Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Production Assistant

Im enjoying myself
Production assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, DorsetNovember 13, 2017
You will definitely enjoy yourself working for Lush. Its very diverse, and you get to talk to a wide range of different people. The hours are good and the staff are understanding and flexible around you. The only down side is the pressure put on you to reach your daily targets.
Pros
Friendly, enjoyable
Cons
pressure
Job security was an issue
SEASONAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2017
As a seasonal employee we would be let go and rehired several times without notice. They dangled permanent employment in front of us as an attainable goal, but in the end, their actions rarely matched their promises.
Pros
free coffee, friendly co-workers, fun job
Productive and fun
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke.July 18, 2017
Very good environment, good people. Very productive and fun. One of the best company to work for. Very safe. A very happy workplace people are always eager to work.
good team leaders, only be careful to whome you choose
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time at lush manufacturer, I could come back if could. I did good teams and good team friendship. only in bubbles have to be careful about the teamleaders.
fun place to work
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWJune 12, 2017
If you respect and love others then they will do the same. I don't want to leave this job but it's actually 1 and a half hour away from where I live so I wanted to work nearby.
Pros
light work
Cons
less salary
interesting
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2017
the only real issue is getting into a full time core position. there is some nepotism in that building. If they like you they will move you around to different rooms
Excellent place to work for anyone
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 6, 2017
I loved working at Lush. It was my favorite job so far. The atmosphere is so amazing because you get to meet all kinds of personalities and cultures that not many workplaces can offer. It brings people from all around the world into one place, all working in unison. Also, the management makes you feel very welcome, completely forgetting that they are actually your "boss". All in all, a very fun and friendly experience.
Pros
atmosphere, free products :), pay
Cons
long hours, flexibility
fun
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  74/76 Biloela St, Sydney NSW 2163 Australia.April 25, 2017
good work environment
great staff
great training and development within the factory
good support
ability to pick up extra shifts
flexible in times to work
Extremely fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2017
A typical day involves coming in early, planning out how raw products will be distributed, and from there perform cleaning duties, make a product, and teach new hires. The hardest part of the job is to reach quota which is not difficult. Everything else is great.
Pros
Vibrant work environment, ridiculously easy to get along with anyone here.
Cons
Long hours, Smell sticks on you, Can be tiring
Fun fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 20, 2017
The job was pretty great, I worked in glitter a lot in the soap and massage department and basically spent the better part of the day doing arts and crafts with a bit of paper work and heavy lifting in between. The environment was fun, the people were great, and since we were a strong team we always got bonus which really made a huge difference when it came to paydays. Given the opportunity I'd go back, the only drawback was the job was seasonal.
Pros
Occasional staff lunches, chance for bonus, good work environment, 50% off discount, and free products
Cons
Very small chance to become core staff after the season
Loved working there
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2017
Its pretty neat. Smells awesome! some friendly people there although there's been a lot of racism complaints, which is something they need to work on. i'm not talking about the obvious but just how others are treated.

It's stupid how they penalize you for not working when its obvious there's nothing left to do so you have to wonder around finding nothing to do like lost puppies.
Not really happy people making happy soap
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2017
Its an okay job, not much room for growth, pay is not great, lots of good people here though. I wouldn't recommend it as a long term job. Fairly disorganized, not much appreciation for the workers who work extremely hard.
Wonderful company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working for Lush on a contract position. Great company atmosphere with encouraging management. It was also a fantastic learning environment that helped me to achieve new skills and sharpened the ones I already had.
Productive and fast paced environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 14, 2017
Good: The workplace culture is very good, everyone is treated fairly and equally. Group teamwork is very important, especially when completing timed quota products. Very fun environment. Good and respectable company. It has a lot of variety to offer such as good benefits to employees.
Bad: It a competition to be hired.
Pros
Pays vacation
Cons
Competitive and very fast paced
Hard to obtain full time position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2017
Fun work fun but is hard to obtain full time position and contract work is too short, usually only one to three months. Management is nice and co-worker is very friendly.
Great Seasonal Position
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2017
I had the pleasure of working for LUSH in the gift department for their Christmas rush. Overall it was a great experience. I had a great team lead, great hours, they offered overtime, and if you went meet your target you got a bonus. Since they do hire over 1,000 people for their rush, there is really no room for advancement.
Pros
Good managemtn
Cons
Gossip among other lines
fun place, easy work
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, DorsetFebruary 20, 2017
It was very good experience to work at lush. I like their products and I use that more than one year. I like their fighting animal testing and recycling all things.
overall great experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  justlandFebruary 6, 2017
diverse work environment
helpful co workers
great benefits
manager was very compassionate and understanding
i learned alot about sales and marketing and
i learned alot about ethical campaigning and vegan cosmetic products
Pros
free Starbucks and free staff lunches
Cons
long hrs of standing
Amazing and best manufacturing.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2017
A very fun workplace,great people,good management and amazing place.Working in Lush is a great pleasure and great opportunity.I like the way they manage,the way they handle people..the team leaders are all cool..great and fun.I enjoy the most when we are making snow angel..glittering products and pouring..Team works is fun,my co-workers are great people.
Productive and exciting workplace with a family-like vibe.
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jutland Rd.January 12, 2017
Working at Lush was a valuable experience. There is always something productive to do and whether you work in manufacturing, distribution or retail, knowing that you took part in creating beautiful, organic, handmade products that will make customers very happy in turn makes you happy. Those who work at Lush are generally kind and creative people who don't shy from sparking a conversation about the beautiful glitter all over the place or the newest bath bombs. With great co-workers who share a goal of good quality and a safe and happy work environment, Lush is easily a place you won't mind working over-time for. The supervisors are approachable, down to earth individuals who are always able to provide the appropriate assistance when needed, and they always have a smile on their face, even under pressure. As long as you are willing to work under pressure and can adjust to plans changing often, I highly recommend applying to work at Lush. Especially if you desire to work somewhere that you can also consider a second home.
Pros
Free products, long-time friendships, lots of bonuses especially during seasonal months
Cons
The floors are slippery in the manufacturing building, plans change in the blink of an eye

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2