Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Production Assistant

Production
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetNovember 15, 2018
I worked at Lush Dairy in hamworthy this year from end July and finished up end of October. I have never come across so many unhelpful, discriminative as well as racist people in my life. This company has the cheek to snoop all over your public forum which should NOT be allowed as far as I'm concerned! The bosses have absolute no idea of how to manage or talk to their employees at all! It's an utter disgrace and they expect high quality work to be produced but they give you mounds that are all broken split and just rubbish. They treat their employees like slaves and it's like being in a German war camp! Each factory behaves so differently and what one factory does the other doesn't do. But surely this is one company. I shall NEVER EVER be applying to such a disorganised awful place again!! They couldn't organise anything and they hire and fire for the most ridiculous reasons too! BEWARE of this place!
Pros
Free boots and free coffee
production assistant - seasonal
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONNovember 4, 2018
Team leads are very pushy and like to play favourites, some times are inappropriate with other colleagues
Seasonals get thrown into a room of 100+ people and is expected to know what they're doing.. no training, you just have to watch what everyone else is doing and hopefully catch up.. you'll be lucky if someone offers to teach you, otherwise you'll just be told not to stand there and to hurry it up
Company likes to talk about how great they are at providing jobs for people that can otherwise be done by machines.. however they like to calculate and tell you how much labor they're spending per product made and want to ensure that you're making x amount of product per half hour, gets annoying.. might as well just have the machines to it!
Pros
free coffee, coworkers are pretty cool sometimes, ability to work overtime if you want
Cons
team leads need to act more professional, training sucks.. if you get any
Fun place to work for the young at heart.
Production Manufacturing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 3, 2018
Working with diverse individuals of cultural backgrounds, sharing how to increase productivity. Being informed of different products. I learned how to work as a team, and using technological devices. Needed improvement on managerial skills. The physical aspect of the job was the hardest. Enjoyed receiving new and different products, and making new friends and relationships.
Pros
Free variety of Starbucks coffee, and products.
Cons
Long hours, low wages.
Fun place to work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2018
great experience, wonderful company to work for.
I loved the open minded and environmental conciusness.
The factory is a very relaxed and fun place to work
Pros
free bathbooms
Very fun working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at lush because I've met a lot of people/workmates. We have our breaks together and they are happy to work with. Sometimes we are so busy because we need to finish our job on time, but in the end we are satisfied in the job that we did that day.
Pros
Free broken products
Cons
productive and fun work place with tennis
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSWApril 8, 2018
I worked in department of gift wrapping there I used to wrapped the finished product. from there I got a experience of work in a fast paced environment. management system of the company is well managed. they give training for two weeks so it make easy to understand the work character so it makes us to perform well. the hardest part of the job is the dust inside the company. it was team work I really enjoyed workers all of them where came from different country and they have different culture it was really fantanstic.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
work in leg
Temporary Production Assistance (Former Employee) –  PooleApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed working here as a temporary christmas temp. The hours were suitable for myself and everybody worked well within the team. I would work here again
Soap and Massage Afternoon Shift
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 3, 2018
I really liked working at the Lush Factory in Toronto. I found that it was easy to get to, and it is a nice clean environment with friendly people. The work can sometimes get repetitive, but you are encouraged to have fun while you work. You can play music, but it does have to be appropriate for a work environment.

You basically started your work day at 3:30 in a "huddle", which is a meeting with the team leads and supervisor, before everyone starts working to let you know what's going on that day, and they let you know about any events coming up. They will have your name on the white board to let you know what product you will be working with that day.

Near the end of the shift, you count and weigh how much of the product that you used and how much is getting sent to Gifts of to stores. You also clean up where you were working, and help out where you can.

I worked a lot in the glitter room, which if you like glitter is fun. Because of health and safety, you have to wear a mask and have the vents going if you are working in there. If you don't mind glitter, they will put you there.

