Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Fast paced yet fun environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
You gain the skills to talk personably and still be able to sell items to customers while still being yourself. Can be high demanding job during holiday season, but the work atmosphere is energizing. Hardest part of the job can be multi tasking and making sure every single customer is met with their needs. Slower paced shops are a bit more relaxed.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Not enough available hours, hard to move up
Love the job, Not the location
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
I honestly had a wonderful time working for lush for almost two years, however, its location at the airport was quite taxing and ultimately why I chose to take a break. I plan on returning for the holidays but definitely at a different location.
Pros
Discount
Fun yet challenging experience
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Lush was a wonderful company to work for. They give you 50% discount on all products, which is incredible if you know anything about Lush. All products are hand-made, fresh, organic and natural. The spirit is very upbeat and fun, music is played in the store and Lush always wants its employees to make it fun for the customers.
Pros
50% discount, fun environment & accepting of everyone
Cons
Pushed to be aggressive in sales & be prepared for unpleasant co-workers
Extremely fun
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 6, 2018
It's a retail type job so there really isn't a work/life balance because you have to work on the weekends. It was a lot of fun working for Lush! Co-workers were amazing and so were the customers, its very laid back but there is a lot of work involved. You learn a lot about people, skincare, and your own community when you get involved with this company. It's a very open minded, and inclusive environment to work for. I just wish I was paid a living wage when I worked for Lush in the area I worked in. 13$ an hour (part-time)is well above minimum wage but for the area the shop was at.. it was not live able. Also, typing to move from part-time to full-time at this shop was almost impossible!
Pros
Fun, exciting, inclusive, great break times
Cons
hard to move up, and low-ish pay
Amazing Culture, Lifelong Lessons
Senior Sales - Charitable Givings Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2018
Not your typical retail position, the atmosphere is so engaging. I loved learning about ingredients and ethical campaigns. The ethics behind the company were ones of my favorite things. The most challenging is having to adapt to the sales style, but it was much more enjoyable than any other retail environment that I ever worked. I had the opportunity to take on specialty roles which helped shape my career. At the end of the day it might not be a forever job, but I'm thankful for everything I learned there.
Pros
culture, education, benefits
Cons
fast paced, lots of material to learn
The ideal job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 22, 2018
Honestly, I loved working at Lush. I came home every night to my partner with a story that had made me smile. I enjoyed the way I was trained, the way I was spoken to by coworkers and management, and I loved getting to take home slightly damaged products. It was also an incredible feeling to know that I worked somewhere that was trying to make a difference abound the world; whether it was on the environment, acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community, or other grassroots causes.
Pros
free samples, great coworkers, soft hands from all the cream, taking unsellable items home
Cons
the smell gave some of my coworkers hadaches, but I got used to it in the 1st week
informative, upbeat, but takes a long time to progress and poor management break the shop.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 8, 2018
Having great management with a supportive staff allows for an upbeat environment while poor management drives everyone out. Great products and ethics as a company. Innovate products that work!
Pros
samples, great employee discount
Cons
no benefits unless you're full time and becoming a full time employee takes years. low on hours.
Fun place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 6, 2018
Overall Lush is an excellent company to work for
Management is horrible in ABQ, NM
Creates a hostile work environment
Management like to terminate and replace when they get tired
Management is typically at the root of drama in the store
Pros
Amazing company, exciting to meet new people and share the company’s values
Cons
Store manager
Wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BCJune 30, 2018
The staff are amazing and fun people to work with. Loved the energy of the place, Customers were both good and bad, management was a little unorganized and frustrating at times. I did feel stagnant and development was not happening. The company promotes moving up in the company but after three years this never happened to me and I was quite upset when a position above did open up and I would have to compete for it against someone who has not been there as long and have as much seniority. Overall one of the best jobs I've had and the reason I stayed for so long.
Pros
Environment, staff, energy, discount product
Cons
Less work life balance, unorganized, no development
Quick Paced, Toxic Environment
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 29, 2018
This has been the job I've excelled at and toiled away to make the shop successful, but have been worn down and disrespected along the way. Fast-paced and fun at first so it is easy to become disillusioned, stay and see that management truly seems not to care. Higher level employees look down upon sales staff and do not like to give benefits to employees. Availability agreement is an absolute joke. Made lifelong friendships along the way, but don't waste your time unless you're alright with sacrificing time with family, sanity, and your soul just to sell some soap.
