Lush Cosmetics Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Great for learning and experience
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
The job is pretty standard for most retail positions. You do get to learn a lot about ingredients and how they effect the skin and hair. You also learn some interesting selling techniques that feel slightly more natural than the typical car salesman pitch. Management and staff depends on location; they can be very high school like, or very professional.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
work environment and co workers can be hard to deal with
Lush careers, fresh and fancy
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 17, 2018
a typical day at work means bringing your enthusiasm and passion for the lush brand every day. i learned how to create a fresh and authentic customer and shop experience. managers were fun and encouraged us to be ourselves. a 50% discount was offered on all products. the hardest part of the job was to keep smiling and feeling positive throughout the entire day, which is a given working in retail. the most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to connect with other people.
Pros
free samples, 50% discount
Cons
short breaks, crowded shop floor
Do good while you work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMay 10, 2018
LUSH is a great company with great values and they run campaigns that donate money to charity, almost monthly. So you can raise money while you make money.
One of my favorite jobs ever!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
Ugh out of all my jobs this will forever be my favorite job!! The customers , the products , the ethics behind the company!!! Yes there were times that were stressful but it was all worth it and I loved my 2 and a half years with lush and would totally go back!
Pros
Discount, products, team, everything
Cons
Not much
Management Killed This Company
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 21, 2018
Higher management was not concerned with the well-being of anyone beneath the manager. Unreliable scheduling, empty promises on advancement, and a laundry list of legal violations.
Pros
discount, company ethics, employee culture
Cons
unreliable schedules, lack of benefits, lack of advancement, poor management
Fantastic
SEASONAL SALES AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 21, 2018
Great company, very flexible, accommodating, thorough training and positive constructive feedback. Upbeat enthusiastic and passionate co-workers that will always lift your spirit. A Sales job you can believe in.
Happy People selling Happy Soap
Senior Sales Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 20, 2018
This isn't your standard retail job. We focused on the customer and hands on trying out the products by doing demos. The clientele is nice but does attract a lot of teens who do not want to spend their money. Some days are full of eager customers who want to buy the products and not a whole lot of effort on your part to sell. Other days are like pulling teeth to try and make the daily quotas.
Pros
great discount, fun atmosphere, non-discriminatory
Cons
retail, work weekends and holidays, mall clientele
Fast-paced, high-energy, and First-hand retail sales
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2018
Love the company and requires a lot of passion for the products and ethics LUSH wants to teach people. Requires a lot of comfort with going up to customers and asking a lot of questions. Also would be very helpful to have a good memory and thirst for knowledge on new ingredients and fast problem solver. If you are from out of town it would be difficult to work there year-round since there are black-out days on holidays so you will not be able to go home to see family.
Pros
Occasional free broken or damaged products, Employee Discount
Cons
Not many bonuses and Little time off.
Love Lush
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 9, 2018
Lush is a great company. I loved working there. It’s a company that definitely cares about their employees. Great atmosphere. Busy during the holidays, but it’s retail so that is understandable.
Productive and fun work environment
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2018
Everyone was really nice! The floor leaders were very eager to train us and help improve our interpersonal skills with customer's to help build rapport.
Pros
Discounts on store products
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to work. Wish I could have stayed longer. Get 50% off all merchandise in store. The company tried to be as ethical and transparent as possible. However, you do get a loy of "crazies" that come in and try to tell you ho to do your job or why X ingredient may or may not be problematic
Fun workplace.
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Lush during the holiday season (when I was hired) it was a very uplifting, busy, fast paced place to work. My manager was very understanding and more than helpful from time to time. My coworkers were very helpful and fun to be around.
Lush
Stock/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 12, 2018
The Lush that I worked at was very nice. Though at times it got stressful because there was more stress on sales and transitioning to a different product then knowing the product. Some of management was awesome and really understanding other times they were condescending. Its not a bad place to work overall.
Great!
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK, CanadaMarch 10, 2018
A great working environment filled with great coworkers. They cared a great deal about one's emotional standing and did their best to assign tasks that suited the individual.
Loved working here
Sales Ambassador-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 8, 2018
I really loved working here for so many reasons, the ethics of the company, the products, the co-workers, the support and positivity, the staff discount!
I was only hired as a seasonal staff member for Christmas and wasn't able to stay on after. But I would welcome an opportunity to work for them in the future and will be reapplying in the Spring as I was encouraged to do.
Lush Cosmetics South Hills
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 8, 2018
Everyday rolling into work, the music was on point and the vibes were right. At times there were a few people that would put everything off and we would become off guard. Other times I felt as if I was being watched like a hawk if I didn't meet my sales, when certain people were working. Although it was a great experience, some made it very hard to have this attitude everyday at work.
Pros
Discounts
meh
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2018
had a problem with my adp login that was never resolved - some long-term employees were a bit fake and pressured me into reapproaching customers after they've specifically stated they didnt want any help (the customer wanting to be left alone was considered a personal failure)
Pros
50%off
Cons
too much expectations for a minimum wage job
High Energy Holliday Job
Seasonal Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 7, 2018
Lush Rideau is an enthusiastic and earth conscious place to work. If you have the time they have the shifts for you. However, the odds of getting hired as a non-fixed contract is slim with about 40 applicants for 4-5 jobs. Lots of free products through staff challenges focused around customer care. 10/10 would work there again!
Pros
Free products
Cons
busy
Fun Place to Work
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 2, 2018
Lush is an awesome company to work for. It's not an easy job, you have to really put your heart into it. The people are always nice, and the discount is great. If you're super outgoing and love interacting with people, this is a great place for you.
Pros
Discount, fun
It's fun to sell colourful soap
Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 22, 2018
As a part time sales associate, I was expected to meet a certain availability requirement (varies from location to location) but I had a choice of which days and which hours that I was available for. A typical shift was 4-8 hours long, and positions would rotate between sales (sometimes sales in specific sections) stocking/completing tasks, and cash.

I learned so much information about different skincare, haircare, and body care ingredients, like how they are sourced, what benefits they have, and what types of skin/hair that they are good for. I also learned about aromatherapy and essential oils, different charities/ethical causes, and ways to be more environmentally friendly.

The dress code is black and white, but accessories can be colourful and staff are encouraged to express themselves. Lush employees are known to be unique and eccentric, because Lush as a company is just that. In the two stores I worked at, coworkers were more like family that just coworkers.

The hardest part of the job was meeting some of the floor leaders (supervisors) expectations/goals. This wasn't a common occurrence, but sometimes it felt impossible when the goal was "make 5 sales over $50 in the next half hour" when it was a Tuesday afternoon and we had more staff than customers

Overall, everything about this job was enjoyable.
Pros
Generally flexible, great training resources, ethical company, great discount
Cons
Difficult to transfer to new locations, job advancement is very competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lush Cosmetics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2