They hire only full time, and there are three different shifts, Morning (7am-3:30pm), Afternoon (3:30pm-12am), and Twilight shifts (11pm-7am).
Pros
50% discounts in store, sometimes free scraps that can't be re-melted.
Cons
Not a lot of advancement.
Soma
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 26, 2018
I worked in the soap and massage department. I had lots of fun! I almost felt like a kid again because it feels like you are doing arts and crafts all day. Your either packing products, setting up molds, or pouring mixes into molds.
Great Environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2018
Company has a great philosophy and ethical approach
hardest part is standing and some physical work
great team member to work with and the work culture is great
Pros
product discounts
Cons
standing all shift
productive and welcoming work space
Production Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2018
Lush went through great efforts to involve and inform their employees about the company, what ethics it stands for and the products. Each morning there is a brief meeting where we discuss daily goals and support programs.
Pros
helpful managers
Productive and fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSWFebruary 11, 2018
Production assistant in the gifts department on a temporary contract.
Lush Handmade Bath Bombs,Soaps,Bubbles,Moisturisers that are distributed throughout Australia,New Zealand,Canada and the U.K. Manufacturing environment where speed and precision are the main attributes associated with the position
Pros
free lunches for christmas
Cons
hot weather conditions
Enjoyable Temporary Job
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  PooleJanuary 25, 2018
I worked here as a member of the Christmas staff so the job security was pretty low. That being said it was a good work environment and nice to be working with people who have similar ethics regarding the treatment of animals.
Amazing fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 23, 2018
Lush was my second job after McDonalds and Lush was literally heaven. The Crew is so nice, friendly and funny. Working there was my safe place. Lush spoiled the workers. 2 Christmas parties, Pizza lunches whenever we reach target which was every 2 weeks, a huge walk- in kitchen that provided a variety of milk for those who don't drink it, Coffee carafes, tea ,Coffee machines a Hot Chocolate machine, a vending machine that provides soup incase someone forgot their lunch etc. Best part is the two 30 minute breaks, as everyone gets off and on at the same time and the pay. $13.50/hr + bonuses it was great.Lush will forever be the best job I have ever had. I made friends from all over the world that are now my family. Different ethnicities, different orientations, different genders Lush had it all.
Pros
the pay is amazing, free lunches, Music while working, People are the nicest
fun environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2018
good place to work at. management seem to care about their employees, you get to sample alot of the products, also there were TONS OF FREE COFFEE, which is great. Also, the hardest part was waking up in the morning at 7..
Fast paced and creative environment
Seasonal Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  50 JutlandJanuary 19, 2018
Everyday was something different and the team is very helpful with assisting new workers. Also flexible in terms of days off and previous priorities. Could get competitive at times but was encouraging to meet daily targets.
Pros
50% off lush products
great place to work
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Villawood NSWJanuary 4, 2018
great place to work, this company really cares about their employees well being and is passionate about their product and ethics. very positive place.
fun workplace and productive
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2018
it was nice to work at lush if i could go back i will because all the team lea are nice they not yelling at you they make you feel comfortable and it easy to make friend
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long break
Lush was fun
Role - Production assistant (Former Employee) –  PooleJanuary 2, 2018
I found that working as production assistant in lush is relaxing and fun to do. However, the music in all factories is very repetitive which doesn't help when you need to stand for 8 hours straight doing the same job over and over. Hardest part of the job is getting there and Ballistics department.
Fast Growing and Fun Company
Production Room Assistant- Miscellaneous Room (Current Employee) –  35 Jutland Rd, Toronto ONDecember 13, 2017
No day is ever the same day twice, so it requires an ability to think on one's feet. It's a massive company, and high-volume, so bring your A-game! I personally would have benefited from receiving more learning opportunities for those will the drive and capabilities to succeed, but it's a wonderful place to get your feet wet if your aim is to succeed business/supply chain/logistics!
Pros
Fun, enthusiastic work environment
Cons
Needs more learning opportunities for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2