Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Lush itself, great.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 8, 2017
I love what Lush Cosmetic's stands for and strives to do, but it doesn't treat its employees fairly and isn't as "accepting" as they claim to be. Management was awful, and most of the other employees were catty, shallow, and rude. It may have been a location situation, but I've talked to other previous employees from other locations that have said the same thing.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
Pretty much everything
Super fun
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2017
It was very fun and a little fast paced at first but it soon becomes easy. There were a lot of different products to remember but it soon became easy to talk and describe products to customers. Must keep a clean appearance.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
So few locations
Fun retail job for anyone who loves cosmetics and skincare
SENIOR SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 29, 2017
Super fun job. Company has great ethics. Work environment was great and very energetic. Have the ability to move up and potentially work in different areas for the company the longer you are there. Great benefits for full time employees.
Stressful and fast paced
SENIOR SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2017
I worked at a high capacity shop with poor management. It was chaotic all of the time. I was responsible for managing register associates. Those individuals appreciated the time I spend coaching them with positive feedback. I constantly received negative feedback from managers. The workplace culture was very relaxed... too relaxed. We needed more direction. I enjoyed working with the charitable portion of the company and hosting charity partners in the shops.
Pros
discount, coworkers with similiar ethics
Cons
lack of direction, lots of negative feedback
Fun place to work
SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 19, 2017
The management is light hearted and willing to work with you, although it is difficult to memorize every single ingredient and their benefits for the skin and hair. The environment is laid back and fun and it smells great!
Not at all what it seems
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2017
Lush Cosmetics seems like the ideal place for a bright, colorful, extrovert such as myself, but take a look behind the bath bombs and 50% product discount and you're thrown back to early high school days of favoritism, drama, and backhanded, passive agressive management styles. Don't work here if you like clear communication, fair opportunities for advancement, or keeping your work and personal lives separate, because unless you're getting drinks with your manager every weekend, there's really no hope that you'll be treated as a real person or a valued employee. I'm the best person in te shop, I have numerous positive reviews on our Facebook page, and yet I never work more that 18 hours in a week. Others get 8 or sometimes 4. If they don't like you, they won't tell you to your face or try to help you get better, they'll only go behind your back to frustrate you into quitting. The management is immature and cliquey, the job is draining and frustrating, and unless you were popular in high school, you'll never get anywhere here.
The products are great. The day to day of the job is great. The company is great. But the shop politics are a nightmare.
Pros
MASSIVE discount, staff boxes, paid meetings, fun events, great customers
Cons
Cliquey, immature, dramatic, too personal
You fall in love with the product, and then it ends
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 14, 2017
You fall in love with the product, drink the kool-aid, then it becomes a stressful, cutthroat environment where you're pit against each other and compared side by side.
Great environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOOctober 13, 2017
Everyone at Lush is awesome. They are the kindest, most empathetic, caring humans you will meet. My only issue was I didn't make enough to cover my bills but otherwise it was one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
Huge discount, friendly and supportive team
Cons
Not enough hours to pay bills
Awesome company to be a part of.
Visuals and Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAOctober 5, 2017
This is unlike any other retail job. Training is extensive for the first months but then realizing what an awesome opportunity you have to make a persons day by interacting with them in a genuine way makes it worthwhile. The company is a big family and pushes the limits with awesome campaigns and ethical practices.
Pros
Paid Vacations
Cons
Not enough pay
Lush Cosmetics
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Working for such a transparent company with amazing core values was such an enriching experience. You get to learn about all the ingredients and how they benefit you, you work with like-minded individuals who share the same values as Lush. Plus, you get a 50% off discount.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 27, 2017
Very friendly environment to work in. It is always fun to interact with new people and show them the great things we have to offer. By far the best job I've had.
Pros
friendly people, discounts, great work place
Cons
at the time poor management
LUSH loves there favorite workers
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Too much favoritism .Manager always had a attitude. Very rude to her workers but outstandingly nice to customers . I would never work there again! It was nothing but a headache.
productive fast paced
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 18, 2017
It is a fun place to work at I enjoy my team but it can be very difficult to move up. discount is great company has great values just pay isnt enough.
Fantastic company, feels like home
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I went into the Lush experience basically blind. I didn't have any retail experience, and I wasn't super familiar with the brand. I can say with certainty that getting this job was the best thing for me.

The work itself isn't hard. It can be a tiny bit repetitive at times but its up to you to have fun with it and make each experience unique. I wouldn't recommend it for people who consider themselves to be "low energy" people. We spend a lot of time having fun with each each other and the customers.

The hours are alright, but the pay is really good. The management is usually pretty good with working around school schedules and when you need to take time off, they are accommodating.

The staff itself are full of empathetic people who genuinely care about their coworkers. This is a great place to work.
Pros
Pay is good, you can try the products and they work hard to make sure you understand the products
Cons
Hours are a little short, no benefits until you reach a certain level
Fantastic place to work, but be wary
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2017
The culture of Lush is amazing and the products are fantastic as well. However, I would suggest this job to college students or people who don't have a lot of financial responsibilities. The wages are above state minimum but the hours are downright horrid. There is no opportunity to get better hours unless you move up in the company, and its incredibly hard to move forward in an established staff.
best job I've ever had
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
great place to work with caring people fun job good energy the job had good hours and benefits for full time employees and the companay is very acceptng of all people
Amazing company to work for.
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAAugust 9, 2017
LUSH is an amazing company to work for. The values of the company strongly align with my own, so it was nice to work at a place that I can stand behind. My store had amazing leaders and most of the sales staff were incredible. The only downside is that they didn't give enough hours. The initial training process is pretty intense, but necessary so that you learn about all of the products and brand values. Overall, LUSH is awesome to work for.
Pros
amazing discount, welcoming environment, great pay
Cons
not enough hours, hard to advance, aggressive sales tactics
Productive and fun place to work with music
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 27, 2017
A typical day at work is a fast paced environment where we sell LUSH products to our customers. We have a fun time with our customers by playing good music and listening to their needs and supplying a product that will best help them
Fun, Great Discount
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 25, 2017
This job is really dependent on your coworkers and management on how enjoyable this position is. Some are very casual and some are aggressive. Really fun work environment, able to have tattoos/piercings, fun work. Incredibly hard to advance depending on location, many locations are lacking in hours they can give to associates.
Pros
Half off product, fun environment, occasional free product, decent pay
Cons
hard to advance, aggressive sales tactics
very fun,inclusive place to work
Sales ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCJuly 19, 2017
I learned a lot during my time at Lush. I am naturally a very introverted, shy person and the training I received here really brought me out of my shell. It's an amazing place to work for with great core values and ethics, it's an amazing experience, also a good learning experience. I love a company with charity values.
Pros
free products
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2