Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Seasonal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 7, 2018
I worked as a seasonal employee and for the most part I really loved it. The morals and ethics of the company are one I can get by, and I honestly felt like I was making a difference. The discount and the amount of free products was awesome, I still have a bag of lush stuff a year later. The people and management were pretty amazing, and it was fun learning about all the products.

What I didn't like was how pushy you had to be as a sales person, customers would literally walk around irritated with how we were. I hated the scheduling as well, it could change literally last minute without them asking me if it was ok. I felt like that was disrespectful of my time. And honestly I don't find the pay and the hours that great for the sheer amount of work we had to do.
Pros
Environment, free product, ethics
Cons
weird hours, inconsistent schedule, low pay, pushy sales
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2018
I was a sales associate at Lush Cosmetics. In a typical day, I would work on the cash register, stock certain items in the store, and keep the store clean and safe.
I love working for a great company like lush but somethings need to change
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
I do love working for Lush, but it has its downfalls. I'm a really hard worker and i fell that my store tends to take advantage of that. I have worked for Lush for almost 2 years and i remember within the first week of me working (i came on during the holidays) i was called in last minute almost everyday and pushed into areas I hadn't been fully trained in yet and didn't feel that confident in, and had to learn and assimilate REALLY quickly. I work really hard and push my self while checking with every customer and check them out while making samples, and demoing products, and using down time to restock and clean around the shop and even take out trash etc. Then i look around and see my coworkers that have been there for YEARS kind of just standing around, not really helping out much. Even when approached and told what to help out with on and change to help more, nothing really changes. I have talked to multiple people from other shops and almost all of them have agreed on having a problem like this. Also the inconsistency of the hours bothers basically everyone i work with and talked to. Right now I’m under Part time, but only get scheduled to work casual hours (about 10-15 hours a week). Then when Christmas comes i get over worked and scheduled about 40 + hours a week. Like i said, i love working for a great and ethically aware company like Lush and I love all the creative products, and i have made friends with basically everyone on staff (and a few customers!) but these problems are big ones that i know aren’t just at my shop. Lush spends all their time worrying about their  more... customers that sometimes they forget to think about the staff.  less
Pros
discount on products, samples to take and try, made amazing friends, learning about new ways to better the world and get involved with charities etc.
Cons
consistent hard work for almost no appreciation or acknowledgement, inconsistent hours
A Great Spot to Develop Sales Talent
Sales Associate/Operations (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Wonderful people, wonderful ethics and amazing products! LUSH is held accountable by their employees and they care! Helpful feedback from upper management on how to improve performance.
Positive fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 27, 2018
Working at Lush was always a great experience, I believe out of an entire year of working there I only had one bad day. The staff are always friendly and were always learning about new products, where they come from, how theyre produced and our customers were always the best. If you can get a job with them, Id recommend holding onto it!
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSAugust 22, 2018
Lush is one of the best companies to work for. They take great care of their employees, making sure they are not over worked and are very well educated. They create a fun and exciting work environment that makes you want to be at your job every day.
Good company that I genuinely enjoyed working for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 20, 2018
Everyday was an experience at Lush, communication was always crucial between the managers and employees. During my time with lush, I usually greeted, and consulted customers, demoed products, kept up shop floor appearances, etc. Management was strong, but at times varied depending on the manger in question. The hardest part for me was making and pushing for sales, but the most enjoyable part was the customer satisfaction and interactions.
Pros
Great product knowledge, fun, accepting environment, gratis
Cons
short breaks, low wages
Fast paced and fun
Sales Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
This job was really fun to have. They really developed our interpersonal skills and really gave us a lot of support in really getting to know our strengths and reaching our goals. The only bad thing I would have to say about this is that for one small period right before I left, the company hired a lot of people from the outside instead of a lot of hard workers from the inside. It made it very different, which was good to get a different perspective in the sales aspect but it definitely left a lot of gaps because this job requires a lot of education and years of experience to move up
Pros
Fast paced, very fun, awesome discount
Cons
short breaks, a little hard to advance
Great work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 14, 2018
Loved learning how to truly take care of incoming guests through demonstration of great customer service. Company is ethically amazing. Definitely apply!
It's a no from me
Sales Associate- Seasonal (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2018
Management/ staff was extremely unprofessional and immature. Work environment was full of cliques. The way that the core staff trained us to approach customers made me feel uncomfortable. They wanted us to be extremely pushy/ aggressive. As a customer, I would personally hate this approach and so it made me feel like I was harassing people.
Pros
Love the company
Cons
Not a fan of the staff
Great products, fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
I loved going home everyday smelling as best as you could possibly imagine, and getting compliments from people as you pass by them, a plus. Also a plus, the 50% off discount on virtually everything in the store!! Great products, great company.
Loved it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. The environment allowed you to be your true self. Everyone there genuinely liked each other and we all worked together. I also love the products and what the company stands for.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 1, 2018
The managers don't care if you got bills to pay you'll only get 6 hours a week tops and paid $12 an hour. You have to be happy 24/7 and the customers are not normally the best ( sometimes you get a nice person.) If you want to feel horrible, do way too much to get paid nothing, and know that you'll never be worth anything to them then go for it. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB!
Pros
you smell like lush and you get 50% off all producs
Cons
the management is awful and it exhausting
Fun, kind Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Derby, DerbyshireJune 17, 2018
Lush was an amazing place to work, treating staff great and giving great benefits. I loved working there and loved all the free/discounted prices. Only downside is how much there was to learn.
Pros
50% discount
I have been working for Lush for years now and I don’t plan on stopping
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 5, 2018
There is not a bad bone in this companies body, I could rave all day about the staff and the corporation in general. They are beyond as ethical as they say they are, they’re resourceful and innovative. If you want a fun and rewarding job, this is the place for you.
Great Company to shop at, not so much to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 1, 2018
I was looking for a fun part time job and thought of this company due to my previous experiences and on the recommendation of friends.

The company itself is pretty awesome, the discount is great, but you know what's not?

The management at my store was very aloof and insincere. The pay was mediocre for the expectations they had of you.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Management and low pay
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  SheffieldMay 28, 2018
tend to be working with likeminded people
lovely atmosphere although it gets very stressful over the christmas period
great benefits- 50% discount and commission
Pros
50% staff discount
Cons
very face paced
fun to learn about ingredients in products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
It was fun, customers were really sweet. I learned so much about natural skin remedies. The staff wasn't friendly or nice at all. fellow new employees were sweet and friendly.
Pros
Cons
some free products
Fun and Encouraging work environment where you can be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 19, 2018
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment
It was a nice experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It was my very first job and it definitely helped prepare me for the challenges of working in retail in the future. I think it was a good first job for someone to have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2