Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

One of the worst jobs I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 1, 2018
The managers don't care if you got bills to pay you'll only get 6 hours a week tops and paid $12 an hour. You have to be happy 24/7 and the customers are not normally the best ( sometimes you get a nice person.) If you want to feel horrible, do way too much to get paid nothing, and know that you'll never be worth anything to them then go for it. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS JOB!
Pros
you smell like lush and you get 50% off all producs
Cons
the management is awful and it exhausting
I have been working for Lush for years now and I don’t plan on stopping
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 5, 2018
There is not a bad bone in this companies body, I could rave all day about the staff and the corporation in general. They are beyond as ethical as they say they are, they’re resourceful and innovative. If you want a fun and rewarding job, this is the place for you.
Great Company to shop at, not so much to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 1, 2018
I was looking for a fun part time job and thought of this company due to my previous experiences and on the recommendation of friends.

The company itself is pretty awesome, the discount is great, but you know what's not?

The management at my store was very aloof and insincere. The pay was mediocre for the expectations they had of you.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Management and low pay
fun to learn about ingredients in products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 21, 2018
It was fun, customers were really sweet. I learned so much about natural skin remedies. The staff wasn't friendly or nice at all. fellow new employees were sweet and friendly.
Pros
Cons
some free products
Fun and Encouraging work environment where you can be yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 19, 2018
I couldn't wait to go work whenever they gave me hours. Costumers and staff are so sweet and there's always something different to do every day. Not only do you do cash, but you really get to know the clients to help them pick out the best thing that will help them. Not only that, but Lush has an incredible amount of ethics that I vouch by such as 100% recyclable containers, naked products to avoid waste, organic and bio products, fighting against animal testing, and that everything is fair trade! They also support the LGBTQIA+ community! Plus, what can be better than yelling ''BATH BOMB DEMO'' and blowing bubbles at work?
Pros
50% off all merch in store. Very open minded staff. Super nice environment
It was a nice experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
It was my very first job and it definitely helped prepare me for the challenges of working in retail in the future. I think it was a good first job for someone to have.
Best & Most Ethical Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 9, 2018
The best place to work if you are looking for education, an opportunity of a lifetime, and to work with great people! Managers listen to you, employee tasks are well delegated.
Productive and accepting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I've ever had. Everyone here is so accepting and friendly. The training is rigorous and extensive, but well worth the time. Pay is good, and the best part the "free to a good home" box that is available to the employees to test new products to increase knowledge.
Decent job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 25, 2018
The inventory and products are fun to be around but the management is terrible, theyre very rude and pick favorites. They are also very pushy on their employees to push themselves onto customers even if the customers want to be left alone, which makes them leave the store. Hey LUSH how about you just let people shop? You know people only like you for your bath bombs, even then theyre so expensive.
Pros
Playing with inventory
Cons
Management, being pushed onto customers.
Fun and Positive place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2018
More of a community of friends having fun than a job. While there's always work to be done, it's fun, the employees are friendly, and the management helpful.
Super fun enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAApril 23, 2018
This is such a fun job you get paid to do nothing but play with different products and talk to customers. Its such a relaxed environment. But there is alot of requirmwnt for communication and feedback and if you can't handle that this is not the job for you.
workplace culture
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 9, 2018
It was a very fast pass environment where I learned to prioritize my time effectively. It is a very enthusiastic place where costumer experience and care is a vital part. A very diverse environment where I was able to learn a lot about different backgrounds through conversations with costumers.
Pros
costumer service
Cons
lazy co-workers
Interesting Management
COACH - SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739April 5, 2018
The job is really fun if you like to play with soap however the management at Victoria Gardens won't let you advance in your career there unless you befriend them.
Great place to work but dont give you any hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 5, 2018
Loved working for lush but they couldn't offer full time , The company is amazing and all the coworkers were great , my manager was not great but i dont fault the company
Pros
awesome work enviroment
Cons
no hours
SELL SELL SELL but also it's a fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 30, 2018
Learn every ingredient. Know the entire history of the company. Attend a hiring party. Attend a second interview. Spend weeks reviewing, studying, practicing...And you may be lucky enough to work here a few weeks!
Lovely Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLMarch 30, 2018
I only worked season and still had two weeks of paid training. The people I worked with were very friendly and we got a great discount for working there.
Pros
store discount
Everything you'd ever want
Core Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONMarch 28, 2018
Amazing place to work at where you learn so many useful concepts and values. You get to work with genuine and loving people who are very passionate about the environment, animals, handmade cosmetics, and friendship! You get to meet some fantastic people every single time you work as we make the experience about so much more than just the sale. You get to make people's day!
Good place. Friendly management and great culture
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Staff has a great bond which creates a great culture. Management was strict but friendly and approachable. Hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
A very fun and learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 16, 2018
Would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking to expand there knowledge on self cleaning and products and if your looking for a fun fast paced job
Amazing treatment towards staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 12, 2018
The company takes pride in their staff and offers many opportunities to move up the scale of internal jobs. Great work environment and accommodating with hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2