the 50% employee discount.

I was originally only trained in the Shower, Bath and Gift section but in downtime, I willingly cross-trained into Haircare and some skincare which was really beneficial for my own needs as well as making my interactions with customers more effective. Everyone there was always willing to help and the store itself had a really great energy.

There sometimes was friendly competitions going on but it was all for the sake of trying to reach our sales goal so we could all get that bonus.
Pros
Employee discounts, positive atmosphere
Exciting and inclusive workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607February 12, 2018
Workday moves quickly, coworkers are friendly and motivated. The culture at Lush is extremely accepting and focused on equality. The work is fun and engaging. There's always work to do.
Pros
safe workplace, positive environment
Cons
no down time
Best Place Ever
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Lush was honestly one of the best places to work at. The general manager was the sweetest most caring person you can ever encounter as well as the rest pf the employees, you feel like family. A typical day of work included starting your shift off by getting a run through of what your day would look like by a fellow employee, so you get an idea. I learned how to properly communicate and demonstrate products on everybody and explain proper benefits for each ingredient. Sadly, it was just a seasonal position but I would highly recommend working for Lush!
Super fun and friendly place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I only worked at Lush for a short amount of time, but it was an exciting, friendly, fast-paced place to work. I never felt that I was competing with my coworkers, it was very familial and collaborative, with us all working for a certain sales goal for the store. Since they are so ethically and ecologically positive, I always felt comfortable and confident on the positive impact on the earth.
fun workplace environment
Seasonal Sale Ambassador Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ONJanuary 31, 2018
workplace culture was different, but I believe I did try my best to blend in. The management was a bit unfair. I did see a lot of favouritism. The team member or co-workers were very nice and heloful to understand the items that was being sold.
Fun Environment, Not ideal conpensation
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 24, 2018
I had an incredible amount of fun workingg with LUSH. My managers and team were amazing. It was the firat job I actively looked forward to going to work.
That said, it was very much a second job. Compensation varies by city and location, but I made minimum wage where I lived which even working full time with a roommate would have made it impossible to make bills.
Pros
Discounts, Great environment
Cons
Compensation
poor management
Seasonal Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJanuary 22, 2018
I am a huge fan of Lush products, which was why I wanted to work here in the first place. The best part was the 50% off store discount. The management, however, is lacking professionalism. it took me over a month for my first paycheck and I am still owed one more and its been over a month since my contract ended.
Pros
free bath bombs
Cons
on your feet all day
Great environment with lovely co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2018
Had an amazing time working for this company. They have very high standards for employees which helped me personally grow as a sales rep. Would love to work with this company again in the near future.
I love my Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 4, 2018
This is by far the best job I have ever had, I have applied for a part time position and I hope to get it, Im absolutely in love with the product, my co-workers, and what the company stands for. Ethical sourcing and fresh products make working here something to be proud of.
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 13, 2017
Lush is a great fun place to work. If you never had a job before then lush is the perfect job for you. The manager and workers that work there all help you if you need assistance with a customer. It really is a good job.But they just didn't give me enough hours when I was working seasonal because they hired too many seasonal associates.
Pros
50% discounts on entire store
Cons
Short breaks and not enough hours
Great Energy
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 7, 2017
I would come and begin on the floor immediately after being checked in by a floor leader. I enjoyed learning product knowledge and using products regularly. The energy of the company and those working there made it enjoyable to come every day.
Pros
Energy, products, management
Cons
being seasonal and fighting others for a position
Such ma fun place to work!
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, HampshireJuly 13, 2017
Great company to work with, great ethics, great environment, fun and bubbly people to work with and a very chilled productive work place. Lots of benefits such as 50% discount! Can't complain!
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Have to have a lot of knowledge on ALL the products
fun workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCJune 4, 2017
During my last working period, I have trained and learned how to provide extraordinary customer service on the sales floor: welcoming customers, understanding customer’s needs, offering suggestions to customers, providing support while demonstrating the products, cross-selling, and orienting customers to other departments if necessary.
Fun place to work with an amazing team
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QCMay 18, 2017
I always enjoyed walking into work no matter what kind of day I had. Not only do you get to work as a team but you get to be part of this amazing family. If you're all about natural products, no animal cruelty and equity this the store for you.
great experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 16, 2017
learned a lot about natural ingredients in beauty products . the training they provide you with get you really familiar with all of their products and they teach you everything from how to interact with a customer to how to work the register. I have really bad anxiety and management was super understanding and supportive, i was a part of a lovely team. i would definitely work there again.
Pros
great customer interactions
Cons
very busy workplace
Creative and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temporary Staff) (Former Employee) –  Watford, HertfordshireMay 15, 2017
A creative and fun workplace with a friendly team who are all passionate about the products and values of LUSH. The general work pace is very manageable, but increases significantly around Christmas time to become quite hectic - but it was still enjoyable nonetheless!
Enjoyed the products
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  queen stMay 6, 2017
never ever be seasonal there. it is crowded and they make you pretty much harass the customers. They make you bother them constantly even if the customer doesn't want help.
Fantastically managed company
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  CardiffApril 3, 2017
Fantastic management, all staff treated equally and fairly.
A lot is asked from you to do your job well, but then you receive a lot in return.
Anyone who starts, regardless of age, is on living wage - £7.40 per hour. Lots of staff benefits, team challenges and prizes, along with being given lots of free products to try and test too.
Lovely working environment, real team spirit.
Pros
Great team, good money and benefits
Cons
Lots of 'effort', constantly talking to customers
Supportive and fun
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of EdinburghFebruary 27, 2017
Lush Edinburgh are very supportive and encourage you to do your best. They teach you a great deal about the products and really help to improve your customer service skills.
The store became very busy during the Christmas Period so it became quite stressful and busy.
A job that is food for the soul...
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  CarlisleFebruary 25, 2017
Working at Lush Cosmetics is fantastic, once you've done the training and settled into your store I don't think you'll find a nicer environment with better support or benefits. The ethics of the ingredients are not only a massive selling point for the products, but knowing that everything is natural and fairly traded feeds the soul because you know nothing is wasted or bad for the environment.
Pros
Extensive Training, Staff Discount, Living wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2