Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Fun and supportive
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 27, 2017
Lots of fun to work in an environment that is very welcoming to anyone with tattoos, piercings, sexuality, race and many more. We also get paid good bonuses during holidays added on to our hourly pay.
Pros
Sales, discounts
Cons
Lack hours
Love the products, but not the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MINovember 26, 2017
Loved working there, great staff, great discounts on products, but not enough hours and did not get paid very much.Dealing with mostly aggressive customers on low pay is not fun, but getting free samples of the products makes it a little better.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
short breaks, low pay and very little hours
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 22, 2017
Lush Cosmetics is a wonderful place to work! The hours reflect your availability and there is always chances for development. The staff is amazing and the environment is pleasant.
Pros
discounts and product knowledge
Cons
high traffic can be stressful at times
Love the company, hate the management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
You think it's easy until you get into training and realize you have to remember not only every ingredient in every product but what it does and how it "benefits" the body. Then, on top of that, you are expected to link and transition around the store to build baskets and sales. 90% of people who go in are "just looking" but you are required to keep checking in with that customer and offer them demos even if they do not seem like they want it.

This is just the tip of the iceberg! Wait until you start working and your coworkers either no call/no show for no reason or just straight up come to work hungover and angry over the most childish of things.

I still love the products, but now shop online instead of dealing with the drama of going into the shops.
Pros
amazing discount on products
Cons
short breaks, frustrated managers, too many employees and not enough hours to go around
This place is geared to a young demographic. I worked seasonally and
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 1, 2017
I worked my entire stint for the holiday season in 2016 determined to complete my commitment. It was in my opinion a very bad experience. The company is geared to the younger demographic and the managers of these young people are rude and abrupt. The one manager asked me to find what appeared to be a needle in a haystack in their very unorganinzed back room. She acted as I was and idiot and threw the box on the floor in front of me and said it was right there! The same manager discussed issues that seemed to be best discussed in private on the floor in front of customers. I would NEVDER go back. I did however upon leaving express my concerns only as I felt it would help others in the future.
Pros
free broken bath bombs
Cons
see above
Treat employees fairly but there can be a lot of drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
The wages are awesome, essentially no dress code as long as you wear black/white, flexible schedules, room for advancement, great company values.

I would work at LUSH again but at another location. I had a manager that would pick favorites and make it very obvious. After some particularly condescending remarks, I even considered going to corporate. Also, there is a lot of pressure to be extraordinarily outgoing and sometimes even pushy on selling even if the customer is not really into it.

Otherwise, I admire the company's core value and its extremely relaxed and fair treatment of employees. Also, you get a sick 50% discount and often freebies as well.
Pros
great starting wage, discount, free stuff
Cons
poor management
Loved the people, but strict management and very prescriptive roles
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 16, 2017
Very busy and stressful all the time. Expected to leave work more energized than when you came in so I would say this isn't the best environment for introverts. Sales interactions have become very prescriptive; managers talk about providing the Lush experience for customers but they are really just all about numbers like any other sales. Loved and love my co-workers, however. I've never been sad to leave a place of work like I feel leaving Lush, but it's become militaristic.
Pros
discounts, wonderful co-workers, fun products and activities
Cons
Poor management, prescriptive language and interactions with customers
Lovely People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Buford, GA 30519October 12, 2017
Super fun, worked during the holidays my employment was seasonal. The team dynamic was really friendly and they made sure you had a great time and was confident in sales and training. A great job if you have a passion for skin care and their products.
Pros
great team, discount, places to eat at mall
Cons
n/a
Amazing training and team support
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 7, 2017
This company cares about it's employees and sets them up for success! Great training and team support makes it a fun working environment. You feel valued and appreciated by your co workers and management. Feedback is given daily with an emphasis on encouraging growth both professional and personal. Team work is emphasized which leads to an environment of camaraderie and goal setting. Memorizing all the ingredients and their benefits can be overwhelming but you can always receive help from senior members of the staff. I have never felt such an inclusive working environment before and absolutely love working here!
Pros
Great discount, amazing co workers
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2017
Great atmosphere of people with a vast knowledge of the products they are selling. Always encouraging growth among the employees and keeping the products fresh and innovative.
It's more aromatherapy than real work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CASeptember 18, 2017
very fun job very cool to learn about all the products and ingredients and what they can naturally do for your hair/skin! it didn't feel like i was going to work it felt like i was going to relax and smell a bunch of stuff half the time.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
scheduling is whack unless yr a manager or ssa
Fun and creative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 14, 2017
The training is incredible, you will never forget what you are taught. Great customers and great people to work with. I loved just having fun at work.
Wonderful people and great ethics
Holiday sales associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 4, 2017
The work environment at Lush was supportive and uplifting. Everyone cared for each other and made to sure to help everyone succeed. The job could be difficult with so many customers coming in and out every day, but as long as you knew the products and had good conversational skills you would do fine. The management team was understanding and supportive. It helped me learn time management and how to work in fast-paced environments without getting overwhelmed.
Pros
Long lunch breaks and flexible hours
Cons
Stressful at times
Very enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355August 30, 2017
A typical day at work is talking to customers about specific products that will benefit their needs. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the amazing customers I meet every day. The ethics behind the company is what makes me so proud to work for Lush.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
I haven't been getting much hours.
It was fun!
Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2017
Honestly, every shift was like spending time with your friends. It didnt feel like too much work. We got to test products out and have fun.
I only worked there for the holidays. And that sucked, because they didnt rehire me as an actual associate. I tried to reapply later, and they gave me an interview, but they didnt rehire me then either.
Pros
Breaks, samples, free gifts, monthly bonuses, you always smell good
Cons
On your feet, have to learn a lot of product knowledge
calm environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTAugust 22, 2017
very well established location
great sales associate - coworkers are amazing
most enjoyable part is watching kids be amazed at the bath bombs opening up.
Okay
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
It was okay, most employees were friendly. Went though training which is a plus. Learned a lot of selling points and about products. It was a good time.
My manager was a nightmare
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at Lush. I am naturally a very introverted, shy person and the training I received here really brought me out of my shell. The staff is very colorful and always willing to help you out. The trouble I ran into was with management. I was under the impression that I was doing well in sales, but I was pulled aside several times and encouraged to be pushier. I finally left when I was accused of abusing my employee discount on unsubstantiated claims.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Pushy management
AMAZING Job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 11, 2017
Ive never worked in an environment quite like Lush , such a friendly and uplifting group of staff. Constructive criticism was always great , and I always felt apart of them team !
Great Experience As A Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
I worked for a couple of months as a Seasonal Sales Associate during the busy holiday time of year. It was a wonderful experience testing my knowledge of the products with every new customer and making personal connections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2