Pros
discount
Cons
healthcare, management, no room for growth
amazing
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2018
the most fun and kind accepting place to work, excellent values and an amazing company. I love working a job where i truly believe in all the products and the ethics and values behind them
Great company
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 14, 2018
Lush is an amazing company to work for. They really look out for their employees and are true to their beliefs. You get a lot of free stuff, paid training, and an amazing discount. However, it's a very competitive place to work and can become very overwhelming. If you don't have the personality to be in someone's face 24/7 then this isn't the company for you.
Pros
discounts, company beliefs, fair treatment
Cons
aggressive sales techniques
Just Great!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2018
O loved my manager and co-workers. It could get stressful sometimes but you always have your co-workers there for support. The pay was $10hr but for what you are doing it is not bad. Advancement usually requires the ability to relocate.
Fun, but Fast-Paced
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJune 11, 2018
Working at Lush is very fun when you support their brand and have a desire to add to it. I loved working their and unfortunately couldn't work past being seasonal. Management is okay, but pushes upselling and discriminated against people based on age. I was told kids in the store were not "Real Customers"
Pros
Discounts, fun team to work with
Cons
Management, not and not many benefits for seasonal
Great, Mostly
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 7, 2018
I felt that the culture at Lush generally embraced diversity and emphasized transparency in communication with customers and employees.

However, to work there, you must be EXCEPTIONAL at customer service and selling people things and you very much have to have a certain personality.
Pros
accepting culture and transparent communication
Cons
can be taxing to put on a certain face at all times
Fun & Friendly
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 6, 2018
Lush is by far the best company that I have ever worked for! They have such a fun, inviting, and welcoming atmosphere that you will actually look forward to going to work, and they do such great things for our world that it is a place that you can truly be proud to work at!
Pros
great training, welcoming in so many ways, 50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
Lush Life is a Hard Life
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 6, 2018
This is a company I truly believe in, it's too bad that the management at my shop was so unaccepting of the needs of other people, and only communicated negativity. I wanted to love it here, and I am glad I worked here. I would love to work for LUSH again, but only under different management.
They only seemed interested in promoting their friends, and didn't actually use the working styles guide like they would pretend they did.
Rarely were employees told they were doing well, they would only focus on negatives in reviews.
Pros
management style, inconsistent hours
Cons
great people, great discount, fun environment
Good people to work with
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 4, 2018
Your experience at LUSH 100% is based on who your store manager is and how much time and effort they invest in their employees

The bath bomb dust seriously made it hard to breath at times, it's an employee health hazard that LUSH turns a blind eye to.
Pros
Great Co-workers, free product to try
Cons
Had to miss my my break when store was busy, the bath bomb dust makes it hard to breathe
Fun Work Place
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 1, 2018
LUSH is a fun workplace. I enjoyed working there and with the type of customers that its products brought in. During my time there the management team went through a few changes. In the end, I was not happy with the directions the location I worked for was going.
Pros
Good prodcut, Great Customers
Cons
Under trained managment
It's probably great in Europe
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
But working for LUSH in the USA is a JOKE! Associates are paid $10 with expectations that are miles higher than an ACTUAL sales/commission job, and you don't make ANYTHING for how well you sell. The only pay incentive is an hourly "bonus" which doesn't do anything for most people who work 4-8 EVERY WEEK (and they're practically forced to give open availability). That being said, no one got paid enough to never be scheduled, to deal with extremely rude and dishonest managers, to listen to passive aggressive "feedback" after being told to approach customers 5 times who are OBVIOUSLY not interested, to watch the managers personal favorites advance before them, to have hours cut because LUSH didn't meet their "sales goals" (while no one in upper management seems to be struggling ever!!) . All these 1-2 star reviews are TRUE y'all! Please consider them before you try to waste your time here. This business is a wolf in sheep's skin: disguises as an ethical, caring company but in North America they're as greedy as all the others as far as treating employees, if not worse. I will continue to buy from them online but I will probably never set foot into a Lush store again.
Pros
Alot of free Lush products especially on a closing shift, 50% discount
Cons
If you're not a part of Management's mean girl clique, expect this job to take some years off your life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2