Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Was an warm and amazing place to work!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 16, 2018
I really loved working at Lush. All the staff were genuinely friendly and very knowledgable about the products. The only thing that was unfortunate is I was hired on a seasonal contract and they were only able to keep 6 people out of 30 something therefore it was highly competitive and I didn't end up being kept on. But it was a great job while it lasted!
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Seasonal contract
wonderfully-scented and just overall such a fun place to work
seasonal sales ambassador (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Lush was AMAZING. I am definitely planning on returning as a seasonal hire this next Holiday season. It was just such a positive, wonderful-smelling environment to work in, and I love doing demonstrations. It just felt so good to help someone find that perfect bath bomb, or the best bubble bar, or even the best skin regimen for their necessities. Such a wonderful job to have, to work at Lush Cosmetics!
Pros
amazing fellow staff, amazing management, lots of breaks as needed
Cons
some heavy-lifting
Great Team with a Fun Culture
SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Working at LUSH was a job that I strove to achieve. While I was in college I would come home and stock up on my favorite products and made friends with the incredibly relatable staff. When I graduated and wanted a part time job went right to LUSH. Though it is a retail job, they care about you as a person and make you feel like you truly matter as a part of their team. There are strick sales goals that you will have and want to make/maintain. Lush employees a sales model that is made to improve sales and thus improve the store as a whole, but at times the constant driving to sell products can feel too forced and fit timers in customer service might find this too daunting, but you will learn to strike a balance. The training , at least for permanent employees is extensive and well done with frequent workshops held by inner staff and traveling representatives. There are roles with in the store that you are able to take on in addition to being a Sales Ambassador and these will help you build your life with the company (i.e: visuals, trainer, operations manager, stocking, ect.) Over all I really loved working here any only left due to being offered a better opportunity. If you can stick it out a prove yourself as a dedicated employee then there is a life in this company that is well worth the wait.
Pros
discouts on products, speacial seasonal boxes, great team work, generally good people and a conomany that ares about you as a person.
Cons
stressfull sales goals, you are driven to make a customer experiance that at some times can feel too forced.
Love this job
SALES AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 5, 2018
At the Fresno Fashion Fair LUSH I'm surrounded by happy, positive workers and an environment that encourages us to be authentic and transparent with ourselves, our coworkers, and especially our customers. The products are incredible and that's what makes the job easy to do. Sales aren't hard when the products sell themselves.
Pros
50% discount, wonderful work environment
Cons
Hours can be varied
Fun place to work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2018
I loved learning what each product included as far as fresh ingredients go. Interacting with customers was always what I looked forward to most. I wish the hiring process for becoming core staff was more fair, so more passionate sales ambassadors could stay year round
You have to have charisma
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 26, 2018
In order to do sales at LUSH, you have to have a certain kind of personality. If you can preform aggressive customer service and are and outgoing person, this job will be perfect for you. Plus the discount is 50% off!
Pros
benefits, bonuses, connections, and discount
Cons
a lot of talking (you have to drink lots of water)
Sales Ambassador, (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 25, 2018
Great place to work! Love the manager and my coworkers! Everyone is nice and informative! love everything about it! There's a lot to memorize in terms of ingredients and their effects but it's worth it at the end.
Fast Pace
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Everyone is so energetic and happy, extremely friendly, and works together as a team. My manager was extremely understanding and very involved with everyone at the shop.
Fun and comfortable. Feels like family.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Lush. I never dreaded coming into work, and even if I came in not feeling great the people I worked with always lifted my spirits. It’s always a big team effort and everyone works together for the benefit of all.
Pros
50% discount, good sized breaks, feels like a family.
amazing people and environment
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 21, 2018
Lush is such an inclusive place to work and has amazing core values. typical days were fulled with selling and making recommendations. The hardest part would probably have been remembering product knowledge and what does what.
Review
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2018
I absolutely loved lush ! They were amazing people. Management style was great. They were accommodating and accepting. Great place to work for retail and to get experience.
Positive Work Environment with Lovely Employees
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I love my job at Lush! I find that it's a really positive work environment with a staff that is extremely supportive and open. I feel that there is great communication within the company as well as room to grow. Lush has a ton of really great brand values that has made me more aware of world issues and giving back which has affected my personal life in a positive way. Working at Lush, I've learned a lot about sales as well as natural ingredients and their effects on the skin/body/hair.

My only complaint really is that I don't get nearly enough hours. In the shop that I work in I'm pretty sure there are only 3 employees that are considered full time. But that being said the hours that I do get here are extremely enjoyable.
Pros
Employee Discount, Stays on top of shift breaks, Supportive Work Environment
Cons
Lack of Hours
Life changing career
Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2018
Working at Lush really opens your mind into bettering yourself and also helps in build yourself as a person and a part of your staff and society. From how many local and world donations lush does really inspires me and fills me with joy to speak about all the amazing handmade products they have to bring joy to others.
Pros
Amazing staff
Nice workplace
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Lush was a pretty great company to work for. Discount is awesome and general work environment was very challenging and fresh.Their values and ethics are admirable and their approach to company work is open and transparent. My coworkers were all friendly and the atmosphere was very collaborative and friendly. There is a lot of product and information to learn however the company provides resources to help employees learn material and do your best. Constructive criticism is a key part of Lush culture and it is done to genuinely help workers improve.
Good place to work but your hard work might not always be recognized.
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2018
I was hired as a seasonal sales ambassador and though I received praise and affirmation of a permanent position, when the time time I did not receive a permanent offer. I feel that my hard work and dedication to the team was overlooked and perhaps due to office politics I was not made part of the team. Lush is a great place to work but the hard work you put into your time might not be worth anything when it comes time to make the core team.
Pros
50% employee discount and an inclusive and progressive work environment.
Cons
Hard work means nothing to the management team
Quick-paced and fun work environment
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 16, 2018
As a seasonal employee, you always had to keep on your toes as it was very quick paced and busy most of the time. Staff was always friendly and helpful.
Lovely when slow
Senior Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 15, 2018
There are slow days where people aren't coming into the shop and when they do you cant convert them (build a basket i.e. they make a purchase)

Both product knowledge and the EC's of selling plus your own flavor will allow you to be the boom.com during a slow or busy shift.
Pros
Discount, product
Cons
management
My favorite past time
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I loved my work experience at LUSH. Not only did I learn a lot about skincare and strong rooted ethics, but I was also able to meet many strong men and women through working here. I've met life long friends and words cannot describe how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to meet them through this job. Lush has inspired me to start a blog and connect with people around the world who have similar interests. This was more than a retail job for me, it was a stage in my life that I absolutely needed.
Pros
discounts, friendly coworkers, fun environment
Cons
hours were sometimes tough
Challenging Sell Cycle
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2017
LUSH Cosmetics was the first job I've ever experienced a whole different level of retail. The retail experience was tough and complex when it comes to different customers. We had sell cycles that created a whole new way to sell products. Overall it was just overbearing to work for a Company that offers this type of retail with the pay given.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Sell Cycle
Retro job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 24, 2017
It was really fun working here to be honest. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes bath and beauty products that are handmade and natural. The people were super nice, but the management team at the time were struggling but I understood it was hard because a lot of personal stuff got in the way for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2